Thread: No lights on reels, or florescents on door

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question No lights on reels, or florescents on door

Bear with me - I'm new. I picked up a Yamasa Super Reno Paschislo. I noticed that some lights didn't come on. Specifically, the 2 florescent lights on the door, any lights on the 4 reels, there are some leds across the top of the belly glass that don't seem to light up either. The coin mech led flashes OK, and the lights that come on as you put 3 coins in light up. The lights across the top and top side come on with a winning combo.
    I noticed on the motherboard there is a red LED lit - its identified as 'LED8", which I assume means something related to LED #8 that is behind the belly glass - looks like theres about 10 in a row on the door.
    I also noticed what I think is a light power circuit board attached to the door - upon further inspection, there are two grey rectangular pieces that have 3 prongs each soldered into the circuit board - the area around their solder joints is a dark brown - as if from heat. In addition, I noticed that they are tied thru the circuitry to what looks like a small transformer - it felt cold even though there is another smaller transformer on the same board that was warm during operation.
    I don't know much about circuitry, but if I used my multimeter correctly, it doesn't seem as if theres much power coming out of the board. I assume the power in side (3 green wires plugged in thru the side of the circuit box) had power - got a reading of 90 and 90 across the leads coming in.
    Anyway - just trying to figure why the reels and florescents don't light up. Any help appreciated. And Thanks,

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Patriot101