Thread: need help bally 5000 plus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default need help bally 5000 plus

I just bought a 1992 bally 5000 plus slot machine. i have a techinal background so please let me know. i plug it in and the lights turn on, all 3 fuses good, on the board with the battery on it (what is the board called) the battery has 1.3 VDC, i see 2 LED's on the same board with the battery on it they both light up once and dont come back on. the machine doesnt do anything else the credit lights dont work, no sounds i bought some clearing chips on ebay and a key pad too. the board with the battery has some piggy backed chips on it. Any help please let me know

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: need help bally 5000 plus

im sure i can help ya out as i just went threw a reset of my machine last year...

i have copies of a manual and clear chips as well.. save your money and im sure we can work out a deal...

at work right now ill shoot ya a PM when im home and rounded up the information...

just for giggles could ya post a pic or two... love Pictures

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Last edited by Moparformances; 01-26-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Attachment 38308

Well here it is in all its glory i can add more pics if need be
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to big

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i first got my machine this was the help i first recieved ( i was geting error 83)

An 83 tilt code is a memory error that requires the ram to be cleared. Depending on the MAINS installed on your MPU board, there are 3 ways to clear RAM.
    FIRST METHOD: Turn off power. Unplug the I/O board (top circuit board, do not unplug ribbon cables on front of I/O board), power up the game and wait for the LED display to show a "CH/CL". This indicates ram has been cleared. Turn off the game, plug I/O board back in and power up the game. If this process did not work, you will need to continue to the next step.
    SECOND METHOD: Turn off power. Move the JUMPER on MPU board from J15 to J14 (see pictures attached for details) and power up the game. Wait a few seconds and observe the LED display. When you see the "CH/CL" then ram has been cleared. If this does not work, the
    THIRD METHOD is to use a set of "Ram Clear Chips" or by replacing the current eproms located in sockets U12 and U15 with a set that does not require the use of the "Clear Chips". The U12 and U15 sockets are located under the piggyback board. Please see the attached picture to see location of chips.

when that did not work i bought the clear chips... my problem ended up being some one had bent and broken the prongs of the chips in my Board.. so i had to get new chips..

hear are some instructions on how to use the clear chips

Clear Safe RAM Nevada

To clear Safe RAM. fol low these steps.

-CAUTION DISCHARGE ANY STATIC CHARGE IN YOUR BODY TO AVOID ANY INTERNAL DAMAGE TO THE COMPONENTS.

1. Remove power from the MPU board.

2. Remove the program EPROMs U12 and U15 with an IC Insertion lextractlon tool. Lift the chip slowly to avoid bending or breaking the pins.

3. Place the Safe RAM Clear chips In their corresponding locations. Locate pin 1 which Is to the left of the endmarklng on the chip. Locate pin 1 on the board. Carefully line up al I pins before pressing the chip Into place.

4. Power up the board. The
    following messages appear In sequence.
    TEST 8K WORDS CLEARING SAFERAM SAFERAM CLEAR
    The fol lowing messages appear and remain Indicating a problem on the MPU board.
    If "!SAFERAM NOT CLEAR" appears. press the "RESET" button to test 1 more time.
    If any of the fol lowing messages appear. the program cycles back to "! TEST 8K WORDS" and tests again. If the problem remains the cycle continues and the "BAD" message keeps appearing.
    BAD SAFERAM ENABLE
    BAD SAFERAM WRITE
    BAD SAFERAM READ

Clear Safe
    RAM (cont'd)

NOTES
    1. Remove power from the board.
    2. Replace U12 and U15 (main program chips) with original or new program chips.
    3. Power up the board.
    There are 2 sets of Safe RAM Clear chips. One set clears al I game records, options, and meter Information. The options default and need to be reset. One set clears al I, expect the keypad opt Ions.

New Jersey

To clear Safe RAM, follow these steps.
    1. UsIng the keypad, InitIaIIze command "79". "CLEAR SAFE RAM" appears on the Message Center.
    2. Enter the date. Safe RAM Is cleared. "RESET" appears on the Message Center Immediately followed by "DOOR OPEN" .

shoot me a pm with your Personal E-mail and ill send ya a copy...

hope that all makes sense to ya...
    Last edited by Moparformances; 01-26-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow i tried to click the thanks button on your picture post but got this message instead

alstonj1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

guess that part don't work to well yet Sid ...
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    Wow i tried to click the thanks button on your picture post but got this message instead
    your Thanks are posted.. but i think ya get that error if you click it twice befor the system removes the thanks button

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well good news!! I bought this machine for $80 replaced the $3 watch battery and it works but after putting some nickles in it i get a 24 error code and it doesnt regster all of the nickles that go in. i assume it needs cleaned or a new part. if sombody knows the the 24 error code please let me know, the lable inside skips 24 soooo any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to big

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by big View Post
    Well good news!! I bought this machine for $80 replaced the $3 watch battery and it works but after putting some nickles in it i get a 24 error code and it doesnt regster all of the nickles that go in. i assume it needs cleaned or a new part. if sombody knows the the 24 error code please let me know, the lable inside skips 24 soooo any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    ill look at mine tonight and see if its listed...

Congrats

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the manual says code 24 is

"coin in reverse"

24 says "Stringing of a coin. Coin bounced up-tighten the rail adjustment"

hope that helps

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

GOOD NEWS!!! It works!!! I bought the slot for $80, $3 cpu battery and adjustment to the coin compairator and its like new. any thoughts on what to use to clean the faces of the 3 wheels inside tho??? i dont want to use cleaner and take the pictures off of the wheels. I was looking in town for a slot machine stand and a buddy suggested look at a surplus store or thrift store. i found this one for $6 at goodwill it has a marble top, for $6 i couldn't go wrong. Thanks To ALL for all the help. I will post up pictures when i get home.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to big

Thanks
    Thanks Received

windex works wonders on the door and reels --- don't spray it on the slot, spray on soft towel or tissues, then wipe on parts
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know this is kind of an old thread but I am desperately in need of some Bally 5000 plus parts... well one in particular. The CC-62 Coin comparitor... would anyone have one or know where I might be able to buy one? Thanks
    T

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i needed repair of my 5000 pluss i sent the boards to this guy

Slot machine diagnostic service slot machine repair parts manuals

he did the work and i never had a problem after that.. im sure he has the parts your looking for...

good luck to ya

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have a manual if ya need info...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by camptbone View Post
    I know this is kind of an old thread but I am desperately in need of some Bally 5000 plus parts... well one in particular. The CC-62 Coin comparitor... would anyone have one or know where I might be able to buy one? Thanks
    T
    and me with no manners (again)

Welcome to Pachitalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    and me with no manners (again)

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Sorry I have been at work, just got home. Thanks for the reply but that IS who has my current parts and told me that I need a comparator. He is great and helped me tremendously in the past so I am sad he doesn't have any comparitors. So now I am here hoping someone has an extra one. Thanks again for replying T

24. The following user says "Thanks" to camptbone

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there was a bunch for sale on sacramento craigs list a few weeks back.. ya might run a parts wanted add on the sacramento site and see if ya get a responce.. i dont know if they were the right model but there was 10 or more in the posting

good luck to ya

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just bought a machine and it has the Safe RAM error, I could not locate the J15 to J14 jumper (we'll I can't find J15). Anyway I bought a keypad so hopefully that will work. Thanks for the post, can't believe information exists on these old machines!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have pictures of J15 jumper location, I must be blind. Looked at this board for over an hours for several days.... Found J14 right out in the open...