Thread: Trouble with Rio Paradise

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Trouble with Rio Paradise

I have a Rio Paradise machine that is driving me crazy. Ordinarily, I should be able to manually load the machine with tokens until the credit # reaches 50 and then any additional tokens inserted should fall to the outer tray.

With this machine, I can manually load tokens until the credit # reaches 49. The next token that I insert (for credit #50) causes the machine to go in error mode. The letters "CE" will appear in the payout window on the front of the machine and the token for the 50th credit will remain lodged within the token chute until the machine is reset. I've attached a few pictures.

I've tried a number of different things to no avail:

1. Remove and clean the token chute.

2. There are two black switches on the inside of the door between the token chute and the payrate button. I've tried both of these switches in the left position, both in the right position, top left/bottom right, and top right/bottom left.

3. I've inserted a small piece of adhesive putty inside the token chute to prevent a silver part on the chute from coming out and stopping/catching the token for the 50th credit. This is a compromise solution...as any tokens inserted after the 50th credit will fall into the hopper rather than to the outer token tray.

Has anyone ever experienced this with a Rio Paradise or Net machine? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Trouble with Rio Paradise

Forgot the attachments...
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. The following user says "Thanks" to mark1120

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an older NET machine, Rio De Carnival.
    It will experience a random coin jam from time to time, but it's nothing as predictable as coin #50.
    It also doesn't send the machine into an error.
    The only thing I could deduce from my machine, is that the coin mech isn't a solid mount.
    It has a bit of play to it because it is mounted with one solitary screw at the right of the mech.
    It seemed like a design flaw to me.
    My machine is in storage atm so I can't visually compare.
    Should your problem persist to the weekend, I'll check & post an image for comparison.

5. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to TikiTim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"3. I've inserted a small piece of adhesive putty inside the token chute to prevent a silver part on the chute from coming out and stopping/catching the token for the 50th credit. This is a compromise solution...as any tokens inserted after the 50th credit will fall into the hopper rather than to the outer token tray."

you have a really unusual trouble here.
    I would suggest you examine the 'silver part' as I suspect that it may need a small adjustment ( a slight bending) to prevent it from sticking out to block the tokens too soon. That part is supposed to extend out to catch/block tokens but may be emerging early if it is bent too far forward, (sort of a mechanical timing problem if you get what I mean) Be extremely careful if you think you need to bend it. Use needle nose pliers and make sure you firmly support the rest of the arm with another pair of pliers to prevent bending or breaking the entire arm off.
    good luck!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun