Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 7-Mile Slots -- Machine quality??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 7-Mile Slots -- Machine quality??

Hi. I live in wisconsin and a couple months ago (before joining this forum) I purchased a machine (Sakura Fubuki) from 7 mile slots and received it in horrible condition. At that time I had already bought a Babel from ebay and it was in *pristine* condition, professionally cleaned and bulbs replaced. When i picked up my machine from 7 mile slots everything looked all right from the outside but when i got home and opened it up and had a look at it I realized how poorly it had been refurbed (if at all). I opened it to find a black sticky residue on all the edges of the outside of the machine as well as under the belly glass, front reel stop buttons, start handle andcoin acceptor. I also found a non operational coin eject button (the one you press down when a coin gets jammed). I also found screws missing for the front reel stop button panel as well as the inside circuit boards loose(missing a plastic clip). I continued to find that I did not receive an odds key as well as multiple(more than 8) light bulbs burnt out. I did not receive any replacement bulbs. I had one last issue with overheating inside the machine(which was fixed by installing a pc case fan in the coin refill hole in the back of the machine and a 12 volt transformer.) When I contacted Dave from 7 mile slots about the odds key and he told me "this machine's odds cannot be changed" even though there clearly was a key slot for the odds on the power supply. I let all these problems go because I assumed he was a small company. Who could pass up a Sakura Fubuki for $100 on ebay and pick it up 2 days later? Anyway my main question is... has anyone else had problems with machine quality from 7-mile slots or is it just me.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No one else has seem to have an issue with them. We have a user Tattoolady who seems to like them quite a bit.

With that said, any machine can have it's odds adjusted. To say anything else is a load of BS. Dave is a member here so he will see this I'm sure.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try Milt for a key, it will work, he has bulbs also.

Stealth Home Amusement (Pachinko/Pashislo)
    Milt Cohen
    1150 University Ave
    Building #5
    Rochester, NY 14607
    888-798-1761 (Toll-Free), 585-271-3844 (Office), (demos@rochester.rr.com) E-mail
    www.stealthhomeamusement.com, www.planethollyweb.com

you might try ask 7 mile here, he is on this board, hope he would want to help you out.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi. Ive solved all my problems allready. It was fairly simple to convert the odds key to a toggle switch, just take apart the powersupply and unplug it and screw in the toggle switch. And I used bulbs from the extras that came with my babel. I also spent a couple hours cleaning and repairing the machine, which i enjoy doing, but when someone advertises a machine as refurbed and then doesnt deliver it just ticks me off.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more thing... to tell you the truth i could use some bulbs tho, if anyone can get me a good deal, maybe from milt?
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, maybe after Dave reads this he might want to just send you some bulbs for the nassle you went thru.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that i think about it that was in late july that i bought it, I didnt think it was such a long time ago... The only reason i would like some bulbs is because i hate ordering things off the internet and 24v bulbs are so hard to come by around here. It really was no trouble cleaning the machine because i really like doing it. But some bulbs might be nice since as you probably can notice in my picture under my name, there are 3 bulbs missing at the top of the machine on the 777 big bonus area. But its not a complete neccesity.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh and one more question, did you(arbycoffee) used to be at pachislocity? I think i remember seeing you as a moderator or something there?
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can send you 10 bulbs for $2.00 plus postage. Postage should be $1.00. The bulbs are 400 type. When I bought my super auto stop from Pachislo USA I also ordered bulbs and sockets. Then when I won an Azteca from Milt I got 10 more bulbs. So I have more then enough. PM me if you need them.

AL
    *Babel*Azteca Legend*

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes, I was there but left there for here, a much better place to enjoy the people.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For anyone whos interested in the subject matter of this article here are some pics of my mods....
    Heres my modded odds key slot thing...
    http://www.gamershive.com/images/odds.jpg

http://www.gamershive.com/images/fan.jpg

http://www.gamershive.com/images/clip.jpg

http://www.gamershive.com/images/bulbs.jpg

I am especially proud of my odds switch though.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never received a call regarding this machines condition. If you were unhappy with it I would have gladly given you another model. Obviously your machine wasn't reconditioned and mistakes happen quite often when we deal with so many machines. I do recall having a few sakura machines at 7 Mile Fair and gave you the wrong one. Sorry. The hot glue on the board inside is from the original manufacturer. They glued all Heiwa models I received from Japan, as most clips were missing when we received them.
    Regarding light bulbs, if you would have contacted us sooner we would have been able to replace the missing bulbs. I was never given a fair chance to resolve this problem. Also, if the machine was overheating you should have called me on that. I simply could have swapped power supply's with you. Also, we ad reset switches to the inside of all machines that don't have the reset key. The mistake you made was adding that fan and toggle switch, as it voids the warranty. I am sorry you were not happy with the purchase and really wish you would have given us a chance to fix your issues with this game. David

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was no problem, and if it seems like im complaining im not. But i do recall giving you a call and i think you said something about sending bulbs but i never recieved them. I guess I wasnt aware at the time of purchase you included a warranty, to the best of my knowledge i thought it was as-is. I also remember when I came to pick it up you said its odds could not be changed. I got such a great deal though there really is no way I can complain. One question, since I bought it off ebay, at the time would you still have exchanged it for a different model? Just curious. But at the awesome deal i got this model for I would be happy to buy from you again even it wasnt refurbed.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just to clear up the hot glue... i had to put in the hot glue cuz the board was falling off the door.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I could have swapped it with another Sakura Fabuki or something of equal value. All my machines also include a 1 YEAR WARRANTY FREE & FREE LIFETIME LABOR! Also, all parts after the warranty are $40 or less GUARANTEED. Thats interesting you added glue as many machines have glue in that same area so I assumed that was there like the other machines. Email me at sales@7mileslots.com with your address so I can send some bulbs to you. Please note in the email how many you are in need of. Have a good night, David

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I haven't been keeping up with the board, mail, etc the last few days, I think I'm re-catching the flu (oh, this SUCKS), promised the b/f that I'd sell at least 2 of my machines, etc...anyhow, this is how I see it- Dave is a fair guy, that sells a good product at a good price. I've dealt with him on purchases of 2 machines and several thousand tokens. I've even referred friends of mine to at least check out his stock, and they're looking at purchasing machines from him, or already have.
    One thing we all understand (on this forum, anyhow) and proclaim LOUDLY is that these are NOT new machines. Some have more wear than others, some are almost as pretty as new. Some vendors get a better lot, or whatever...It's a crap shoot sometimes. However, I can't say that I've been "taken" by Dave, or got an inferior product. The mechanical workings of the pachis I bought from him have never been issue, but if they WERE, he'd get an e-mail or phone call from me IMMEDIATELY. Not to complain that his product isn't perfect, but to give him the opportunity to fix what's wrong.
    I still give Dave and his company a :smt023 rating, even if I have to wipe down a machine, or clear a little missed dirt off a machine. The price for the service and products I've received is just too good to do otherwise.
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think there was a miss-commununacation ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ARBY - Dont use them big 39 cent words this early in the morn , Brain wont take it :grin:
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is 7mileslots ebay name?
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What I say ? I can't even read it ?

Remember, Dummies are durable, Who said that ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast