Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technical Help Needed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Technical Help Needed!

Hi guys,

After a couple years of remodeling my basement I finally set up my pachislos again and found a problem with the Tarot Master machine.

When I insert tokens into the machine they fall into the hopper (not payout tray).

"Insert token" light stays flashing, credits stay at zero but as I said, tokens fall into the hopper without registering and making that audible chirp.

I transferred the coin mechanism from the Tarot Master into another machine and it worked fine.

I then put the mech from the other machine into the Tarot Master and still have the same problem.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Technical Help Needed!

pictures of the machine inside and out while turned on will help .also i assume youve already done a full reset on the machine.
    Jeff

3. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

7. The following user says "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome and the quick response!

Photos attached.
    Front (insert medal light does flash)
    Inside of door
    Board above reels

Yeah, tried the reset quite a few times before swapping out coin mechs
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Calibos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you first turn the Tarot Master on is the magnet on the Token Acceptor energizing? (clicking)? If not then the Tokens will fall into the front tray.

You can check for the sensors working by sliding a token in reverse back up into the acceptor. You have to remove the black cover from the bottom of the Acceptor to do this.

It has 2 sensors and when you slide the Token back into the sensors two LED's should light up on that Mother Board. The Machine Will throw an error when you do this if the sensors are working.

Pic of your Token Accepetor is below.

That is a 2000 MACY Pachislo.

If the magnet is not energizing then remove, clean, check for bent pins, the connectors from the inner door PC Board to the other Boards in the Pachi.

If you have a Meter you can check for 28 volts on the two pins on the inner door PC Board that the Token Acceptors magnet connects to. I don't remember if that one uses a separate 2 wire plug or they are on the same plug as the sensor wires.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just got home from Work.

Had a Brain F$@T while there.

If the magnet on the Token acceptor is not pulling the flap closed which is causing the Tokens to drop into the lower tray, then press and hold the flap shut and insert a few Tokens.

If they pass through the Acceptor and run down the chute to the hopper and credits "ARE" added than all is well execpt for the power from the Pachi to the Token Acceptor.

In that case. Vue-cha-dey :

then remove, clean, check for bent pins, the connectors from the inner door PC Board to the other Boards in the Pachi.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Magnet clicks, coins roll to hopper, no tokens credited.

Ran a token in reverse; l.e.d.s fired and the room was filled with the lovely sound of ERROR music.

Banana dancing to error music is sarcastic, of course.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Calibos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My BAD ! ! !

I mis read your First Post :

"When I insert tokens into the machine they fall into the hopper (not payout tray)".

Do the LED's fire when Tokens are inserted normally as tokens fall into the "HOPPER"? You Me

16. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do the LED's fire when Tokens are inserted normally as tokens fall into the "HOPPER"?

Good question and I don't know why I didn't think to check that when I had it open.

Off to work though, so I'll check it in 9 hours or so.

Appreciate the effort on this so far!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Calibos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Let us know the results when you get back.

We WILL fix this.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, ran tokens through and the LE6 and LE7 light up.
    Checked every button on the front of the machine and corresponding led's light up as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After posting above I went and rechecked machine. I realized that the L6 led is constantly ON and winks OFF when a token passes it and then the E7 blinks ON quickly after when the token passes that checkpoint.
    With my other machines both leds are OFF and blink ON when a token passes.

Not sure if this makes a difference as the guts and working of these little creatures do vary but I don't want to leave out any details.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If our machine has been sitting unused for a couple of years I would unplug, clean and oil every connection. It may simply be a corroded contact somewhere because you said the coin mechanism works in another machine. You can use an old toothbrush and baby oil to brush the contacts and clean them.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SlotsRfun View Post
    If our machine has been sitting unused for a couple of years I would unplug, clean and oil every connection. It may simply be a corroded contact somewhere because you said the coin mechanism works in another machine. You can use an old toothbrush and baby oil to brush the contacts and clean them.

The Pachi set an error when you passed the token back through the sensors so the Mother Board "is" getting a signal from them. Both LED's light up with the Token going in both directions.

You stated that all other buttons, knobs and switches "do" light up a corresponding LED so there should not be a "Stuck Button" issue. The "Credit" display is on and reads "0".

In your 2nd Pic in post (5) I see a red line on the Token Acceptor Plug. Is that a wire or a magic marker line? It looks like it is going to Pin 2.

Pin 2 is sensor A
    Pin 3 is sensor B

This is a Bet 1,2,3 Token Pachi.

Has a Full Reset been Done? And are there any slide switches on the Power Supply? If so could we get Pic's of them and where they are currently set?

25. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, it's magic marker. Notes placement for the black/red (power I assume?) wire.

I should note that after I went back down to compare guts to my other machines (no identical insides with the other models, sadly) I noticed that the LE6 stays constantly lit until triggered by the token (blinks out quickly) and the LE7 flashes.

I found that 2 of my other machines have visible led's also, and a token causes both of their led's to flash...not one to flash and the other to "wink" out.

I realize that this may simply be a different way to display the breaking of a circuit...but I didn't want to leave out any detail.

Yes, reset has been tried many times. Odds are set and then the "insert medal" light flashes like it's ready to be played.

(2) switches below reset keyhole. Left is a slider and the right is a 2 position. Pics of switches posted tomorrow night, good sir.

Looks like I found my weekend project.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next time you are at the machine power it up, verify that the LED # 6 is still on and 7 is out.

Then disconnect the Token Acceptor plug. If LED # 6 goes out when you do this then there is an issue with that sensor in the Token Acceptor that operates LED # 6.

How the sensors work to add Credits. :

On this Brand Pachislo both of the wires from the two sensors of the Token Acceptor to the Mother Board are sitting at around 5 volts. (A high state) When a Token passes each sensor the Token passing each one causes the sensor to ground out (a short is made creating a low state) that 5 volt high state. When the Mother Board see's that both of the sensors are pulled from the high state (5 volts) to the low state and in the correct order and timing sequence it will add a Credit.

When you manually passed a Token through the sensors backwards, the Mother Board did sense this but saw the order backwards and set your off.

By setting the machines up like this, trying to attach a string to a Token and sliding it back and forth pass the sensors, the Companies that manufacture these machines defeat this "Trick" to try to get free Credits.

Gary had a problem with his Pachislo not registering Credits. :

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...t-working.html

Gary wound up having two bad sensors on the PC Board in his Token Acceptor.

As the Pachislo industry progressed a third sensor was added. The newest Pachi's out there are using three sensors but they have gone one step futher.

One of the three sensors is located further away from the other two. That has changed the Timing sequence adding a "Delay" in time for that sensor. Due to this I have had to modify the "Code" that I program into my AutoSlot chips to replicate this timing change.

Let us know what happens when you disconnect the Token Acceptor Plug and we will be one step closer to solving this Problem.

I think that from what you have posted about swapping Token Acceptors that LED # 6 may stay on. If it does then there is either a shorting issue in the machines wiring harnesses or the Mother Board has a problem as it sets the voltages and logic states to operate the sensors.

I do not own a Macy Pachislo but I will dig around the ones I have to try to find this Token Acceptor. Does that plug have 9 wires on it?

Eleco and Aruze should use the same Token Acceptors.

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Technical Help Needed!

OK I found one in my Mizuho ANAZAI HIROKO that I got from LD.

Stop the Presses. This has 3 Sensors.

LED # 6 the one that is lit and goes out is the third Sensor we will call "C".

If you look at your Token Acceptor installed, just below the horizontal silver bar at the top of the Token Acceptor towards the left side you will find a vertical black plastic bar. If you push it in with the Pachi turned on LED # 6 will go out. It is supposed to do this.

First a break down of the 9 wires on the Token Acceptor Plug. These read right to left as you look at the Plug. :

Pins 1 Red Wire and 9 Red Wire - going to the Magnet.

Pin 2 White Wire - Sensor A to the Mother Board

Pin 3 Green Wire - Sensor B to the Mother Board

Pin 4 Yellow Wire - Sensor C to the Mother Board

Pin 5 Thin Pink Wire - +5 volts for Sensors A & B

Pin 6 Thick Pink Wire - + 5 volts for Sensor C

Pin 7 Thin Black Wire - Ground for Sensors A & B

Pin 8 Thick Black Wire - Ground for Sensor C

( Both Pin 7 & 8 are electrically connected to each other )

The Pic's below show the placement of the Sensors and the Plug wire # order.

The three wire Sensor is C. The four wire Sensor is A & B.

When a Token is inserted LED # 6 should go out and come back on, LED 7 and one other LED should Flash on and off. One of the two sensors in the 4 wire sensor is not lighting up the other LED. My best guess as what that LED should be is # 8.

We know the Token Acceptor is good by you swapping it out with another one which did not make the Credit Add work. The Token Acceptor from this Pachi worked in the other one.

First thing I would do is clean and re seat the multi pin connector on the inner door Board that runs up to the Mother Board and also the other multi pin connector at the Mother Board on this harness from the inner door Board.

Then try to see if all is well.

There is an open connection for that other sensor on the 4 wire sensor. To figure out which Sensor it is, A or B, insert a thin wire into the back of either pins 7 or 8 on the token Acceptor plug.

Then touch the other end of that wire one at a time to Pins 2 and 3. By doing this you are simulating a Token passing the 4 wire sensor to activate sensors A & B.

One of those Pins (2 or 3) will light up LED # 7 when you connect to it.

If Pin 2 lights up LED # 7 than that is Sensor A and Sensor B is not being sensed by the Mother Board.

If Pin 3 lights up LED # 7 than that is Sensor B and Sensor A is not being sensed by the Mother Board.

Let us know what you find out. Be careful using that jumper wire. Keep it away from Pins 1 and 9 which are the 28 volt supply to the Magnet. 5 volt Logic Circuits do not like 28 VOLTS ! ! !

W A Y past my Bed Time. Good Night.

30. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have yet to get back downstairs and try testing the sensors like you recommended. I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate the detailed pics and advice on this. I should be down there tomorrow night or hopefully earlier if this crazy snow keeps coming!

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Calibos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast