Thread: Jurassic Park Pinball

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Jurassic Park Pinball

Last year, I swore the Star Wars pinball would be my last...after all, I didn't have enough space for another along that wall. Ahh...but a former co-worker of mine was looking to sell his Jurassic Park a few days ago. Its amazing how much additional room you can create if you place the machines a half inch apart.

Of course, my bad luck with pinball buys continues. When I checked out the machine, all the flippers seemed to be working properly, but now that I have it home, the left flipper is all messed up. When I press the left flipper button, the flipper is completely unresponsive...but if I hit both flipper buttons simultaneously, then the left flipper will move (as will the right flipper)...but if my timing is off and the buttons are not pushed simultaneously, the left flipper will not move. I've replaced a bunch of fuses in case that was the problem, but no dice. Has anyone ever experienced something like this on their pinball machine? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mark1120

Sandwich Shooter ironworkerdalton's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Jurassic Park Pinball

If you own a pinball game, you have to get this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Machin...6336839&sr=1-1

I own a Williams Funhouse, made in 1990. This book has helped me in lots of ways.
    For your problem, it could be a lose wire, or stuck or bad part. If you dont have extra parts laying around, you do have other pinball games, try switching out parts with them until you find out if you have a part that is not working like it should. It could be dirty, part. Blow out the part with air. Dont start spaying every thing with wd40, becouse dirt loves to stick to oil, also electric current can travel through oil. This book should answer all of your questions, it is that good.

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to ironworkerdalton

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i own this JP Pinball machine as well. only 7000 made and I'm sure half have bit the dust. great game.
    Pachislo: Fire Drift , NEO Pharaoh Zetz
    Pachinko: New Art Masterpiece , Julie The Pinball, Top Gun, Indiana Jones, Lassen, STAR WARS, na na na na na na na BATMAAAN

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ironworkerdalton View Post
    If you own a pinball game, you have to get this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Machin...6336839&sr=1-1

I own a Williams Funhouse, made in 1990. This book has helped me in lots of ways.
    For your problem, it could be a lose wire, or stuck or bad part. If you dont have extra parts laying around, you do have other pinball games, try switching out parts with them until you find out if you have a part that is not working like it should. It could be dirty, part. Blow out the part with air. Dont start spaying every thing with wd40, becouse dirt loves to stick to oil, also electric current can travel through oil. This book should answer all of your questions, it is that good.
    Last year I got to meet the author of tat book "Bear " at the Pacific Pinball Expo in San Rafael , Ca and he had a 2 hour seminar during the three day weekend and I got an Autographed copy
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know what you mean about finding room. My storage unit is packed with pins but I finally sold one and it shipped out today. Of course that just means room for another pin and it's on it's way to me. It's one of my holy grail pins- a '71 Gottlieb Dimension. Tons of drop targets, great colors and a great 70's-era motif plus add a ball goodness.
    Back to your situation. I don't know much if anything about SS games and why I stick to EM's. Almost impossible to break an EM but the book Dalton suggested is very informative and a good resource to have on hand. The best place for pinball help though is RGP (rec.groups.pinball) forums on google. Post your query there and you'll get an answer.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

10. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice little collection you have there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was curious how often people changed the batteries on their pinball machines. I've had some of mine for 4 years now and have never changed the batteries. Does anything need to be reset, etc. afterwards?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you don't change the batteries regularly (yearly is good) you risk having them leak and destroy the board they are installed on.

you may think that this won't happen, but take my work for it, IT DOES

Change them NOW if you can IMPORTANT - if you take the batteries out with the power off... ALL settings and scores will be reset.

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to rubberratt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Installing remote battery holders are a must upgrade. This way it keeps the batteries away from the board just in case they do leak.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to monkeyboy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All the retailers seem to do good offers around Christmas time on batteries, so I always change mine every Christmas (easy to remember then) and I then still use the batteries that I have taken out for TV remotes etc as they still have juice left in them. And I am less bothered if they leaked in them
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris