Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My Bingo slot quit working

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My Bingo slot quit working

Again, I have to say that you need to examine the wire connections. I have checked a couple of my machines that are similar to yours and all of the lights and spin knob connect through the large connection cable that runs from the back (hinge side) of your door to the mainboard!!
    Simply removing and re-inserting the coin mech will not knock out all those lights!
    It might be good to unplug the cable and spray the ends with WD-40 to clean the contacts. clean both ends!
    The only other thing I can think of as a possibility is that either all of the bulbs you mentioned shorted from something you did or blew due to old age - the filaments weaken considerably with use and age and shaking them can break them. I have bought machines and have seen more than a dozen go out at the same time just setting a machine down when I bring it home.
    Try switching a bulb you know is working to one of the non working ones to see what happens.
    As for the spin knob not working it may be that you do have an error and not know it. The error code may not show if the cable is not seated properly! The spin knob will not function if there is an error!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The power was on in all 3 pics...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the pics are bleached out probably from the flash . you might want to turn the flash off and try again so i can see the lights . cant see any lighting even the belly glass . suggest you check all fuses on the power supply as well as the one on the reel stop board (small 3x5 printed circuit board usually mounted on the side of the cabinet inside the machine.) also you might want to do as the previous post suggests use a known good bulb and test the suspect sockets to see if a voltage is present or use a meter if you have one available .
    Jeff

5. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you all know where I'm going with this. :

Quote : Post 1

I removed the coin mechanism on my slot..After I put it back in,the joystick doesn't work and the 3 lites that tell you how many coins you put in won't light up,and the the digital lights on the left side quit working also..I put the coin mechanism back in the way it came out..I can't understand what happened...can anyone tell me?

Quote : Post 5

I tried to reset..but by going into changing the odds like it told me to... but it doesn't reset or even change the odds...I'm sorry to be so ignorant about my machine...but I inherited from a friend who passed away,and it came with no instructions...I really enjoyed playing it until I did something to make it stop working

Quote : Post 8

I followed New in Towns directions,and downloaded a manual for my particular machine...I followed the directions for resetting...and very carefully attempted to reset ...Everything went well as far of resetting the odds,but the reel knob still doesn't work,and no lights when I insert coins.Its like the coin mechanism doesn't read the coins as they slide thru,telling the knob to work,and the lights to light up after coins are put in...This machine holds 3 coins...1st one for 1 row,2nd coin for 2nd row and 3rd for all rows +diagonal..On the left is small windows for Bonus readout and the other for digital spin...

Quote : Post 9

You stated "Coins". Are you using Quarters or Tokens?

Take a look at the Main Printed Circuit Board inside the Pachi with it powered up. While looking at it press the stop buttons and spin knob. Do any LED lights on that Board light up when you do this?

If so, watch it as you insert "TOKENS". Your machine should have a two sensor Token acceptor and if there "are" LED's on that Board they would flash as the tokens are inserted.

Quote : post 10

I say coins,but what they are,are slugs.. I will try your advise and get back to you..

Are they Slugs or Japan made .984 diameter Tokens made for the Machine? Either way what ever they are they were working before you took the Token Acceptor out.

Quote : Post 13

I checked all wires and plug-ins and could'nt find wires loose or unplugged..i'm at wits end...I think it might be the token acceptor..because the machine worked well before I removed the acceptor...I can't see where I put it back in that anything was changed..My screw driver was not magnetised and didn't do anything to alter the acceptor at all...there was a few styroform peanuts left inside and around and near the acceptor,from the shipping crate...and I removed them...

That should not have upset the alignment of the track that the "Tokens" slide on past the two sensors.

Post 15 :

Since the Tokens are going into the Hopper the 24 volts that operates the Magnet on the Token Acceptor is working. Since it is not throwing an "ERROR" as the Tokens are inserted that means that both sensors are not picking up the Tokens. If one sensor was and not the other an "ERROR" would trip in the Pachi.

The CN Plug on the inner door that powers the Magnet is separate from the the CN Plug for the two sensors. Re seating the CN Plug for the Token Acceptor Sensors did not help bring back the operation of the sensors. In that case I would follow the MAIN CN Plug from the Door back to the Main PC Board and re seat the Plug on the Main PC Board. Though I do not think this will fix this Problem.

Post 16 :

I removed the acceptor because there was Styrofoam peanuts stuck behind it and inside one of the stop buttons where I couldn't get to it without removing the acceptor...Would it help taking it out again and see where its out of line and correct it?

Probably not. I do not have a Bellco Machine here or I would offer to have you send me your Token Acceptor to see if it in fact worked in a Pachi I owned or not. and if not, to adjust the track to read the sensors. That being said...

If any Member that owns one of these machines with this Token Acceptor, (picture enclosed) that would want to help out and is comfortable with trying to adjust the Tract if that is the problem Please speak up.

I am not saying that I am the "Authority" on Token Acceptors and their operation. But since taking AutoSlot over from Vince I have Gained a Great Knowledge on how they operate. Be it :

Number of Sensors in each Brand of Pachi

Their operating State, Hi to Low or Low to High signal Logic

The voltages they operate on

An extensive Database on most All Pachislo's that use the Traditional Stop Board with a 30 Pin ribbon cable and the older Style also

Just my 25 cents.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess I am confusing everyone with my use of the word "coins"..& "slugs"..I guess what they are,are japanese tokens that came with the machine..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uploaded for Baleahay.
    Dawn

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you again for all your help...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the problem i see here is that the led shows a "0" and the other leds are dark . yet all three hold buttons are turned on ...that should not be unless the reels are turning and up to speed . on the coin or token mech there is a connector with 2 brown wires disconnect that plug does the solenoid drop out and pick up when you reconnect it . do your tokens pass thru the mech when its unplugged or do they drop into the tray ?
    next unplug the coin mech wiring (the one with the brown,red ,yellow and black wires ) does the machine give an error when its unplugged ? it should . now plug it back in . un plug each hold button do the lights go out on all three when the first is pulled out .if not plug it back in and try each of the others in turn. im thinking you have a stuck button somewhere and it might be the spin knob or the bet buttons or any of the hold buttons .disconnect each one at a time and see if it makes any difference then plug them back in before proceeding on to the next . let me know what happens.
    Jeff

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The solenoid drops and shuts when the 2 brown wires are disconected...and the tokens falls into the tray when its unplugged..when the brown,red,yellow and black wires are unplugged it does not show an error...I unplugged each hold button one at a time,and after the first one,the other 2 stayed lit..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The connector' are upside down. Flip em, do a reset and good to go
    I hope

DON'T FEED THE

16. The following user says "Thanks" to ebb

Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I turned the connectors on the acceptor,and reset the machine...nothing happened..the connectors will only snap in in 1 position...turning them over,they won't snap in..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was hoping it was a that easy. In picture 2 they looked a little funny compared to the rest. Sorry
    DON'T FEED THE

19. The following user says "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well the machine isnt in error mode if the solenoid closes and opens when its plug is pulled and reinserted .if it where in error mode it would just drop the solenoid and all tokens would drop to the tray .Since the tokens are dropping to the tray when the plug is pulled then the coin mech hasnt been altered to pass quarters by jamming the solenoid trap shut manually .But when you pulled the coin mech you should have gotten an error . it sounds like you shorted something when you were working on the door . you did check all the fuses right? Where are you located ? This looks like it may be a problem that needs some hands on work . Your hold buttons should not be lit right now for any reason unless the reels are active .i could see something like this happening if the coin mech was shorted and the main board or the power supply where damaged by the short . this can happen when people are trying to defeat the coin mech to make it work with out tokens .these are digital switches and not the old micro switches shorting them can damage the main board or power supply if you dont know what your doing .But usually the reason for the lights being on is a stuck button as mentioned before .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 10-06-2010 at 04:52 PM.
    Jeff

21. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I live in Lewiston Idaho...and I only found 1 fuse...and thats on the power supply,right next to the on/off switch..Are there more?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is one the Reel Stop Board. It has a 30 pin Ribbon cable attached to it from the mother board. It it usually on the right side wall of the Pachi. Pic of the Board is below.

Have you reseated the Main Ribbon Cable at each end that goes from the Door to the Main Board?
    Last edited by new in town; 10-06-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

24. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found that one on the right side..it was hard to get to ..it still has the copper filament in,so it isn't blown...I was hoping it was,it was the logical place to look...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: My Bingo slot quit working

Got your PM. Do you own a multimeter and are you comfortable using one? If so If so please do the following. :

1. My e-mail address is : pachijunkie@bellsouth.net. Sid and Mods I know this practice is not normally done in the open Forum but this is the e-mail address for AutoSlot. Anyone can find it from linking to my Web Site which is listed on the Forum. : Autoslot

2. Using this e-mail address to me I need you to send me Hi Res Pic's of the Door PC Board showing ALL CN plugs. Also, clear Pic's of the PC Motherboard from straight on and angles.

To cut down on glare if your camera has a "close up mode" which does not use the Flash you can place a lamp in front of the opening of the Pachi to light it up to take close up, clear pictures. Don't put the Lamp Too Close though.

I can take up to 25 Mega Byte in each e-mail. Try to make the Pic's Brighter. I can Enhance the one's you send but the better Pic's sent the less I have to do cleaning them up and the crisper they will be for me to look at.

Below are "Touched up Pic's" that dattia posted for you. Thank you My Dear.

Notice in Pic 2 that the left Stop Button is brighter that the other two.

3. From there I will work with you through e-mail's to check for voltages and Logic States using the multimeter on various CN Plugs on the door PC board to try to find out what is going on.

If the three Stop Button lights are on with a token counter reading of "0" the Pachi is in a "Hung" state meaning the Motherboard does not know which side is up. That's as far as I am going to divulge here. Why?

I do not want to divulge proprietary information on the detailed operation of the "Credit Add" portion of AutoSlot. There is a Prying Eye who is a Member of our Pachi World that would Reap the benefits of information passed over the open Forum. Vince and now, I have worked hard to expand this wonderful Device. There may be a 4 Reel AutoSlot with Credit Add in the Future along with the new AS-06 for the new Pachi's W/O the Traditional 30 Pin Stop Board.

Other things you can do right now. : (these you can answer in this thread)

1. Have you pressed the white Square button on the power supply both with the Pachi powered up and holding it as you trun on the Machine. (Refer to the Manual I linked to you).

2. Does this Pachi Have Lights within the three reels and at this time do they come on at all when you turn the Pachi on?

3. As it is now, do any of the Stop button lights go out as you press them and come back on after you release them?

Will wait on your response both here and in the e-mail's... Brian...

Spoiler

27. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Up Date.

May have found out the problem. Waiting on an answer back from Gary.

Does anyone out there own a Bellco Pachislo around the year of this one? (2002)

If so, Please PM me. I could use help getting answers about the working of a machine that "is working" compared to this one which is not. I do not own one of these so I do not have one here to compare Apples to Oranges.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you...I am in the process now of checking all the cables and connections. Some bulbs I cannot check because they are part of a circuit board and can't be removed..And I'm using WD-40...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"May have found out the problem. Waiting on an answer back from Gary."

well cant wait to hear the out come since your keeping us all in suspense by going dark on us the idea of this forum is to allow the free dissemination of information concerning these machines since they have precious little information to begin with . I usually do my troubleshooting in public . the credit add feature isn't really anything news worthy if you know how digital switching works anyway .
    Jeff

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast