Thread: DANCE GROOVE technokohshin not found in database!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default DANCE GROOVE technokohshin (not found in database!)

I recently purchased this off of craigslist for $50. The person selling it said it wasn't working... tried to pass it off as a "Harley Davidson" machine with a cut-out poster paper of the HD logo behind a poorly cut bit of plexi in the bellyglass area. Fortunately the original bellyglass plastic frame was intact... but the original bellyglass art is missing.

I've done some searching but have not found this machine in any database online and have not seen any other photos of it ANYWHERE.

I called a few pachislo distributors but none that I've spoken to have had any information on it.

This is a VERY fun machine with great sounds.

When I got it... there was a loose screw floating around with the tokens in the hopper... sometimes the screw would jam the hopper...other times it would float around... after locating it during a jam, I removed it and haven't had a problem with it since. As easy a fix as this was, it could have resulted in a VERY MAJOR PROBLEM as it got the hopper motor hot during the jam. Fortunately I saved it!

The starter cards were cooked and had been modified with a soldered wire across where the fuses were, so even though the fluorescent bulbs looked good, I decided to convert the top panel and belly glass lights to 12v cold cathode tubes (less than $15 with AC to DC converter shipped on ebay; see my post in technical support forum for details about modification and purchasing).

All of the other lights work perfectly.

When the machine hits a "bonus" and cycles through... a soft reset is required after the payout.. and the "GAME OVER/WAIT" light comes on.

This machine uses the .50 cent (30mm) tokens and has an overflow bucket next to the hopper and inside, what appears to be two contact sensors that probably shut the machine down if the over flow takes in too many tokens. Not only does this machine take tokens, the sensor responds to actual .50 cent pieces as well.

The machine is wired at 100v AC and has what appears to be a separate ground wire with a female eyelet at it's end. There is a 28V DC converter inside, probably for the meat of this machine to run off of.

I think this machine is a knock-off designed from the DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION theme.

I haven't been able to find the original bellyglass art so I have commissioned the design skills of a local artist to create something that will be consistent with the existing theme.

If anyone has ANY information about this, please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to mrdoobie.com

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: DANCE GROOVE technokohshin (not found in database!)

ダンスグルーヴ

best I can do, maybe someone else can find it.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its looks to be made in the 90's any company name on it??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are photos of the other potentially identifying markings on the machine.

The only thing that looks like a year that I can read seems to signify "2001" and the number "8" possibly signifying the month of August.

I noticed what appears to be a logo design reading "NDK"... and it looks like the underside of an electric bell with the ball hammer ringing against the side in motion. This logo or icon seems to be on a couple of different stickers as you can see.

Please review the photos.

I appreciate your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following user says "Thanks" to mrdoobie.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well... I found an individual online who stated that he "has" a "Dance Groove" ... I tried and tried to get in touch with him... and finally DID!!! BUT... he said he sold it a year or so ago before he moved to the US. *sigh* So... no cell idea... it looks like I'm going to have to go for custom belly glass unless anyone can help with an original or photos? Anything?!