Thread: Old Nishijin Single Shot - Mystery Window... What the???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Old Nishijin Single Shot - Mystery Window... What the???

This old Nishijin single shot has a tube shaped window at the bottom right of the cell. If the seesaw is in the down position, balls coming down track to the seesaw are diverted into this the window. Subsequently, if the seesaw is in the up position, the next pay out is supposed to slide up a little door releasing a ball from the mystery window for an additional pay out. At least that is what I think is supposed to happen. If this is what is supposed to happen, it doesn't make sense because the ball diverted to the mystery window would have payed out if it had gone to the seesaw and when the seesaw raised it would have payed out...so where's the bonus in that? Any how, I think there is some sort of linkage missing that raises the door to release a ball from the mystery tube. Can anyone tell me what the mystery window is for, how it is supposed to work and what linkage is needed to activate the door to release a ball.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Old Nishijin Single Shot - Mystery Window... What the???

the thoughts on that are

if two balls are placed into winning pockets at the same time the second ball to the jackpot seesaw would enter your "mystery window"

on my Single shot machine there is a push button that allows the player to then raise the ball from the over flow chanel "Mystery Window" and put it threw the jackpot seesaw for payout... so its not a bonus but a way of keeping the machine from jaming up

dont think i have ever needed it on my single shot but i gues i should adjust the nails a bit... its a pretty tight paying machine
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I really want to, I can shoot 2 or 3 ball at a time in one of my single shots. That's the only way I've been able to store a ball in the holding chamber.

In one of the old video's it shows a friend feeding balls.
    So I bet a team working together could fire quite a few in a short period of time
    DON'T FEED THE

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can shoot two balls at a time but it doesn't have enough ooompf to shoot three. If I drop two balls into a pocket at a time or two balls into two different pockets at the same time, one will pay out and the other goes to the holding chamber. Now how the heck do they come out of the holding chamber?
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have a button above the ball insert hole... i can push it to move one ball at a time

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...ry-co-ltd.html
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojeff View Post
    I can shoot two balls at a time but it doesn't have enough ooompf to shoot three. If I drop two balls into a pocket at a time or two balls into two different pockets at the same time, one will pay out and the other goes to the holding chamber. Now how the heck do they come out of the holding chamber?
    is there any kind of button or lever to let the balls come back out into play, to collect your spare winner ball? or, is there any chance that when the seesaw comes back for the next time, the spare ball area can feed into it?

as mopar said, the single shot A's had a button that linked to a "ball return" function.

can you take closeups of that back area?
    Last edited by mudfud; 11-06-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: something else
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

11. The following user says "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, Now I'm seeing what you mean about it preventing a jam. It looks like the balls in the chamber are released manually by raising and lowering the door, sending the ball to the payout mechanism. My second single shot needs a metal arm either glued or soldered to the bottom of the ball tray rail. Then it should be up and running. It also has the overflow chamber but it doesn't store balls. When a ball goes into the chamber the ball bypasses the seesaw and goes to the jackpot mechanism. Thanks
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just realized that my Masamura has a similar window without a return button. I will take a look at the mechanism when I get back to salinas. I would guess that maybe it just holds them until the seesaw resets to ready?
    PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, it looks like the when the seesaw resets it would slide the door of the chamber up releasing a ball...if the seesaw had a linkage to the door of the chamber. Something must be missing... an arm...a tab??? I may have to get inventive.
    Pic 2 - seesaw is up
    Pic 3 - seesaw is down
    Yukamin Zaki

16. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a similar single shot and my understanding of the mechanics of the window is to "bank" payouts. Basically if you hit 2 or more payouts while the machine is paying out it will "bank" those winning balls until you manually advance the little lever under the shooter hole. You can try it out for your self by opening the front door glass and dropping balls in the various payout slots .

dman

18. The following user says "Thanks" to dman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No lever under the shooter hole. It has to be that it needs to be articulated to the seesaw. Just got to figure out how!
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could it be that it holds winning balls if the machine runs out of payout balls. Then the payout would release another stored winner ball into the seasaw?

I don't have a machine like this, I'm just guessing.

That way you could keep playing untill the attendant came and refilled.
    --

21. The following user says "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On my "A", when you run out of payout ie "jackpot" balls, you can no longer feed balls in to shoot them. There is a small cover that slides down, closing the hole.
    Yes, as noted, it's for balls that enter cups at the same or nearly the same time. It's not as hard as it sounds, you could have a ball going through the nails towards a bottom hole, then a second ball lands in a higher hole or a chute and they could get to the rocker at about the same time. I know I am new here but I did play with the same game that I have now quite a bit as a kid. Only now I am learning how it works!
    Now, on mine, which is also an old Nishijin, there is a sort of claw-shaped piece which flicks the ball out to the rocker. I believe it is made of brass on mine (tried cleaning it with Brasso). I will try to get some pics of this area for you, then try to compare to yours.

23. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are pics of the back of my machine, in the first pic, it's with the linkage for the extra ball in the normal position, in the second I am moving the plastic knob that pushed the extra ball out of that rail.
    You can see the brass looking rod that is bent in to an "L" shape on the right side, it is being lifted up my the mechanism, which ejects the extra ball. There is a leaf switch inside this area which will light up the lower corner light when there is an extra ball present, as a reminder to the player.
    Now if you look to the right side of that L shaped lever, you will also notice in the second picture that the brass "claw" is present, as it is being swung up and out as it ejects the ball. I will post a pic of what it looks like from the window in front as well.
    Last edited by Gilly; 11-06-2010 at 09:33 PM.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In this picture you can see almost the entire claw, it has a tab on the front and back of the ball and then flicks the ball out of the rail towards the rocker.
    OOPS second picture is the one you can see almost the whole claw. I'll leave the other one there anyways.
    Last edited by Gilly; 11-06-2010 at 09:38 PM.

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Gilly

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

They played single shots Fast back in the day..See here!!

YouTube - Old Japan: Tokyo by night in 1960

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Man, that guy can feed balls fast!!!
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I'e got it figured out. Yes, the tube acts to prevent jams in the event two winning balls hit at the same time. One goes through the seesaw, the other is diverted to the tube. The one stored in the tube will payout with the next winning ball. And yes, the action of the seesaw releases the stored ball. It also prevents jams in another way. When the payout tray is empty, you can still shoot balls. Instead of backing up at the seesaw, the balls are diverted to the tube. So if you see balls entering the tube and there isn't a payout then you know you are out of balls. And yes, it's possible to have two balls paying out at the same time. I'm getting more proficient in feeding balls fast enough to get multiple payouts and the second ball enters the tube as it should. The problem is that I'm so fixated on watching to make sure that I don't feed too may balls into the shooter, I miss seeing when and where I hit a pocket! The door that is opened by the seesaw, releasing a stored ball appears to have a tab or something broken off. It is such a clean break it's hard to see that somethings missing. I have to rig something up that isn't too heavy so the seesaw still tilts up and down. Wish me luck!
    Yukamin Zaki

32. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck!
    Dawn

34. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia