Thread: aristocrat error "e6" after power surge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default aristocrat error "e6" after power surge

looking at a token slot for a guy, its a aristocat double face.. went down after a power surge

setting code e6 on powerup, hopper is full and reset didnt help. manual hopper test button makes hopper spit out tokens, so id guess thats o.k.

also not sure if its related but the coin solenoid wont work so tokens all reject, and the light that lights up the reels is not on either.

I have tried the soft reset with the outer door key( turning left) and a hard reset by jumping the hard reset switch wires( didnt have a key) thats on the power supply. Tried both togther nada. Pressing the button behind the front door with a display does nothing. I guess thats supposed to light up with a 1-6 to indicate settings or some krap? ciz if so, it aint workin heh

ps shows +12 led lit, and most pcbs have leds on so id guess its got power...

how does the hard reset key switch work? is it normally open or normally closed?
    GO GO PACHINKO!!!!!!!!!!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to 99cadillacman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: aristocrat error "e6" after power surge

an e6 is a pay out error . if the tokens are spitting out ok then you may have already cleared the obstruction. on the hopper is a device that counts the tokens on older machines its an arm that is moved as the tokens exit the hopper and that arm activates a micro switch then snaps back to do it all over again .sometimes this assembly gets gummed up and the arm doesnt snap back .cleaning it up and a shot of silicon lube will cure this problem . on newer machines there is an optical sensor that shines a light (inferred light ) accross to a detector when a token breaks the light then the token counts as a paid token .However if a token sits to long in the sensor path or if a dust bunny (and ive seen some really big dust bunnies ) gets in there it registers an error and must be cleaned out. These will clear your problem . now to reset the machine short the 2 wires that where your reset switch and hold them shorted . now turn off the power supply . then turn it back on .you should now be in the odds mode the led on the door should show a number 1-to 6 on it thats your odds level now hold the knob down and unshort the wires it should now return to game mode the solenoid should also snap shut and allow you to put in tokens and pass to the hopper again. (when the machine errors it will open and drop all tokens into the tray.) hopefully you have all ready cleared the problem and it will reset with no problem .if the condition still exists the error will return .replacing the reset key switch with a simple toggle switch will make things alot simpler. good luck .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 09-17-2010 at 05:58 AM.
    Jeff

4. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you git running ???
    Jeff

6. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not yet. doing a lightning/power surge repair job on a few other arcade games this guy has and as partial payment im getting the pachi..

i swear ive tried this reset stuffwhen i was there looking at his game already but ill dig more into it once its mine.

I look foward to digging into these things and learning more about them.
    GO GO PACHINKO!!!!!!!!!!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to 99cadillacman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am getting e6 error on an aristocrat speed racer machine i have tried soft and hard reset any other suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just posted an unusual HE error code problem on a Super BlackJack machine in the Pachislo Technical Issue thread. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frank A
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all these sound like sensor errors on the hoppers check the harness to see if it was pinched somewhere also check the prongs to the right of the hopper that where the hopper overflow and make sure there not touching each other . everything above should have cleared this issue unless your sensors are defective .i suggest taking your hoppers apart and cleaning them real good then putting a hand full of tokens in and turning it manually to seeif the tokens spit out if so then try clearing the machine again .remember the reset proceedure must be done in the right order or it wont work and you have to hold down the spin knob while turning the key back to the regular position .
    Jeff

12. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah after about a hour of messing around i found the secret with this particular machine was powering down, activating the key switch inside the p.s. and also holding the door key left, then powering on,

and finally after a few tries, it succumbed and reset. hopper and all still checking ok.

plays like a champ! Fun game! However i did have to make some cardboard plates to go in frt of the speakers because even with the volume on low it was still loud as hell!
    GO GO PACHINKO!!!!!!!!!!

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to 99cadillacman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some of us old timers used a lot of cotton balls in front or the speaker cones to quiet them
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese