Thread: Nishijin Power Roulette restore

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Power Roulette restore

Hi all,,after a severe illness ,,I return to show my Nishi,,I had made an inquiry about a looooong time ago.
    I see that I missed out on the fun of the raffle,,for the other P-R,,that was won by Mr Gneiss.
    I painstakenly took this machine totally apart and rubbed on the parts with mothers mag and aluminum polish(metal and plastic),blue magic headlight lens restorer(plastic),chrome cleaner,comet cleanser,,and everything else under the sun to get the results I wanted,,which took a long time too.
    I got this machine with the light assembly(and wire harness) missing from under the roulette part in the middle,,,and knew that the odds of finding that part would be impossible,,so I had to fabricate one from scratch.
    Not knowing what it even looks like,,and how it all worked,,was the real challenge.
    At first I thought the actual roulette DID spin around or something,,then realized it was a light flash sequensor,,like carnival lights,,all bulbs having one common ground,,and the hot wires for each bulb running from the sequensor.
    When you make a jackpot,,the lights flash around in a circle,thus making it look like its spinning,,,kinda..
    The light "spins around" until you push the red button on the left side,,which stops the light on a number,,being 1 , 3, ,or 5. A 1 opens one tulip,(with electric servos),,3 opens 3 tulips,,,and 5 opens all tulips...

It has no ball stop at the top,but rather a "foul" ball,,which returns the ball to shoot position,,much like a ball not making the shoot ramp all the way..

I started with a piece of clear plastic,,cut to fit the underside,,drilled holes,,wrapped a common wire around the circle for each bulb(common),,and a separate hole/screw for the hots.(see pic)

Now that I know how it works and all ,,I will improve on this piece,,but it DOES work very well now..,,so I can play the thing..

If MrGneiss still has his,,or anyone else who has one of these machines,, I sure would like a picture of that missing piece before I proceed,,if at all possible..

I moved it and the stand that I restored for which I have it on,,out to clean,,and take pictures of,,,,so here are a few relevant pics,,as we all like lots of pics...,,,and all pics will be in my album,,for a looky-look.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to rdmkr1