Thread: Need a Question answered. . .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Need a Question answered. . .

I know allot of Members like the AutoSlot for both the Reel Stop Functions and the Credit Add of Tokens.

But some Members do not like the Reel Stop Function and as the device sits right now you have to purchase one with the Reel Stop Functions to get the Credit Add.

While saving up the Funds to make the PC Board purchase I had an idea.

Build a "Credit Add Only" Model.

These would work on the majority of older Pachi's (not all) and also the newer ones that are out. These devices would have to be connected into the door PC Board directly.

5 wires for the 2 sensor Pachi's would have to be connected and 6 wires for the 3 sensor ones.

The best guess at cost right now wolud be between $16.00 and $18.00 dollars each.

I have already designed a PC Board for them. If there is enough positive response for them I will add this new Board to the Purchase of the Boards I already have set to be made.

I will make another Post tomorrow of the older Brand Machines this will not work in.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Need a Question answered. . .

Sounds like a great idea to me..I've always liked the idea of the credit add but not really interested in auto stops..

I bet I have one of the machines it wouldn't work on!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm interested in a credit add only model as I don't care for the autostop feature. Would it be a simple plug and play device?
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

6. The following user says "Thanks" to outdoorenth

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was thinking about that when you did the one for Baleahay. Why would you want to remove the skill stop function from a skill stop.
    Sounds like a good mod
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

10. The following user says "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Back again.

To answer your question Rita, no. They will have to be connected directly to the Token Acceptor Plug and right Stop Button Plug on the door. 5 wires for the 2 sensor Pachi's and 6 wires for the 3 sensor ones. Only one of these wires connect to the right Stop Button and the rest to the Token Acceptor.

The Main reason an AutoSlot is plugged inline into the 30 pin Stop Board plug is for the Reel Stop functions. The AutoSlots that have the Reel Stop only feature are true "Plug and Play". Credit add models, even though they are plugged into the Stop Board still have to have 2 to 3 wires connected from the device to the Token Acceptor Plug.

That is why Vince only sold Reel Stop only models on his E-Bay site just as I will when I open it back up next year. Any "Credit Add" model of an AutoSlot will only be sold through PachiTalk and PachisloDB.

Why???

Both Forum Members are more "Savvy" to the operation of their Pachislo's and I will NOT sell a Credit Add model to anyone unless I am sure that they are comfortable and able to install it. The last thing Vince and now I want is for someone to damage their Pachi due to incorrectly installing a credit add model.

Buy offering them only through the two Forums I can work with the Members to make sure that they install it correctly.

Not All Members will understand what I am about to say. Some will that have an electrical back round.

The Credit Add feature will only work in both the older and new Pachislo's if the following electrical parameters are operating their machines.

The Token Acceptor Sensors must be around a 5 volt DC (direct current) threshold. The "Logic" of the sensors must be "High to low". What does that mean?

The sensors sit happily at around 5 volts. When you drop a Token into your Pachi and the Token Passes the sensors, the sensor grounds (shorts) that 5 volts in each sensor as the Token passes by them. This is what tells the machine that a Token has been inserted.

The Reel Stop Buttons must also have this same Voltage and Logic of "high to low".

These connections can be made two ways. Either by soldering them in or using one of the two types of "Splices" shown below. If the Splices are used they are included with the Credit Add AutoSlot. If they are soldered in I will provide enough heat shrink tubing to cover each soldered connection.

Now. What Pachi's will a Credit Add Autoslot work in and will not.

This is the link to the "Credit Add" on my Web Site. :

Credit-Add Model Selection

Any Brand Pachislo listed that shows an AS-02C in the AutoSlot Model column can use this new Credit Add only device. If you notice the next two columns (Voltage and Normally) display "5 volts" and "High".

The newer Pachislo's W/O the Traditional Stop Boards are a "figure them out as I get the data for them" I have 4 New Brand Machines here (one just showed up as I was posting this ) and I am figuring these out now. I will post the results for these newer Pachi's when I have "IT".
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How would the credit-add feature be operated once installed? would it be a 'hidden' function, such as daverob's dongles that require holding a button down for several seconds? holding a combination of buttons down? or will it be a function that anyone can 'accidentally' find?

My input...
    I think a number of us derive some pleasure from actually dumping the tokens into the machine. However, it is very true that when I have several children playing in the room with all the machines, I have wished for such a feature that I could activate. The same applies to those machines that have full hoppers. What would be very cool is if that function of credit add could be turned on-and-off at will by the pachi owner.

And at the price you are estimating, I would not hesitate to get the device for all of my machines.
    A Hardy har har...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Credit Add feature is wired to the right Stop button just as in the original AutoSlot which has Reel Stop and Credit Add.

The Credit Add feature would not activate unless you held the right Stop Button for 3 - 4 seconds.

It has no "Disabling" feature as it is hard wired into the Pachi. A switch could be added by the owner put say on the back of the machine which is connected inline from the Credit Add Autoslot wire, to that switch and then to the right Stop Button Plug wire. Flip that switch, you could hold down the right Stop Button all day and the Credit Add feature would not come into play.

UPDATE ! ! !

The Following newer Pachislo's W/O the traditional Stop Boards WILL work with this device I want to produce. :

Indiana Jones - Sankyo
    Shake II - Daito
    Playboy - Yamasa
    Jackpot - Yama
    Spiderman 2 - Yamasa
    Star Wars - Sankyo
    Tomb Raider - Daido/Bitsy
    Mu Mu World - Sankyo

How can you tell if you have the older or newer Pachi's?

If you have a Board in your machine like in Pic 1 or 2 you have an older machine. Pic 3 or 4 you have a newer machine.

In the newer Pachislo's they are called "Parlor interface Boards". And these WILL work with Chris V's PachiSTAT also.

PachiSTAT

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the Cedit Add stand alone feature would be great. I have a few newer machines I would definately purchase the enhancement for.

I currently have 3 of the auto slot / with credit add, and it is great to use the credit add when the younger children come to visit.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would it work on a Net machine, since thats all I've got??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You must have the same LUCK as I do with the Lotto.

No, this will not work on Net Machines. On these the Credit Add wires must be Broken, not grounded out so normally closed relays are used on the AutoSlot board to do this function. Also, even though an "Older Pachi", NET machines do not use the 30 pin Stop Board. Here is the NET Web Page. :

NET Model Wiring

And a Pic below how the AS-NET wires into the door PC Board.

I do have three AS-NET AutoSlots built, tested and on hand.

Another benefit I forgot to post previously about this new Credit Add device in work and the regular AutoSlot with Credit Add.

With one of these devices installed it will cut down the number of Tokens needed for the Pachi. If the Maximum payout of the machine is 1000 Tokens, as long as you managed adding credits using the Credit Add Feature you would only need 1100 Tokens in the machine.

Just won a BIG BONUS ROUND. Skip using Credit Add and manually insert the Tokens back in you just won. Once your out of Tokens then start using the Credit Add again. If you play your machine this way youd should never have to open the door again to put Tokens back or get some out of the Hopper for Play.

Also, one thing I changed and one I added as far as purchasing AutoSlots.

1. Shipping is Via a USPS small flat rate box with Tracking only. Cost? Around $6.00. Up to 5 AutoSLots can be shipped this way, same cost. The Box is better protection over a padded envelope and the tracking number is used for another purpose.

2. All AutoSlots purchased now come with a 1 year warranty. The date tracking shows the device arrived to you starts the warranty. Should one fail within a year it is replaced Free of cost including shipping. The new one at you door will also come with a 1 year warranty.

All I ask is that you send me back the defective AutoSlot. (your cost about $2.25 for the price of the padded envelope and 1st class mail) Why send it back?

So I can figure out what went wrong to ensure that is does not happen again.

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Need a Question answered. . .

Quote Originally Posted by new in town View Post

It has no "Disabling" feature as it is hard wired into the Pachi. A switch could be added by the owner put say on the back of the machine which is connected inline from the Credit Add Autoslot wire, to that switch and then to the right Stop Button Plug wire. Flip that switch, you could hold down the right Stop Button all day and the Credit Add feature would not come into play.
    The installation of the credit add with an additional switch (my idea is a momentary switch hidden at the back of the machine near the top) would not disable the coin mech altogether when it is not in a 'closed' position?

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure how the wiring goes, but it's generally an easy procedure to throw in a switch.

I like the idea of covertly placing my hand on the top of the machine and depressing the momentary switch in conjunction with the right stop button. Otherwise, I can see kids adding credits only to dump the tokens repeatedly. (The slots are sometimes our babysitters when we play poker )
    A Hardy har har...

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would work also. The switch on top or back could be a normally open push button. Hold it down, press the right Stop Button, Credit Add.

These 2 look long enough to put through the wall of a Pachi.

Momentary Switch - RadioShack.com

Momentary Switch - RadioShack.com

25. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm interested in 2, if you can make them for IGT machines
    My favorite color is Ham

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Need a Question answered. . .

Unfortunately IGT machine Token Acceptor sensors run on 24 volts and are a low to high state. The Maximum the microchip in the new design can handle is 5.5 volts and the operating state has to be high to low.

IGT's need the AS-03 AutoSlot.