Thread: vales cabinet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default vales cabinet

ok this is my first attempt to build a pachinko cabinet. iv been looking around a lot and have came across a few that i thought were great. i have two vintage machines so i will be building two
    n1.JPG n2.JPG

my newest one in the nishijin b. the bottom. i got it last month and i have taken the back apart and cleaned it. i took out all the staples and put in screws and none went through yaya. the top one is my dads machine that he played with when he was little and its missing a ton of stuff. i dont know what it is yet. the nishijin is a complete and works great but i have not checked the wireing yet. after i build the cabinet im going to change the lights to LEDs and run it off a battery so i can hang it with out having a cord going all over the place.

i started to build the two cabinets on thurs for two hours after work. i got all the plywood cut to a 9" wide for all the sides top and botton
    1-11.JPG 2-11.JPG 3-11.JPG 6-11.JPG
    as you can see in the second pic i had to double score the plywood with a knife so it wouldnt splinter a lot. i was cutting it with an old plywood blade on a skillsaw. i should have went and got a new blade o well.

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to valentino

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: vales cabinet

hope its not to confusing but here goes
    now today i got off early and was able to work on them again for a bit.
    7-11.JPG 8-11.JPG 9-11.JPG 10-11.JPG 11-11.JPG

i cut all the pieces out of a 4x8 sheet of ply. i cut the pieces 9"x48". that gave me enoph to do two cabinets so i thought hahaha i didnt account for the piece under the machine for the back wall in the ball drain area. i have other piace that ill use for this from other projects. if i would have cut it 8" or 7" i think i would have made it o-well.

i started out with my nishijin at 20.5" wide and 32 1/8" tall. from one of the side pieces i pulled tape from the bottom and went up. i marked 3/4" for the bottom shelf then a 6" gap for bucket then 3/4" for another shelf that the pachinko will sit on then 32 1/8" tall machine then 3/4" for the top of the machine and the rest is for all the balls i hope to get. after i put a few screws in it im thinking that the top hopper might be a bit on the tall side but i can always take a bit off cause its not glued yet just two screws into every board at the ends and in 3/4". i cut the first 3 shelfs 20.5" long. i can get two out of one 9x48" rip i made before. i only cut one piece out of the rip and left the other side long because i dont know if i want to set the bottom of the cabinet on the inside of the frame and screw from the sides or make it as wide as the frame and screw up from the bottom. i know it prob doesnt matter but i want to think about it more and time is on my side.

hopefully i will get a chance sat or sun to work on it a bit more. i still need to cut the bottom piece and the bottom door and the top door. i also need to router the top for the window so i can view the balls

4. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to valentino

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking good so far, can't wait to see more!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking good!!

Great to see you are so organised, having all the wood measured and cut ready to fix. Super pics too, i'm sure they will be useful to inspire other Members to build their own cabinets too

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry its been a while but i have worked on the cabinet some more just havent gotten around to posting. i still need to put some kind of stoping bracket on the bottom door cause it opens more then 90deg and i want it to stop at 90. i just have to make time and look at a cabinet shop in my area

these are of the top ball holder with out the front plexi and ramps...
    12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG

these are of the bottom. most of them are taken with the cabinet upside down the bottom is up...
    15.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.JPG 20.JPG 21.JPG

12. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to valentino