Thread: Infomercial

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Infomercial

I saw an infomercial today selling pashislo's. They were selling them for 299.97 =S/H or 3 easy payments of 99.99. Only comes with 200 tokens and you have no idea of what machine you are getting?!?! Are people really crazy enough to buy at that price with no idea of what you are getting? :smt120
    www.rockbottomslots.com Both my wife and myself found the infomercial quite amusing.
    and a few others.

Utopia1dc

If you dodn't know any better....$300 isn't a lot of money for a slot machine? That's what makes PachiTalk so great...we know what a fair price is for these machines. Unfortunetly, people are buying them from these jokers. :-(

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, and add $99.99 shipping and handling. But wait! Also add $32.99 for tax for a grand total of $432.83. But hurry, these won't last long at this price.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow! That is hilarious. But you know what? A huge percentage of the people that see that commercial have no clue what a pachi slot is and wouldnt even have the knowledge to go look on the internet. They would probably just buy it without thinking first, assuming you can only get them from the people on the infomercial.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's what happens at first, then they go looking for information on it and find their way here. Then they learned how screwed they really got. It's such a shame.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, what the heck are you gonna do with 200 tokens? They dont even offer additional tokens! You'd be reloading the thing 2 or more times a jackpot! Great price huh? 450 bucks and they send you whatever they want.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you listen closely youll notice they say wholesale prices of $1500 each. Yeah right maybe $1500 for 15 or 20 machines.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LOL...my wife says to me last night..."You know what? I saw an ad (infomercial) on TV today for what looked alot like those slot machines you have."

I was rather surprised to hear that and then she told me it was an ad paid for by "RockBottomSlots". I kind of remembered this thread from awhile ago.

All I can say is that it was pretty amusing (to say the least). I've been shooting some video of my slots in action and sharing with family & friends and I can honestly say that they think its pretty cool. I can just imagine the look on some un-pachi-educated person's face after they end up on this site looking for help though. Ugh...$300 for just any-run-of-the-mill machine and only 200 tokens is highway robbery if you ask me.

Owning a Pachilso machine is pretty cool...owning a few of them is cooler...but, knowing exactly what it is that you're getting is even better. I love the fact that I know I own atleast one of the three 'premiere' machines (Dragon Dice). As much as I enjoy playing them, I enjoy telling people about them as they are completely mesmorized by the flashing lights.

Once you live in 'Reel World'...it's hard to go back to work in the "Real World."

:-)