Thread: found a old nishijin game -- need some info on it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default found a old nishijin game -- need some info on it

I found this old game in a abandoned house that I was working on. I had never seen anything like it before. Been doing some reading on this forum and it sounds like a interesting hobby to rebuild these. This one is in pretty bad shape. Does any one have any information on what model it may be. It says nishijin shiroi kamome super deluxe on the front and nishijin sophia on the back. From the stickers on the front the two numbers I got where a 50 and a 12. Here are a few pictures of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to platniumta

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: found a old nishijin game -- need some info on it

Welcome to Pachitalk

what you have is a Model "B" machine.. looks to have a bit of rust on the frame... easy to clean up.. a bit of water staining on the cell (no way to clean it, sorry) but all the parts seem to be there

you say the sticker say 50 that means 1975 of an expiration date.. so the estamated build would have been around 1973 or so

not a bad find congrats
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool thanks for the infomation. Yeah it has some rust on the chrome. I need to figure out how to open the front lock cause it doesn't have a key. I think i am going to make it a project for those bad weather days.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok my friend.. here we go... you ready to start this adventure???

First 'opening' the machine. There are two ways these machines open. Looking from the rear on the far left side there is a lever that when raised will release the play cell board from the frame and allow it to swing open. You'll use this method to make it easier to get to the components as you are cleaning. One the far right, you will find a stiff wire with a loop in it about center. Put a finger in that loop and pull upwards that will open the glass frame on the front. Looking at the front of the machine with the glass frame open, look at the top of the lower section and you will see a lever on the right that you can press downward. Press that and the lower section will open up exposing the components for the shooter.

Now.. here's a few things you need to know. DO NOT WASH WITH SOAP AND WATER! This will absolute reak havok on your play cell. I use glass cleaner (Windex or generic) and lots of paper towels. Spray and wipe, spray and wipe, repeat. Go to CVS and you can find wooden shaft Q-Tips that you use to clean between the nails. Spray cleaner into a small bowl or a plastic coffee can lid.. dip a Q-Tip in clean... rub... repeat. Regular Q-Tips will work but the wooden ones stand up to the pressure better. Once you get it mostly clean, get some fine steel wool for the local hardware store <$5 and rub the chrome.. you'll be amazed at how much that helps!

Back side cleaning. Get out your digital camera and take lots of pictures. Then remove some of the coverings and take more pictures. Repeat process until you have exposed all the ball tracks and such. Clean all the parts and put them back in the opposite order you took them off. Use fine emory cloth to clean the metal swivel points. As you put things back make sure all the parts that are supposed to swivel do so easily. DO NOT OIL!.

Got it all clean??? (expect about 8 hours on this process) Now you need balls (all puns intended and vastly over done here). You will need a minimum of 500 balls but recommended 1,000 for continous play with out refilling. Put the ball in the top hopper, but remaining in upper player's tray, flip lever and enjoy.

There is it .. enough to get you started! These games are great fun to play and (for some of us) a real joy to restore.

Hope this helps

Rusty
    Rusty Key

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wrkey View Post
    Now you need balls (all puns intended and vastly over done here)
    Don't forget to have a ball while doing the cleaning otherwise it will drive you nuts. I also like to listen to music when I have a lengthy project, any rock and roll but my favorite is the Bay City Rollers." S A T U R D A Y Hey!!" When finished remember to testes the action for play and smoothness. Good luck and remember you can never have enough balls.
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to bfree

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk! You have come to the right place to get help and lots of encouragement!!

Here are two threads that will help you get started:

Model B Video - Explains how the machine works http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

Tips For Cleaning Your Vintage Pachinko Machine - Exactly what the title says: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...o-machine.html

If you have any questions or run into trouble, just post back and we will help you along.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A man walks into a psychiatrists office wearing nothing but saran wrap. The psychiatrist says "clearly, I can see your nuts!!"
    Bill
    "trying Is the first step towards failure" Homer J. Simpson

12. The following user says "Thanks" to bfree

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    When finished remember to testes the action for play and smoothness.
    testes...are you "nuts"?!
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for all the great infomation. Now to find some time to tackle this project.