Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: wanna import from Japan?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I asked how to do it , I know what its to look like , PLEASE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hot dog , diggidy gum drop ol tulsa finly come around to the good side - have another drink and he be singin the red neck national anthem - me going to get nuther beeer and drink tost to tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: wanna import from Japan?

Many would say it's not worth it but you cant just sell on ebay and on line and make millions. I was walking in the local mall around x-mas time when I saw a stand selling about a dozen slots. 2 days later 3 were left I rember the prices being 300 $ and up which we all know isnt the cheapest price. Next he brought in another 10 machines and continued to do so during the holiday season. If he sold at least 15 machines which would be a minumum of 4500 - 500 for rent space in the mall and and 1500 stock at max price would leave him with 2000 which is good but what If the machines were 500 or more I was at pachinko palace and saw 2 machines sold right befor my eyes and the man paid 900$. If you opend a stand with 30 slots at high prices around the holiday for olny 3 months you could make 30 of 40k ez.

Also 48 a machine plus 12 shipping on contanir plus 15 to refurbish make a premium machine about 75$ now this is olny an estimate and I could very well be wrong but I'm ball parking it.

75 premium
    and 55 japanese titles

In my opion

''if you will build it they will buy''

If any one has done this befor let me know if I'm on track or out of my mind.

Utopia1dc

Default Re: wanna import from Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by marniebattle
    Many would say it's not worth it but you cant just sell on ebay and on line and make millions. I was walking in the local mall around x-mas time when I saw a stand selling about a dozen slots. 2 days later 3 were left I rember the prices being 300 $ and up which we all know isnt the cheapest price. Next he brought in another 10 machines and continued to do so during the holiday season. If he sold at least 15 machines which would be a minumum of 4500 - 500 for rent space in the mall and and 1500 stock at max price would leave him with 2000 which is good but what If the machines were 500 or more I was at pachinko palace and saw 2 machines sold right befor my eyes and the man paid 900$. If you opend a stand with 30 slots at high prices around the holiday for olny 3 months you could make 30 of 40k ez.

Also 48 a machine plus 12 shipping on contanir plus 15 to refurbish make a premium machine about 75$ now this is olny an estimate and I could very well be wrong but I'm ball parking it.

75 premium
    and 55 japanese titles

In my opion

''if you will build it they will buy''

If any one has done this befor let me know if I'm on track or out of my mind.
    Wow! What mall only charges $500 rent? I looked into a few malls near me to sell other products (not Pachi's), and the cheapest for a little cubicle kiosk type space was $3000 a month for Oct, Nov, and Dec. It was slightly cheaper for the other months. Now this could be a regional thing, since I am in the NE area of the country and you are in Florida. $500 though is a bargain!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You would have to decide what the local saturation point would be. While there may be an immediate interest in the product, will this die off. Can you refurbish by yourself or will you have to hire and train employees? Profit on venture like this very dependent on the area. If you can find a way to artificially increase interest, then maybe.

Oh, and don't forget the space that a venture like this would require.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Local Big Mall Here On Sunrise Blvd.(SAWGRASS MILLS) Will Lease A 15x25 Chunk Of Hall Floor During Dec. For $4800. Power Is An Additional 300, Plus Cost.
    For A Single Crate Operation Figure 90.00 Per Machine Plus Sales Space. At That Point It Makes Sense To Purchase 30-40 From A Dealer Already Done And Roll Them During Your Christmas Rush. The Flea Market That Pp Is Set Up In Is Asking 975.00 A Month For A Spot 1/4 The Size Of Pp's With A 1 Year Commitment.( They Have Been There A Long Time So Im Sure They Have A Much Better Deal)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: wanna import from Japan?

Wow In the coral square mall you can get 480$ a good size table space for about 24 machine front to back and on top of each other. Costs a lot considering 480$ for a weekend so I guess I underestimated on the rent. I know Pp has been there for like 7 years SO they must be doing some thing right I think she told me that can sell 6 machines a week on average if this is true there in good shape. I think if some one were to open up a good 4-5 stands for 2 months you could make some major cash$.. I would not be so worried about saturation in the local market because I live in south Florida and people move in and out and come on vacation every day of the week. So unless I sold 272 million slots I think saturation is not a problum for me. Also look at you guys half of us own 7 or more. I don't because I'm low on cash and have other things to buy first. The olny road block is see is RENT. I recall Pp had a smaller location befor they sold scoters and vintage crap. All I know the have offer 50 machines in that little tent. I'm talking about 18 slots and reloading. So maybe 1000$ a month, for a small tent space local flea market. Or jack up the prices like a custom 300$ O hanbi. People in places like that are IMPULSE buyers which means oh my I have to have it. Not cool let me find it on eBay. So youÂ’re taking a chance and it's like looking for gold but first you must find cheap rent.
    Last edited by marniebattle; 03-19-2005 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Thanks Received

o yeah you'll need a where house

400$ public storage. monthly

So with all of this rent maby ebay is looking mighty fine.

Theres a reson why selling on line and buying on line is cheaper. Less overhead.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

for thouse who live in florida Sawgrass mills is a total goldmine

If they can sell rug cleaner in a kioask I guess 9.99 cant beat 399.00

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: wanna import from Japan?

Ok I think I have it..............This time

Sell on eBay and website all year round

Have where house for unfinished machines

Get container of at lest 200 machines befor X-mass

Buy a lot of tokens and balls and sell them on eBay.....Why? Why not on eBay any thing is possible.

Start refurbishing 6 monthÂ’s befor the holiday season. 20 machines a week maybe. Spare time extra income.

Then... sell lesser popular machines on eBay and break even. 1/2 of stock.

Take 100 Diamonds (hot machines) and sell on eBay and at your shop.

And repeat each year and make $$$$$$$$

Just an Idea from a guy with way to much time on his hands
    Last edited by marniebattle; 03-19-2005 at 03:45 PM. Reason: 2 stupid 2 spell right

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good Luck! marniebattle
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: wanna import from Japan?

Just haveing some fun I think I'll wait 5 or 6 more years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4