Thread: Reel Motor Replacement

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Reel Motor Replacement

Hello Everyone,

I recently got a slightly used Pachislo Hanabi slot machine that did not quite work correctly. The middle reel would spin one revolution, stutter, then do it again, not allowing the reels to be stopped via the three skill buttons. I narrowed the issue down to the motor for said reel (I switched the reel through all the positions, and all reels worked in all positions except that one - which did nor work in any). Anyhow, I am looking for information to what type of motors these are, and where I could come about find a replacement. I saw the parts thread, but like another poster said, it was over 3 years old. Let me know if you need any more information, and thank you for your help in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reel Motor Replacement

usually its a reel aleignment or reel cage problem, do each reel turn freely when turned by hand, could the reel be rubbing on something when the door is closed??

reel steeper motors hardly ever go bad.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i cant really help ya wint your problem.. but i can say

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thoroughly checked everything, and ran the assembly outside the cage, without the reel attached, everything, and the problem still persisted. I bought it from my landlord who i think tinkered with it - the "Seal" sticker on the screw holding the motor together was torn as if it had been taken apart. I did some snooping on here a few days ago as to all the trouble-shooting for this problem (I think one other person had the exact same thing happen). I just didn't know if these motors were 'standard' for all the Pachislo slots, or specific to model, or where to go about getting replacements.

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MaliciousMelhorn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I saw someone else say the exact same thing on here a few days ago when I was snooping around. I then found all the troubleshooting for an issue like this and went through it. I ran the reel outside the cage, without the reel attached, in every other slot, everything. I then deconstructed that reel assembly and found the "SEAL" sticker on the actual motor assembly was torn as if it was taken apart. I bought this machine from my landlord, and he would be one to tinker. So I am fairly sure that the motor itself is shot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

read this thread and it should help you with stepper motor theory .these motors very rarly go bad .Read the threads and it should help you to understand the circuits needed to get a good spin before the buttons will light for you to stop them .
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...dont-stop.html
    Jeff

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    read this thread and it should help you with stepper motor theory .these motors very rarly go bad .Read the threads and it should help you to understand the circuits needed to get a good spin before the buttons will light for you to stop them .
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...dont-stop.html

alstonj1 - I read those posts, cleaned all connectors, and retried several times. For a short while (2 spins) the reel worked successfully, as if it was a connection issue, then stopped again. Also the red LED on the back of the stepper-motor will not light up like the other two motors. I think that the motor has to be shot - or at least a connector somewhere is on the motor assembly. I spent two hours with everything connected jiggling all the wires while it spun and stuttered and could not find the culprit. Any other ideas? Could it be a dirty sensor or something inside the motor not allowing it to index it's position? I cannot find a replacement motor for the life of me, so I think my options are figure out a fix or trash the machine...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MaliciousMelhorn View Post
    alstonj1 - I read those posts, cleaned all connectors, and retried several times. For a short while (2 spins) the reel worked successfully, as if it was a connection issue, then stopped again. Also the red LED on the back of the stepper-motor will not light up like the other two motors. I think that the motor has to be shot - or at least a connector somewhere is on the motor assembly. I spent two hours with everything connected jiggling all the wires while it spun and stuttered and could not find the culprit. Any other ideas? Could it be a dirty sensor or something inside the motor not allowing it to index it's position? I cannot find a replacement motor for the life of me, so I think my options are figure out a fix or trash the machine...

I know this is an OLD thread but the problem that was discussed in this thread was the Optical reel position sensor (or the plastic post that hangs off the reel)

12. The following user says "Thanks" to TucsonDirect