Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: wanna import from Japan?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the packaging is the best ive seen and so are most of the prices. It took me a good 10 minutes just to get to the machines. It had about 6 inches of foam around the whole machine :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hello all......i didnt forget the other 230 machines......it said all will not sell......so i just broke it in half this is why venders have machines in there warehouses collecting dust (me included).....lets just call them stock......so now we have 230 machines that is paid for just sitting around (stock).....then u order another container pay for it.....hope half sell if not you got more stock building up....and so on.....in the mean time paying for everthing to sell and keep warm costs money......then u throw in weekly specials for 69.99 to get rid of stock.......so the profit margine is less......you start losing at this point......then u get down to not ordering as many containers as u did the year before.....to much stock......money sitting on a shelf.......u can make it depending on the overhead and the right techs to service them the right way as a hobby or if u been in bussiness long enough u can survive......but i know a vender that was in it for over 30 years and he got out of it.........iam not downing any one here..............iam reading posts here as i type.........the packaging is a killer in the pocket when the machines only sell for 125.00.....also when they laminate the cases it also costs in the pocket................at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default !

make it a point to support them and mabye the'll make it.

Utopia1dc

at-slots,

Why do you think only half will sell? Sure some of the lesser ones you have to discount, but I still think there is money to be made. It's a lot of work, I agree. You also have to look at multiple avenues to sell the product...website, ebay, flee markets, wholesale, antique malls, small shoppes in town, etc.... :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when i took my machine to at slots, to be fixed and saw the inventory he had i never took in acount how much work and money went into a machine before it was sold,, plus how much the container cost. he explained a little of the business to me,, but i think i have a better idea now of what how much money is actually made on a machine after they sell it,,we need the these kind of people to stay in business, because i need more machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

half will sell in a good period of time.....u will have some for stock....just broke it down in half.....i agree with you 100%.....they are all very good options.....i inquired about some of them.......the insurance that some wanted was off the scale....... dealing with a small amount of machines in your garage at home making a couple of bucks on the side is great i dont down that at all.........but when you look at about 2000 machines in stock that are paid for sometimes it just not that easy to get rid of them all in a good period of time.......yes i agree also on the lesser ones but if u add it up for those lesser ones you either just break even or lose on them......................at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

at did you get my pm today??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill go get it

Utopia1dc

at-slots,

You make some good points. There is a lot that we take for granted that these vendors that import endure to bring us these machines. It's definetaly a lot more involved than we think. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

theres definately ive been to milts like 3 or 4 times now and everytime im there he has many people working on machines. i was just there today and he had his two secretaries working and a couple of guys going thru machines refurbishing them, he runs a nice operation that can help you with just about everything.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

republic industries is getting out also ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

theyre out as on this past monday

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i havent been in this adventure long......but i have been in bussiness for over 15 years in different things and i know what the cost is to employ people......just the benifits alone......then to get the right people to do the job the right way.......yes this adventure is a little costly.....and there is alot of nice work out there......there is a lot of work that goes into these machines......but i have listened to people that have been in the bussiness still are in the bussiness and ones now out of it......and i can see why....tank i agree.....i always did it on a volume thing........thats how i made it as far as i did.........not looking to make 1.5 million a week...lol............at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WOW......i didnt know......i think i got tokens off them last month.....i saw their transformers on e-bay.....i thought they were just over stocked with them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't believe in get rich schemes. I have a lot of friends from Japan and before I start in an adventure such as this, there would have to be references. I am a doubting Thomas, I check and recheck things. I would probably find my own source for machines instead of the source finding me. Yes there are exporters looking for gullible foreigners to dump there rejects on. But there are just as many honest exporters who will stand behind there work. And yes there is a price difference. And yes this is a supply and demand game. As far as I can see there are no retailers in the area. Both Sam's and Costco sell out of these pretty quick when they get them in, which is rarely. What are my focal points of exploring this possibility: 1. What is the saturation point of the area. 2. How far are people willing to drive to avoid shipping. ------3. A niche, can I create a niche.------------------Who knows, these things take months, and even years to set up.

I wonder if we have even touched the tip of the iceberg as far as pachinko's go.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you are right on the 3 things to look at......the one that gets me is the shipping thing though......i never shipped these machines.....i like the pick up of my machines.....i heard of to much damage done to them in transport......that goes for fed ex and ups......i like it when they pick them up......its a face to face deal.....they get to look around,play a couple of machines and take the one they like home with them......the deal is done with all/or most questions answered before they leave..........at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you are all missing the boat. The real money to be made is in customizing. Get yourself a 80-100.00 Pachilso and change everything on it and sell it the right way. There is a great future out there for good customizers. Don't try to compete with the Sams Clubs or Costcos out there as they will drive you into the ground.

Best thing that could happen here is to have dapperdan hold court and teach everyone how to do it right and advertise it on Ebay etc correctly.

I get these offers from Japan every week now especially from CF . All that shows me is that they want to flood the US with Pachislos and all that will do is put a lot of people out of business and cause this industry to talespin. The only ones that will survive will be the parts suppliers like at-slots, good honest customizers and the best dealers like GrandView and Milt.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I couldn't agree more with azlew. Wasn't it dapperdan or somebody took a pachislo that they got for like 50-60 bux spent 3-4 days on customizing, the final product was an awsome Monopoly pachislo, it sold for over $500 plus shipping on ebay... Your right azlew, that is the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! mike

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that might be the niche.........at-slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have sooooooo much to learn.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast