Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I'm hooked!

Welcome to the world of Pachinko.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Chode1964

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have a local hardware and lumber store about a mile away they stock almost everything
    and if they don't have it they can order it at competive prices
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chode1964 View Post
    Welcome to the world of Pachinko.
    And what a fantastically frustrating world it is!

I might just have to investigate my town a little better, but as far as I know, there's only a Home Depot left as far as hardware goes. But there *is* a Radio Shack and Indy's only a short drive away.

Passed a TrueValue on the way home from taking the wife to urgent care today, but decided it would be wise to keep on driving. (Although I did happen to turn $17 into about $70 just by watching horseys run around in a circle for a couple minutes this morning! )

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to BG1996

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So... since I can't sleep, I got back to cleaning and poking the pachinko for a bit. Still working up the nerve (and finding the time) to really get in and clean up the guts, but I've also poked a bit at the wiring. Nothing extensive, though I can't imagine I'll get away without buying at least new bulbs/fuse, since the machine has been stashed for 20ish years.

While I was out today...err, yesterday...I hit up Radio Shack, but once I got in, realized I didn't know where to begin. Re-reading some stuff here and around the web, it looks like I need 6- or 7-volt bulbs and a 1.5ish amp fuse, right? I found the 1.5 amp fuse, but it was listed at 220 volts, which seemed dangerously high to me. But then again, I don't know anything about electricity! Am I in the right ballpark?

And looking at more pics of other B's around here, I'm definitely missing the orange/white caps for the wiring terminals. How crucial are they to have? Are they available at hardware stores?

Sorry for all the questions, just looking for the next "wow" factor for the next time my wife wonders why I'm spending so much time with a toy.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to BG1996

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pesonally, I use a 9 volt battery to power all of the lights on my Pachinkos, and you can get the 9 volt battery connecters at Radio Shack. If you go that route, then the fuse really doesn't matter - I put any fuse that will fit into the socket.

If you plan to connect your machine to the current in your home using a transformer, then the fuse should match the amps/volts of the transformer.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as for the little scre for the wires your missing.. i dont know the exact size.. but i do know that 4-40 scres are really close.. ther a bit small and the wring pitch but will hold the wires in place... nothing is better then having the right ones but like i said, in a pinch they will work..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update...

Jackpots are paying out a little more regularly, though I still haven't gotten the total nerve to pull a ton of parts off the back. I've unscrewed all that I can and cleaned around what I can there, but while I've noticed improvements in jackpot payout, it's not 100%.

In the meantime, I've been using the past few nights (when ringing bells and clattering plastic would not be ideal to the wife's sleep pattern) to break out the Brasso! I haven't had much luck with the "stems" of the nails, but I've got most of the heads looking fantastic, if I do say so myself!
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to BG1996

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Months later, the pachinko is back calling my name.

Just about the time of my last post, I started a few projects around the house, including new floors in 3 rooms. They look awesome, but right about the time we got the last one done, (in fact, 20 minutes later), I took a bit of a fall and ended up with surgery to fix a broken collar bone! Finally fully healed almost 4 months later, it's time to continue the addiction!

On the plus side, I think the game is really loosening up on the payouts. So much so that when our new puppy took an interest in eating pachinko balls, forcing me to clear the machine, I cashed in a big jackpot on just a handful of pulls. Go figure!

So I'll be back to polishing soon enough and think I really, really need to do something with the electrics, too!

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to BG1996

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to hear it is fully healed!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4