Thread: Haven is new! Trish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Haven is new! (Trish)

Hi!
    My name is Trish. (although I love the name Haven) I live in Jonesboro Ga, I am married, I have a daughter 25, another daughter 21, and a son who is 16. (My son has Down's Syndrome and is awesome!!)

I am attempting to start "crafting" some things for profit,hope fully, and that is part of what led me here. I need space in my garage and because I have 28 Pachinko/arrangeball machines taking up space and I decided to sell them on eBay. After listing them (which was kinda backwards on my part) I started trying to research my machines and found this sight. So, having said that, I will paste my post from the thread about the 28 machines.

Hi everyone, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Trish and I am the person selling the 28 Machines in GA :-) (sunshine-trish on eBay)

In trying to find out more about the machines I came across this site, and after reading the discussion last night I thought I would tell you all what I know about them.

So… there was a man who was retired and collected/refurbished these machines. After he (himself) repaired them he would take small trailers and build it out in such a way that the game fronts could be accessed from three sides. After that he would take the "game trailers" to local carnivals, fairs, school functions and the like and allow the children to play them for free. (He also built a few to sell to others and they did the same). When the man passed away his wife had all these in her garage and because my Husband is an electronics instructor at a Technical Collage near where she lived she called to see if she could donate them to the electronics department at the school. There was no place to put them at the school nor any curriculum/etc to go with them, so she told him if he would come and take them out of her garage he could have them. This was about 5 or 6 years ago. I have been a seller on eBay for many years and we thought at some point he would fix them to sell but we never got around to it. We recently started clearing things out of the garage and such to make room for other projects and we both decided that we really don’t have the time that it would take to do fix them and that’s when, this past week, we decided to list them. I snapped a few pictures while they were in the driveway and listed them the same day.

As for how they all ended up in GA I have no idea, (and that post made me laugh, lol) and looking around the web I can’t see any that resemble them at all. I had no idea they were “arrangeballs” until I stumbled on this site. It’s kind of exciting to know that there is a bit of mystery as to how they ended up in GA, and I have enjoyed reading not just this thread, but others and seeing the enthusiasm y’all have for these vintage games. I would love it if someone from this group ends up with them because it would be nice to know how they turn out :-)

Somewhere around here I have a picture or 2 that she gave us with the games that showed a completed “game trailer” and if I can find it I would love to post it for you all to see.

I really wish I knew more about them, I was told that it was odd that mine have colors instead of numbers, (I would have never known that if I had not spoken to a member of this forum :-) so thank you) and I looked all over for others like that as well and I have yet to find any that are like these. I am going to also try to convince my husband to pull them out again tomorrow afternoon so that I can get more pictures of the insides, etc, and if he does I will post again so that if anyone wants to see them I can email the photos.

I do know that there are several machines with an “R” written on the top with a marker and the wife believed that meant that those were ones he had repaired and were functioning. But of course after the time it was in her garage and then ours I have no idea if they would still be functioning. I also learned last night from a youtube video that the balls are self-contained in the machine, and that they use 16 balls (I think), and they payout in tokens only, but I’m sure y’all knew that before I did :-)

YouTube - Arepachi (Arrange Ball) Pachinko Pt. 1

Anyway, I hope y’all enjoyed hearing more about them as I have enjoyed sharing the story with you :-)

Thanks!

(P.S. excuse any typos and errors, its late here)

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Haven

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Haven is new! (Trish)

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk Trish!!

Thank you for introducing yourself, and for sharing the story behind the 28 pachinkos!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Trish!

We have seen your ebay auction and many of us have been drooling over your machines!! Is there any way you would consider selling them in smaller numbers so that our members who are interested could buy some? Twenty-eight machines is a lot for one person to afford/ship/store.

If you made accomodations for the members on this site, I have no doubt we would buy all of your machines.

Again, Welcome to our community.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

8. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep your ebay auction attracted quite a lot of attention here! I am happy to know, along with everybody else here the story behind them! Thanks for sharing!!

Oh! One last thing!

Welcome!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

10. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

12. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This really seems like such a good group of people! And the more I have learned I'm wishing I would have held one game back for myself :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IF you want to hold one JUST old it or make a change to the ebay bid I am sure there is SOME sort of mechanism to do that!
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, So I had to wait for my husband to get home to help me drag them all out to take the new pictures, but boy was it worth it! I found a couple things that I didn’t realize were in there!

I will say that they are dirty, but they were dirty when we got them, but I am sure that they will clean up nicely :-)

I was very surprised with each one we opened how intact most of them appeared to be, of course I don’t really know what should be in there, but they had circuit boards and other things that I have seen in others people’s pictures.

I am adding a link to my Flikr photo page because I thought that would make it easiest.

So first the written list:

(20) Balloon motif ArrangeBall machines, with names on them including Satomi, Three Star, Miricle, Buffalo & ArrangeBall. These, by far, were the best ones, they were the cleanest and looked as those these were ones he had begun repairing, and all 20 have Plexi. A lot of them have the token slots and stuff, and some still had locks, but you can view the details on the photos. For every one of them I took a closed shot and an inside shot, but I guess you will have to figure out which goes with which but at least now you can see more details.

(1) Jumbo Baseball! I didn’t even know I had it! It has plexi & an inside view.

(1) Nishin Super Deluxe Pachinko, this one is the door only with the workings attached to t he back, but no case.

(3) Diamond Ball – Tsuzu – all three with no plexi, flower motif? They also have locked cabinets and I have no key, so no inside pictures.

(2) Challengeball with what looks like a Dragon Motif? no plexi, they also have locked cabinets and I have no key, so no inside pictures.

(2) Arrangeball – Three Star - no plexi, they also have locked cabinets and I have no key, so no inside pictures.

On the photo page I tried to number them as best I could but if I got the wrong in my haste please forgive me in advance :-)

All of them! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thank you!!!

16. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Haven