Thread: A First-Timer Looking For Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile A First-Timer Looking For Help

Just finished cleaning the internal components to my first Pachinko machine. I am nearly finished putting it all back together, only I have two problems that I need a professional’s help with.

My first problem is a case of an unknown piece. The first two pictures show a piece to my machine that I have NO IDEA where it goes. It’s just a small, gray, angled piece of plastic that I cannot place anywhere.

The third-fifth picture show various areas of my pachinko machines internal component board taken apart.

The second problem is electrical. I have tried to find an answer to this electrical catastrophe but have come up short. I have no idea what the wires do BESIDES the green and red pair that travel together along the side of the machine (they feed into a plastic piece for bonuses). If you look at the rest of the pictures, the problem known as wire-mania presents itself.

ANY help would be HUGE and sooo much appreciated. I am so close to moving onto the face board I just need to finish up with these two problems.

A little background on my machine… it’s a New Gin with expiration number of 52, 12… which roughly equates to expiration of December 1977 and a manufacturing date of 1976.

P.S. all the pictures besides the unknown peice were taken pre-cleaning phase. I have gone through every picture I took and have not been able to find a single one showing me where that peice goes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to nerfgun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: A First-Timer Looking For Help

Welcome to Pachitalk

really hard to tell.. your wires look like they may have been cut.. but it could be just the angle of the picture... my guess (base on the pics posted) would be the loose red and blue wires... keep in mind its low voltage so no huge wories... make light contact to ensure no sparks and give it a try...

as for the extra part... do you have any pictures of the machine befor you took it apart??? being able to see what style and brand of machine it is might help another member to look at there own machines for help...

good luck... if you were local i would be able to help ya out..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The red, white, & blue wires are for the empty tray & payout lights. I believe the red can be connected to one leg of a small power supply (9v) white to the other. wouldn't use a larger voltage without changing the bulbs first. dont connect the blue wire up to anything I think it was to signal the parlor that the tray was empty.
    Last edited by subdude; 01-10-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: because I can
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the unknown part unfortunately I'm not sure but it may look like the extension of a trigger switch. Does this part have balls mark on it, like if balls roll over it to go somewhere?

I would try to locate other parts of same color, this could help figure out where it goes. if the same color is used for some part (like brown external covers and tracks of Nishigin B), i would look at these section of the machine. Wish someone could give a better answer than myself

6. The following user says "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the gray part hinge on a little post (as identified in the pic)? I see where there doesn't appear to be anything there to push the rod that will keep the shooter from working. Nice work on the clean up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ACMech View Post
    Does the gray part hinge on a little post (as identified in the pic)? I see where there doesn't appear to be anything there to push the rod that will keep the shooter from working. Nice work on the clean up.

great eye hope thats it
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances