Thread: First Timer - In need of help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy First Timer - In need of help

I just purchased my first skill stop machine. It is a is a Mizuho Taco Slot Machine with a 3 reel setup. I have searched and found operation manuals for the machine on the web, but for some reason i'm unable to correct an error code "H.E" w/ an associated "wait" icon on. I have tried the reset procedures, filling the hopper, & removing and cleaning the hopper. With the hopper full, the machine is either in program mode, or the hopper "auto" empties shooting coins out onto the floor. I cant seem to get it to "reset" back to game mode. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: First Timer - In need of help

Quote Originally Posted by cmc85ss View Post
    I just purchased my first skill stop machine. It is a is a Mizuho Taco Slot Machine with a 3 reel setup. I have searched and found operation manuals for the machine on the web, but for some reason i'm unable to correct an error code "H.E" w/ an associated "wait" icon on. I have tried the reset procedures, filling the hopper, & removing and cleaning the hopper. With the hopper full, the machine is either in program mode, or the hopper "auto" empties shooting coins out onto the floor. I cant seem to get it to "reset" back to game mode. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank You
    Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

When are the Tokens "Auto" ejecting? After the key is turned back to the Left?

Left is Play
    Right is Program.

The button in the Pic below is the "credit" Dump Button. If that button is stuck it will cause problems. With the Pachi turned off, disconnect the plug for this button.

Then do a Full Reset. :

1. Pachi is turned off.
    2. Turn the inner Key to the Right.
    3. Turn the Pachi On.
    4. Set the Payout level. (1 to 6) (remember what # you set it to)
    5. Press and hold the Spin Lever for 5 seconds and release.
    6. Turn the inner key back to the left (with power still on)

Let us know what happens. Also, go back through the Full reset procedures and when you power the Pachi on after you have turned the inner key to the right, make sure that the number that comes up is the same number you last set the Machine to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 01-19-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Timer - In need of help

Hello!
    If you are mechanically inclined then take out your hopper and remove the top part. Examine where the tokens come out of the hopper coin wheel. There is a sensor there, either opto-electrical or (probably) a micro switch depending on the hopper model in your machine. Make sure it is clean!! Dirt and dust can build up there and cause the sensor not to work! This causes tokens to fly out unchecked because the sensor is not registering the count. Maybe this is your problem! (micro switches can get fouled with dust or the contacts burn! Burnt contacts means replacing the switch!)
    Oh, and some of the hoppers can spit tokens if it has not been seated properly in the machine. Clean and oil the contacts and press the hopper firmly into place.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some games have a switch on the power supply that causes the hopper to empty. check that switch and make sure its off.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to everyone for all the info & help. To recap: "HE" trouble code. My machine has a "flip" style toggle switch (no key) for the "program/play" mode. Going thru the reset procedures it seem to set the skill levels 1-6 just fine. But when switched back to play mode, the hopper ejects all coins. If the "push button" reset switch is depressed while in play mode it also ejects all coins in the hopper. Per SNORTARRIFIC!, I tried unpluging the credit dump switch but have the same results. While operating the credit dump switch, there is a LED that cycles on and off on the upper circuit board. Likewise, a LED cycles on & off when the "spin" lever is operated in program mode. I have removed and cleaned the hopper and the terminals at the rear of the hopper applying dielectric grease to all connectors. Per SlotRfun, I will remove again and check for that micro switch - did not specifically notice one on the first removal and dis-assembly, could explain the "HE" Hopper empty trouble code displayed. Per Chrisdice, do you know what I should look for as far as a possible switch on the power supply? My machine has a on/off toggle, a push button reset, a flat up/down program/play mode toggle, two fuses, & two slide switches mount above each of two counter wheels-both are in the "right hand" position.
    Thanks to all that read and reply to this and the entire forum - this is a great site with a wealth of information!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! -

There is a two position switch on the right side of the hopper. Per the the given advise I removed and cleaned the hopper again. This time I put a meter on the switch on the right side of the hopper(not knowning what it did previously). Found that it wasnt doing anything because the contacts inside the switch were corroded/dirty. Cleaned with some electronics cleaner & a brass brush, re-assembled and "Prosto", the hopper doesnt auto empty any more and the "H.E" error is gone. Now just a couple of light bulbs to replace and I'm on my way. Does anyone have a source for the small bulb holders? My machine is missing one

Thanks to everyone for your help!

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to cmc85ss

Thanks
    Thanks Received
    Last edited by SlotsRfun; 02-11-2011 at 05:18 PM.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun