Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canuck is new!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Canuck is new!

Chako: You'll definitely be able to rely on this vendor.

Well everyone, I've got a story, and now a machine.

Yesterday I was given instructions via email to meet the vendor at a gas station at a certain time, and to pay in cash. Generally, my better faculties would prevent me from agreeing to such a bizarre arrangement, but the adventure was too much to deny.

I waited and a car pulled up, a well-dressed man got out and opened the trunk of his car. In a brief five minutes, he explained how to mount the machine in its cabinet, the mechanics of the machine and the number of balls I was getting. I felt like I was purchasing illicit weapons from an arms dealer.

Truth be told, he was extremely helpful and provided me his card for technical questions and further business.

Over all, I'm very pleased. Even with a direct pick-up, the vendor had the machine bubble-wrapped and ready for transport. I do feel a bit ripped-off over the price of the cabinet ($100) considering it's nothing more than a few laminated pieces of particle board. I was also surprised by the wooden frame already attached to the machine, which seems to be integral to the machine itself.

Where I'm At Now:

I've secured the machine into its cabinet using 3/8 inch machine screws, securely bolted at the sides and bottom of the frame. Given the flimsy construction of the cabinet, I cut two pieces of square tube steal and attached them to the inside top and bottom of the cabinet. I then attached the tube steal mounts to a plywood backing. This backing will then be mounted with my other shelving. It seems like a very flimsy construction so I changed my orignial plan to wall mount it, and instead will insert the machine into my bookshelves. This will allow the shelving under the machine to act as a support for the weight.

Some basic questions:

It's obvious that I require regular access to the back panel of the machine. Aside from the loading tray and the ejection tray, there are a number of other buttons on the machine which I can't decypher the purpose of due to language restrictions. I guess I've only got two question for anyone familiar with the hyper passion:

Aside from the power button, what do the buttons on the back of the machine do, and are they required to be accessed regularly?

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Canuck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am familiar with the hyper passion machine. On the back of the machine, you have the power on off switch at the very top right about 3 inches in. the red button below that is the ball stop button witch stop the ball flow,incase of a ball jam. the other red button releases the ball counting mechanism. You shouldn't need to use either button at all during play. On the front of the machine in the center right below the glass ,are two light blue buttons with symbols on them . They have been disconnected,and do noyhting. They were used in the parlors. The lower left button that iluminates, between plays is game button witch sellects the game mode you want to play. One game translates to say step up mode,witch means when the chance action hits the numbers progress up till they match all three numbers in play witch hits into a fever round. The other mode says saphire flashing mode ,in witch the right number flahes in blue to possibly match the other two nunbers in play.So whenever you push the blinking blue button ,you are changing the game mode from one game to another.I actually think ,by changing the games back and forth helps your chances of winning. I hope this helps you.I will be glad to help any way i can.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yose: Thank you so much, that's very helpful! I was having a "shiny red button" dillema looking at the machine. When I first plugged it in, I pressed the game mode button and nearly had an heart attack when the machine yelled at me. I'm very pleased!

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forgot to tell you about the volume control on the machine. On the back of the machine ,about half way up and about 6 inches from the left side you will see a black knob, behind the clear main cover. The cover has a pressure tab on the right side ,and can hinge open. You can adjust the volume with that black knob.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sure most will tell you though the Volume controls on a pachi are USUALLY worthless
    The best exception to the the rule I have found is on a Fuji Oval One Frame! It has likke 5-6 adjustments and works GREAT! MY galaxy railways Volume control was worthless. I went out and bought Volume controls! I DO hope you get yours under control with ease!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found the volume and it only turns the sound down slightly, but it's enough to make a difference.

Thanks for your help everyone, I'm up and running, and am thoroughly enjoying my first machine.

One thing I've noticed is that the ball paybacks are really low. For every 50 balls I put in, on average, I only win about 5 back. It's fun for me, but I can't understand why someone would play in a parlour if the odds are that bad.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when you hit a "fever" you will really see what all the excitement is all about

thats when player make their money wilnning thousands of balls
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to hear you got yours. I am still awaiting delivery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2