Thread: doa12's intro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default doa12's intro

Greetings.

I'm in the midwest and tend to collect some electronic items, many because they are 'neat'.

I joined PachiTalk recently, mainly to see the pictures of people's pachinko cabinets. I have the tools but possibly not the gumption to build my own, even though they don't seem too hard to do. At the time I was looking for a new pachinko, which I have since purchased and it arrived today. I also ordered a transformer from a link found here. I'm not totally sure how to connect the transformer yet, but I'll get there.

I currently own a Speed Racer pachislo, an Indiana Jones pachinko, and the new one is an Avant Garde Love-Love pachinko.

The Speed Racer pachislo is on a welded table that you can find at Pier One, which works really well for it and I don't need to worry about the weight. It came with 500 dull looking silverish tokens, so I got a bunch of golden slot cherry tokens for it.

The Indiana Jones pachinko is in a case I bought for about $80 with shipping... from somewhere. I might have bought another if I could remember where I got that one. It's a nice black cabinet that has a ball holder on top and the balls fall to a decently wide drawer in front. It's sitting on an old entertainment center I used for my CRT TV. I ordered a large amount of balls, which is more than the machine can hold in its hoppers. I imagine I'll use some for the new machine.

I've found the different cabinet builds here interesting. I haven't poked around too much other than the cabinet area, and a quick search for transformers. I did just glance at the post about buying straight from Japan, and I did that through regular eBay, the shipping stated in the post was really close to what I ended up paying. ($380 shipping for mine) The earlier items I got were already in the USA and adapted to power here, so shipping was cheaper and they could be plugged in after they were unpacked.

Anyway, I thought I'd say 'Hello', so... hello!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 17 users say "Thanks" to doa12