Thread: Sankyo Super Combi CR hard error 7 no payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Sankyo Super Combi CR hard error 7 no payout

So I got myself my first modern. It's a Sankyo Super Combi CR. The guy I bought it from had only 150 balls for it, and couldn't get it to work. So, I came home, and loaded it up with balls (as in filling the ball tray completely), and still it will not payout, and has an error code 7. Which, if what I've been reading correctly means it thinks it is out of balls. I drained all of the balls out (including those within the payout mechanism), loaded it up with balls again, and still a hard 7. I pulled out the sensor that is just above the payout mechanism, and the little ramps in there move freely. There are only two "inputs" on the back for the technician that I see. One is a 3 position slider switch, which seems to deal with sound, and a small round black/dark grey button on the left hand side in the middle, which when I push it/hold it in appears to do nothing... I have held it in while plugging the machine into the wall at the same time, still nothing (as in no change from when I'm not holding it in). The shooter mechanism works, when balls go into the pockets, no payout, but they do all seem to be responding correctly. If I take the dongle off, plug it in, I get a 5. Put the dongle back on, plug it in, I get a 7. Of note; plain dongle, not the DaveRob dongle I've seen a lot of posts on. I pulled the two connectors on the payout mechanism, and reseated them to no avail. It hasn't been thoroughly cleaned yet, so if there is a place I can put some extra effort in, that might be helpful. Thoughts??? (My vintages are looking less complicated by the minute)

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Super Combi CR hard error 7 no payout

I doubt I'll be able to help with this one, but pictures always help!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Super Combi CR hard error 7 no payout

Fixed with the oldest trick in the book!!!

I disconnected as many wire harnesses as I could and then reconnected them all back together again.

I'll be posting pics in the normal threads area, and asking questions about game play, etc...

Thanks!!!

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ACMech