Thanks Received

Default Growing Pin Collection

Two more to find room for!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Growing Pin Collection

wow, someday I will have the room...and the money for a smaller collection. Very nice.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Minelayer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice collection of wedge heads you have there !

6. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How many do you have now ?
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have four now, all Gottleib:
    1959 Universe
    1963 Sweethearts
    1965 Kings and Queens
    1969 Mini Pool
    but there's a whole bunch more I want...

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's awesome. I'm working on an old EggHead machine from the early 60's. Lots of work, but well worth it.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Wicked

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, these old EMs are definitely intriguing and very fascinating. Much more to them than a vintage pachinko I'll be redoing the playfield on a couple of my machines but I did manage to find an NOS playfield for my Mini Pool and a repro backglass for the Universe. Yes, lots of work but very rewarding.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I figured I'd show off some pics of my actual machines and the plans for each.
    All 4 are working but the Universe is not plugged in since I'm stripping the playfield as evidenced by the small pile of parts on the play field.
    Universe-Has a new repro backglass, new playfield plastics, rubber kit
    Mini Pool- NOS playfield and inserts (haven't put it on yet), rubber kit, new lane guides, new play field posts, new stand-up targets
    Kings&Queens-New repro playfield and inserts (haven't put it on yet), new lane guides, new pop bumper caps/bodies, rubber kit
    Sweet Hearts-just got it in but will be shopped and restored and the cabinet and backbox re-stenciled but the fact that it had been painted over helped with the price and stenciling though time-consuming, is easy. O A few light bulbs are out too in a couple of these but they'll all be replaced with new 44's.

So I've got lots of parts to install but as usual it's just finding the time.

15. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

New Play field for my Kings and Queens.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now you need a Spectra IV!
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That machine is very interesting! Never have seen anything like it. Good luck with the electrical components. As for myself I am sticking to switch stacks, coils, and relays!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wise choice my young padiwan!
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

VERY nice set of EMs! I can hear Elton John singing Pinball Wizard as you play the Kings and Queens... :-)

Bill

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Ripweade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Scored a very hard-to-find NOS Mini Pool playfield. Mini Pool's are the add-a-ball version of Gottlieb's Target Pool. They made far fewer add-a-ball's of any game since they were only destined for NY or Wisconsin due to anti gambling laws. As such, it's extremely unlikely anyone will ever do a repro run of this particular playfield.

24. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a rundown of the latest Gottlieb pins I've acquired:
    '65 Kings and Queens-Very collectible pin with 4 kickout holes and is on many top ten lists of EM games. When a ball goes in any one of them it is then kicked into the hole to the right. Right most hole kicks ball out and toward lower right ling shot. Lighting the 4 inserts below each hole lights the gobble hole above it for a special (free game). Backglass is a 9 or so but the playfield is very worn. I have a repro playfield waiting to be installed.
    '63 Sweet Hearts-One of my favorites. Object is to light cards 2-6,6-9, and/or 10-Ace. As these are hit the corresponding card on the back glass is lit. When any of the sequences are all lit a red light beneath the gobble hole comes on. If a ball goes then goes into the gobble hole up to 3 free games are awarded depending on how many red lights are on. If all cards are lit a purple "special" light comes on and a ball entering the gobble hole will cause all the rollovers to award replays. Targets above slingshots increase in points each time a card is hit and have corresponding inserts that light up. Got a good price on this machine since it wasn't working and someone repainted the cabinet. I remedied the problems buying a schematic and lots of help from another forumBackglass is a 6 and playfield is about a 7. I have a contact that is making (hopefully) repro playfields early next year.
    '59 Around the World-In the storage unit. It's very dirty and the plastics are shot but everything else is there. It's a project machine but was cheap and has a great 50's scifi theme.
    '67 Sing Along-Very similar layout to Kings and Queens. Basically Gottlieb rehashed a successful design. Great artwork. Playfield is very worn but I have a NOS playfield for it. Backglass is a 9.
    '67 Diamond Jack-Another collectible EM, this is the harder to find add-a-ball version of King of Diamonds. Goal is to hit all the diamond cards. 2-5, 6-9, and 10-Ace of diamonds are the sequences. As the cards are hit, miniature cards drop down in the backbox. As the sequences are made, balls are awarded. Every rollover in the game spins the target carousel in lower center of playfield. At any one time 5 targets on the carousel are visible. Looking for a new playfield. I also have new stickers to place on the worn carousel targets.
    '65 Bank A Ball-Another Gottlieb EM with backbox animation. In this case, 2 types of animation. As the pool balls are hit on the playfield a corresponding mini pool ball drops into view in the backbox and it's light goes out on the pool table depicted on the back glass. Once a player makes all the solids or all the stripes, the center 8 ball target lights for a special. If that target is hit then left and right center rollovers light for a special. Backglass and playfield are both a 9. Game was owned by one owner who purchased in the early 70's.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

26. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For some reason the pics don't load in the order that I selected them???
    Pics:
    1-Around the World
    2-Sing Along
    3-Diamond Jack back glass
    4-Bank A Ball, Pic of shipper loading it up (it's enroute)
    5-Kings and Queens
    6-Sweet Hearts
    7-Diamond Jack playfield
    No pics of the King Kool yet, I still have to go pick it up.

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received the Bank A Ball a few days ago and this weekend is the first chance I've had to spend time with it. I haven't forgotten about the Taiyo Zodiac refurb. I'm picking up the new cel for it tomorrow so reassembly has been put on hold till I get that.
    Anyway, this pin has been home use only since the early 70's. It's very clean and the playfield has almost no wear but the usual ground in dirt is present. The back glass has some minor flaking. Not sure if I'll seal it or not. When I took the pics I was about to break out the magic eraser and 91% alcohol to clean the swirl marks off of the play field, that's why there's no acorn nuts on the play field plastics. After that I'll apply 3 or so coats of wax to the surface.
    I haven't played it a whole lot since it took about 6 hours to find and fix the issues it arrived with. The 10's score reel along with the score motor would spin nonstop. I checked all the obvious places that are typical with this problem but had no luck. From there I broke out the schematic and traced all the components in the circuit and finally found the issue. Two broken switch blades in 2 different relay switch stacks. I had no extra blades so I disassembled the right coin mech (machine is on free play) and found a large blade that I then cut down to make two new blades. Installed those in the relays and problem solved. The 10's score reel was also moving sluggish and the prob was a dirty solenoid. I cleaned the plunger and replaced the plastic coil sleeve and now it spins fine. Another issue was the lights were not going out on the pool table pictured on the backglass. As balls are "sunk" the respective light goes out and that ball drops into view in the back glass display area. There's a large bank of relays that can be dropped down for service but must be fully seated for proper scoring and animation (ball drop and lights going out). It had come loose during shipping so I reseated it. Last issue was the Low Special light wouldn't come on when the low balls were scored. That resulted from a switch on it's relay with too large a gap. I decreased the gap and all is good.
    Pics are of the playfield and backglass showing balls still "on" the pool table and the "sunk" balls visible in the back glass.

30. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yepper I really like the good old EM pins when I go in Sept. to the Worlds Largest Pinball Expo in San Rafael (400+ Tables)

http://pacificpinball.org/events/ppe-5

I really Liked playing the Universe wood rail there
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

32. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57