Thread: Adhesive foam for lining areas of your ball tray

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Adhesive foam for lining areas of your ball tray

wolfsblood came up with using this product on his Pachislo tray.
    It will work also in your ball out trays on your pachinkos.

"Just got some peel and stick foam from Wal-Mart craft section, and it works very well for lining the payout tray to reduce noise or scratches, or in the case of one machine erosion of the metal from the coins dropping at a sharp angle. The name of this product is Darice Foamies and it is 2mm thick in sheets of various colors in 9x12 inch sheets for .50 cents each."

That stuff would be good in your ball tray on Pachinkos, soft ball landing, and you all know we want our balls to land softly. :wink:
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds interesting!

I shall check it out.

My only concern would be whether the foam would begin to deteriorate from ball hits and weight compression and then leave powdery residue on the balls that would transfer to the ball tracks and possibly lead to clogging over time.

Remember how hard it was to get all the dust from the foam packing material out of your game when you took it out of the shipping box?

That could explain why some of the ball trays from Japan have cushion inserts that have smooth surfaces with the padding layered inside.
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotter had a great idea about cutting an old mouse pad to fit. I think it's an even better solution. Everyone's got a few old mouse pads sitting around. Thick, absorbs sound and you don't have to stick it into position.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wife brought home some Easy Liner shelf liner from Walmart yesterday. It's a rubbery padded meshlike stuff and it's nice and thin. It's inexpensive, too!

I'm going to line the ball retrieval area of the wooden stands from GameRoom Cabinets with this stuff and see if it quiets things down a bit. Can't use anything too thick in there or the balls won't flow out the bottom door. :smt023

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Man, this was a quick and simple mod that made a very noticeable difference in sound! 8-)

I used that fine rubber mesh Easy Liner product and just cut two rectangles for the bottom of the stands. The stuff is very clingy and it formed itself right to the wood. (Guess that's why it doesn't need adhesive like other shelf liners.)

The balls make MUCH less noise now when they bounce of this rubbery stuff. :smt023

Thanks
    Thanks Received

but I like the noise
    Last edited by Bilko44; 08-20-2005 at 11:31 PM.
    Pachislo: Bounty Killer, Shadow Hearts 2 Biohazard reserved
    Wishlist: Battle Caesar, Crazy Sword, Dawn of Dreams, Basara 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I used that fine rubber mesh Easy Liner product and just cut two rectangles for the bottom of the stands. The stuff is very clingy and it formed itself right to the wood. (Guess that's why it doesn't need adhesive like other shelf liners

Keep a close eye on this product because it will also cling to the pachinko balls. I used it to line boxes that contained marbles and they stuck to the liner. The chemicals in the liner also reacted with polystyrene plastic drawers and literally etched the plastic. It was a disaster!
    Dennis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Darice Foamies come either with adhesive or plain surface. Only red, black and bright green were available with the adhesive backing at my local store. However, there were about 12 colors carried in the plain and they were 33 cents apiece. The plain also comes in a 12 sheet 12 by 24 inch variety pack for $5.96.

Tip:
    If you pick up a can of 3M spray adhesive to attach the material, then you could more easily customize the sheets to your project. You would have all the colors available and could then have large enough sheets to go up the side of the ball collection tray.

This looks like great stuff and hopefully will not flake or powder with use.
    Last edited by Bilko44; 08-20-2005 at 11:30 PM.
    Dennis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Bilko44
    I used that fine rubber mesh Easy Liner product and just cut two rectangles for the bottom of the stands. The stuff is very clingy and it formed itself right to the wood. (Guess that's why it doesn't need adhesive like other shelf liners

Keep a close eye on this product because it will also cling to the pachinko balls. I used it to line boxes that contained marbles and they stuck to the liner. The chemicals in the liner also reacted with polystyrene plastic drawers and literally etched the plastic. It was a disaster!
    I shall watch! My wife has used this stuff in our cupboards for years, though, and never had any problems with it sticking to glasses, plates, plastic stuff, etc. All our cupboards in the kitchen are lined with it.
    Last edited by Bilko44; 08-20-2005 at 11:29 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've been working on building a poker table and had some extra closed cell foam, I used it and it is a major improvment. I don't think it will leave any residue on the balls.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I really thought about this. I like the sound they make. Besides, your back to square one when it is covered by balls or coins.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Adhesive foam for lining areas of your ball tray

I am doing a follow up on this thread to see if anyone has had any problems with their pachinko balls sticking to the mesh foam shelf liner.

Slotter, how is it holding up in your trays?
    Dennis