Thread: Gladiator payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gladiator payout

Hi guys,

I just picked up this machine (my first). I love the look and the colors etc. It seems to be working fine but will not pay off. I noticed a couple things. The machine constantly (every 5 seconds or so) makes a buzzing noise in the area around the ball outlet. I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen, but it doesn't sound good. I also tried different stopper (?) combinations. The tab (see pic) allows me to set the back or front stoppers up or down. I tried all combinations i think with no luck.Sorry for the terminology, I'm sure I'm not saying it right. Hopefully the pictures will help.

I can't find a manual online anywhere so I'm hoping you guys can help.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave C; 01-15-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gladiator payout

Hi Dave and

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

9 Drums has two Pay out Motors. The lower one is for normal Pay outs which is what you are having problems with. The upper one is used during a Fever / Bonus Round and comes into play if a Daverob Dongle is installed which will dispense Sphere's into your upper Tray using the two buttons on the front of the Pachi by the edge of the upper Tray.

As you look from the Back of the machine there are three chutes from the back top hopper that feed the two Pay out motors. The one closest to you and middle one feeds the top motor. The inner one feed the lower motor.

I put two arrows on your Pic. The Blue one is the ball dump lever. Sliding it to the right it will dump all of the Sphere's into the lower section in back of the Pachi. Slid to the left it shuts this "Dump" off.

See the Black Arrow pointing to the black Flap? That Flap is supposed to be flush under the Notch of the Ball dump assembly. If you were to put a Sphere into the inner track right now it would fall into the bottom at the rear of the Pachi. The noise you are hearing is the lower Pay out motor working but it is not being fed any Sphere's due to that Black Tab being up.

Put a container at the bottom on the Pachi in the back, Slide that Ball Dump lever at the Blue arrow to the right, push that Black Tab down and make sure the other Tab closest to you is also down and then slide the Ball Dump lever back to the left.

Fill the rear upper hopper back up with Sphere's and Give it a Go.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 01-15-2011 at 02:13 PM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post
    Hi Dave and

Welcome to PachiTalk ! ! !

9 Drums has two Pay out Motors. The lower one is for normal Pay outs which is what you are having problems with. The upper one is used during a Fever / Bonus Round and comes into play if a Daverob Dongle is installed which will dispense Sphere's into your upper Tray using the two buttons on the front of the Pachi by the edge of the upper Tray.

As you look from the Back of the machine there are three chutes from the back top hopper that feed the two Pay out motors. The one closest to you and middle one feeds the top motor. The inner one feed the lower motor.

I put two arrows on your Pic. The Blue one is the ball dump lever. Sliding it to the right it will dump all of the Sphere's into the lower section in back of the Pachi. Slid to the left it shuts this "Dump" off.

See the Black Arrow pointing to the black Flap? That Flap is supposed to be flush under the Notch of the Ball dump assembly. If you were to put a Sphere into the inner track right now it would fall into the bottom at the rear of the Pachi. The noise you are hearing is the lower Pay out motor working but it is not being fed any Sphere's due to that Black Tab being up.

Put a container at the bottom on the Pachi in the back, Slide that Ball Dump lever at the Blue arrow to the right, push that Black Tab down and make sure the other Tab closest to you is also down and then slide the Ball Dump lever back to the left.

Fill the rear upper hopper back up with Sphere's and Give it a Go.
    You are the man!

It wasn't just setting those back to flush (I think that's the way they actually were before I started messing around), but you pointing out what was going on made all the difference. I pulled out the lower motor and cleared some balls from the area and put it back together and it's up and running.

Many thanks!

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Dave C

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to be of Help..
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos