Thread: E4 error

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default E4 error

Hi, I have read other threads on this error and tried the suggestions. I have removed and cleaned hopper, checked connections and re-set (skill level reset). But can not clear the error message. Any suggestions?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E4 error

The E4 error code usually involves the hopper. Either a jam or it is not seated properly so that the electrical contacts are not properly touching. Also do you have sufficient tokens in it? Are they being ejected properly? Any of your tokens bent? Is the hopper properly aligned so the tokens spit out freely?
    Last, Are you definitely doing the full reset procedure correctly? It has been posted here many times but it can easily be done incorrectly. Recheck your procedure!
    Last edited by SlotsRfun; 10-24-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi thanks for responding.

I have completely removed the hopper (disconecting and reconnecting wires), rotated and checked coins are being ejected correctly. Also cleaned hopper - so now dust free and no Jams.

The E4 error comes up again as soon as i reset and switch the machine back the machine, coins are good none damaged.

I have checked procedure for re-set but still have the error message both on screen and on the led.

I have had the unit a couple of years, no problems and has been re-set many times following bonus payout.

Not sure what to try next, unfortunately i dont have another machine so cant try swapping hoppers/

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I really am giving a lot of thought to your trouble but for now I would like to ask you to re-examine your hopper and see if there is a switch of some sort on it. If so then try switching it to the opposite position! That can also produce an E4 error!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Thanks very much for the suggestions, i have checked and there does not appear to be a switch on the hopper. Very frustrating!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To the right of the Hopper there should be a cavity that would hold an overflow tray. On the back wall where that tray would slide into are there 2 metal spikes that stick out off of the back wall.

If so, these are sensor contacts that tell the Pachi that the overflow tray is full. (the Tokens fill up the tray and when the tray is full of Tokens, the Tokens touch the two spikes and complete the circuit) Follow the wiring from these two spikes back to the power supply and make sure they are not damaged. (shorted together, nicked and contacting any metal within the machine.

If there is a separate plug for these wires from the spikes connected to the power supply, disconnect it and try another reset.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hi thanks, tried un plugging and resetting and then reconnected and re-set; still doesnt work...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi!
    I was playing one of my Pachis and the E4 error popped up. In clearing it I realized that I forgot to tell you to clear the error message!!
    Look inside your machine to see if there is a button on the back of the door or perhaps on your power supply.. (It is the same button that you use to change the odds!!) Give it a push to clear the error after you do a reset!! Probably only have to push it since you have already reset it a few times!
    Hope this works for you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi, thanks - yes i have also pushed this button. The full re-set works; odds change correctly. When I press the button the error momentarily clears then returns straight away. Really have no idea what to try next?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In addition to what NewInTown wrote: On my Dance Night the sensors in the overflow were infra red... Make sure they have a clear 'line of sight' to the front of the cabinet or it'll throw an error. I put a manual in there when I first got it and it took ages to figure it out.

Also, double check the coin mechanism. It might be a jam somewhere along the line. Open the door and drop a coin through the slot. Make sure it travels through un-hindered and look to find if the actuator switch along that path hasn't got stuck in a closed position.

Finally, make sure the hopper is firmly plugged in and that the mech rotates and spits out coins. I've had a few frustrating moments before where I removed the hopper and hadn't plugged it back in properly. It also doesn't hurt to check the connections on the hopper to make sure they're all okay.

Hope something there helps. Once you checked all of those things and they're good, give it an odds change and that'll fully reset the machine. Hopefully this might clear it up. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Random_Hajile; 11-01-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling... Keyboard is dying out...
    May the 4th be with you!
    Pachi Systems Inc. - Why not?
    Pachi Battle System - Hardware complete!

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm still pretty new to the pachi scene, but I will throw something out there.

The key that you use to open the front door, turn it to the left after you start the game and close the door. When I got my Looney Tunes Pachi, I turned it on and some Japanese woman was yelling at me. I closed the door, and after a few minutes, I turned the key to the left and the machine reset. Worked like a charm!

Bill

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Ripweade