Thread: Latest Arrangeball Projects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Latest Arrangeball Projects

Ok, spent most of the morning doing the following work:
    Attached ball rails/tracks. I ended up not using screws as anchors and instead hammered the clipped wire ends into the original holes. Worked fine.
    Installed the green triangle ball deflectors above each tulip after applying gold enamel to their raised designs.
    Matte cleared the spinners and their bases after painting the bases. Assembled them and installed.
    Removed old hot glue from metal coin slot and polished it. Installed new red payout button and new arrow sticker (left overs from Taiyo Mars), as well as the microswitch. Then attached entire assembly onto the machine.
    Put the two black triangular ball guides at lower left and right corners of playfield after polishing them.
    Repainted and attached lower left "2&4" pocket and lower right "13&15" pockets.
    Cleaned, polished, and installed ball staging area plastics. Polished and shined brass playfield protector that sits just in front of the shooter spring tip. it keeps the balls from wearing a hole in the playfield.
    Cleaned and polished the brass rod that feeder and counterweight pivot on.
    Installed chrome frame with new hardware.
    Matte cleared and installed decorative trim around keyhole.
    Installed speaker cover at lower left.
    Put new "Double Score" sticker on upper left "Stop" plastic trim.
    Polished rectangular black number matrix border and attached. Well, it gets attached to the structures in the back which aren't on yet. Plus I'm redoing the number matrix itself to replace the old, faded colors.
    That's about it. It looks like the front is mostly done but there's still quite a bit. I have to finish the top center pocket, make and carefully place the 4 number stickers that go on each tulip, and do the final finishing of all the lower front trim plastics. Once all that's done then I'll start with the rear structural plastics and the electronics although I have cleaned the wire harnesses.
    Pics:
    A spinner. The large white housing contains a bulb that flashes when the large tulips open. It's a red flash as seen from the front.
    Front.
    Closeup of new payout button and sticker.
    Closeup of cel.
    New "Double Score" sticker.
    Pic of brass cel protector.
    Staging area dust cover/ball ramp access. Cool cover that swings out thanks to a hinge visible on the left. It snaps closed on the right.

Sorry, the descriptions are out of order of the pics but it's easy to figure out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emmadog; 01-23-2011 at 09:43 PM.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to emmadog