Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nishijin A single shot missing part s

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin A single shot missing part(s)

(7)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did fabricate a temporary cover for the ball run that is held on by rubber bands. I'll keep my eyes peeled for parts machines, which of course (as stated by wrkey above) will become another project that "I think I can fix". The story behind this machine falling into my hands... when I was about 11 years old (a few years ago ), I found one of these machines in a scrap heap, took it home and found that someone had stuck a marble in it, which jammed the mechanism. I removed it and it worked... then I stupidly traded it for a tape recorder a couple years later. Over the years I had told my wife about the Pachinko machine I had as a kid. She came across this one at an auction, having never seen one, but realized what it was from my description. And there ya go, now I'm hooked, looking for more already. Any obsession I may develop can surely be blamed on my darling wife. It's a win win!
    If I only own 1 Pachinko machine, does that mean I'm pachintzy?

3. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to SteveJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What a great story!! Your wife sounds like a real keeper!

My parents had a Pachinko for a about two years when I was a kid and I was always interested in it, but it never semmed to work right. One day my brothers and I took the balls out with our wrist rockets and had fun hitting targets in the yard (we lived on a ranch in the mountains). Soon after that, my mom donated the Pachinko machine to a "rummage sale" and that was that. Fast forward to about 2.5 years ago when I saw one on Craigslist and thought of my teenage boys who spent too much time on electronic games. I bought the machine "for them" and, of course, it didn't work. I fiddled with it for several months before I finally took it apart to clean and repair it. They played it for about 30 minutes and pretty much haven't touched them since.

Not log after that, I found this forum and have now restored over 30 Pachinkos.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Luckily or unluckily, I took posession of my "first machine" this past November from my parents that had it up in the rafters of their detached garage, it's damaged to the point that I would probably had made it a parts machine had I not been emotionally invested (water damage, cell flaking, plywood seperating, plastics discolored, some pitting rust, etc. I'm in the process of a full restoration, last night and today (while out of power for 16 hours) I polished about half of the nails I removed by candlelight. Of course that's along with my other projects that I'm working concurrently...

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I,m glad the cover worked and you did a nice job on the extension. If you want an original ball run cover, i think i have one. Just drop me an email and i will check when get back home on the 15th of Feb.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to thepachinkoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by thepachinkoman View Post
    I,m glad the cover worked and you did a nice job on the extension. If you want an original ball run cover, i think i have one. Just drop me an email and i will check when get back home on the 15th of Feb.
    Thanks Billy, I'll drop you an email and await your reply.
    If I only own 1 Pachinko machine, does that mean I'm pachintzy?

11. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stunning recovery of what may have been turned into a "parts" machine! Getting an original cover and extending the top was an excellent solution. So glad to see this TREASURE resurrected from the scrap heap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2