Thread: barbaoki is new!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question barbaoki is new!

Hello . Ironworkerdalton contacted me regarding a Gladiator Pachinko Machine that I had listed for sale on e-bay. He suggested I join this group to let people know that my Gladiator did not sell.

During the auction I received several inquiries about the patented ball lifter that is attached to the back of the machine. Apparently this is something a lot of Pachinko enthusiasts are interested in.

I had some ask me if we would consider removing the hardware and selling it separately. Since I am not knowledgeable in this area - I am uncertain as what I should do.

I hope that some of you would be interested in advising me what I should do in this instance. Meaning, should I hold out for someone to buy the machine complete... or should I consider removing the hardware to sell it off separately... Anyone know what the lifter is worth on it's own - what it is worth if I leave it as part of the whole package???

I realize that since I am located in Western Canada - some potential buyers may be concerned about shipping costs out of the country.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to barbaoki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: barbaoki is new!

Welcome to pachitalk.That is quite an interesting ball lifter. Did it come with the machine when you bought it? I think i would still sell it as a complete unit,depending on the price.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

i know thouse that would likt to have only the lifter are not going to like this but i toul would sell them together...

sorry to say i think the bulk of your value is in the lifter...

with that being said... it did not sell in Ebay allready??? could your asking price be to high???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome barbaoki!
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for your warm welcomes! I am trying to get the hang of this... actually posted a reply, but I don't see it here... so will try again.

Seems so far, the opinion is to keep the Pachinko and the lifter in tact. I kind of felt the same myself... I believe the lifter is what makes our Pachinko that much more marketable.

Regarding the question about our Pachinko machine we had listed on E-bay... no it did not sell. There were some bids... came up to just over the $200 mark. But that was less than our reserve... and well below our purchase price.

We bought this Pachinko abour 4 years ago from someone here in the Okanagan who had installed the ball lifter himself. We really don't have a proper place for it, and we are finding that it is just collecting dust here. So will be listing it back for sale soon. Not sure if we should list back on ebay - or perhaps just locally... Where do you folks usually find it best to advertise such an item?

We are not trying to make a killing on it... just want to get a reasonable current market value. Does anyone care to suggest a reasonable reserve price for the Gladiator Pachinko with the lifter for our next auction? We want to make sure we price it to sell this time. Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what condition our machine is in and what the lifter looks like:

on edit: Just wanted to mention that the handles on the side (you can see from front view) are removable... they are a handy feature for moving the Pachinko around.
    Last edited by barbaoki; 12-29-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: forgot to add info about the machine
    Barb
    from the sunny Okanagan!

9. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to barbaoki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome! And that is a really nice setup! I, along with a TON of members here wish all their machines had a setup like that in the back!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

11. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ELP... do you have a connection with them?
    Barb
    from the sunny Okanagan!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by barbaoki View Post
    Does anyone care to suggest a reasonable reserve price for the Gladiator Pachinko with the lifter for our next auction?.
    i have seen Gladiator 9 Drum sell for less then 100.00 some times more but most of the time less..

A ball lifter on Da-bay right now for $369.95... now some would say that cheap... but i would say if it such a good deal y is it still listed again, and again.. Dont get me wrong.. ball lifter are cool and can really make a Pachinko machine great.. but for 369.00 i can buy more then 6000 pachinko balls.. and build a super sweet cabinet to hold them in..

IMHO i would say a ball lifter is worth somewhere about 150.00 or so.. having a lifter hooked up to multiply games is where a lifter could be worth more... but as discused befor how many modern machines can one lifter feed???

your lifter is different then most.. but doesn that make it worth more or less??? how much noise does it make?? how well does it work.. ie how many balls per min??

try making a vid... (worth 10,000 words)

We want to make sure we price it to sell this time. .
    if ya want to guarante a sale... start it at .01 with no reserve... "that will make sure we price it to sell "

sorry could not resist

good luck with your relist
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ELP... do you have a connection with them?

I Just like it as a welcome song from me to you for becoming a member of Pachitalk
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I haven't been on-line here for some time. Thought I'd do a short update on our Pachinko machine. After a busy few weeks, I finally listed locally here in the Okanagan on Craigs List, Castanet & Kijji... for $255. I'm thinking if someone local bought it, I wouldn't have the hassle of trying to crate it for shipping.

So, the next day I get an email from someone saying they have been looking for a silk drive/ball lifter for quite a long time. Of course he wants just to buy the lifter... What the heck!!! Doesn't anyone want the machine???
    Barb
    from the sunny Okanagan!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ball lifter is a rare and sought after item for Pachinkos. You could sell them separately and probably make more money.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, probably would make more money that way... only thing is, I'm not that mechanically inclined ... I'm afraid I would break something, or maybe take off something that I shouldn't be... Then I'd be left with 2 pieces of equipment - neither working... Surely there has to be someone local who wants the whole thing.

Turns out this guy who e-mailed is from Virginia... wonder how he got on to a west coast local ad???
    Last edited by barbaoki; 01-26-2011 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Barb
    from the sunny Okanagan!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I say feed it to the Ogopogo!

Love the Okanagan! Penticton in particular..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ha Ha... surprised someone from Greece knows about the Ogopogo! Sounds like a good idea - but such a waste... I'm sure this unit is of value to someone out there.
    Barb
    from the sunny Okanagan!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many a Peachfest and although its been many many years i am still recovering from the sunburn from my last drunken float down the channel between lake Okanagan and lake Skaha.. :-)

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turns out this guy who e-mailed is from Virginia... wonder how he got on to a west coast local ad???
    Not much gets by us here at PachiTalk!!

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/mode...fter-sale.html
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4