Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: That Maturi Allwin Mahjong

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default That Maturi Allwin (Mahjong)

HIYA Everybody!

I finally found a Maturi Allwin (Mahjong ?Typing Typing?)
    MY D R E A M MACHINE! almost can't believe it but...

Ever wanted to see the gameplay?
    Well, I uploaded a video just for you guys!

YouTube - Maturi Mahjong Typing Typing G Gameplay

This is a direct link to the video, the description for the video
    has more information.!

Enjoy guys.

PS I noticed watching back over the video, that one of the super flash bulbs are out I wonder if a neon sign manufacture or something could do anything)

2. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: That Maturi Allwin (Mahjong)

4. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to WondersPachi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats funky.. I like that
    Congratulations on your purchase

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love mine and I notice that you haven't opened up the nails right above the two hands those are fun to see them move when the peeb's ( Pachinko Balls ) go into that area.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

8. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks cool!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

10. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: That Maturi Allwin (Mahjong)

Fantastic!
    I WANT ONE

12. The following user says "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Amazing looking
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Re: That Maturi Allwin (Mahjong)

Hi again - your machine is Taiyo's UteUte Jyanshi from September 2002 (CR打て打て雀士)

The theme is , as you rightly point out, a mahjong one. 'Ute Ute' is something the Japanese say at baseball games which is roughly a 'Lets Go Lets Go' type feel. I don't know enough about mahjong to exactly understand the coupling of the character for 'Jhong' (as in mah-'jhong', here read as 'jyan') and the character 'shi', but I'm guessing it's feeling is 'Master'.

So I'd guess its roughly 'Go Go Mahjong Master'

The 'Maturi' you're reading from the frame is common to many Taiyo's of this era, and is not the machine name.

Some links:

DB

Taiyo site
    There is always another machine around the corner...

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to candyflip

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is very cool and I love the music. Congratulations on finding one!
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

18. The following user says "Thanks" to outdoorenth

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations on a super find!!

and thanks for the video, always great to see pachinkos in action

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

20. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by candyflip View Post
    Hi again - your machine is Taiyo's UteUte Jyanshi from September 2002 (CR打て打て雀士)

The theme is , as you rightly point out, a mahjong one. 'Ute Ute' is something the Japanese say at baseball games which is roughly a 'Lets Go Lets Go' type feel. I don't know enough about mahjong to exactly understand the coupling of the character for 'Jhong' (as in mah-'jhong', here read as 'jyan') and the character 'shi', but I'm guessing it's feeling is 'Master'.

So I'd guess its roughly 'Go Go Mahjong Master'

The 'Maturi' you're reading from the frame is common to many Taiyo's of this era, and is not the machine name.

Wow! Thanks so much for the info candyflip! As for Maturi, I just used it so the majority of viewers would know if they had seen the machine online (was advertised as a "Maturi Allwin") its funny, cause that is so far from the actual name... Its like, how'd they get that?

Thanks again Candy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: That Maturi Allwin (Mahjong)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDark View Post
    Fantastic!
    I WANT ONE
    And now THANKS TO EDDIE I HAVE ONE TOO

I cabinet mounted it in a place of honor in my game room, added a Daverob dongle and Pachinko Bliss is mine.

It gave me a fever within 15 minutes!
    Attached Images Attached Images

23. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to DrDark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can anyone that has this machine explain the gameplay for this one? Looks different/interesting but no idea how it’s played... There’s one for sale locally so figured I’d ask if it’s as “special” to play like my Apollo 1 and Penguin arepachis in the same frame. Or is this just a weird digipachi? I found this video of gameplay: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3i983BdtoE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default That Maturi Allwin Mahjong

I finally got my chance to get this same machine that was for sale a couple years ago locally but slipped away. Seller said he only played it once, and wasn’t sure if it payed out, he’d had it around a year. He was asking $90 so I said I’d offer $60. (It came with about 1000 balls AND a high quality cabinet with additional hopper, and wasted balls go to a drawer in the front!) Someone made a spectacular cabinet!

I think I got a good deal! Turns out payouts work fine; the little ball flow blocker was just preventing balls from flowing to the payout motor. Now I’m up to 3 of the 7 or 8 machines that make this early 2000’s Maturi series (I’ve got the Penguin, Apollo 1 (cell only) and now this “strike it strike it” majong themed one. Today will see if it’s fun to play; If not I can just swap in Apollo 1 as I know it’s a winner! This one looks really funky and weird though so I like it!

26. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: That Maturi Allwin Mahjong

I can't believe THAT was for sale at an amazing price, and then you low-balled the guy LOL

How did one company make so many cool machines???
    WANTED: 10¥ games, pre-1950s machines, スマートボール (Smart Ball), payazzo/kronespill, Pickwick-style (~1905)
    if you have any of these in North America, let's talk.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to cait001

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cait001 View Post
    I can't believe THAT was for sale at an amazing price, and then you low-balled the guy LOL

How did one company make so many cool machines???
    Well he did say he just wanted it gone because it took up too much space, so I took my cue to negotiate a bit more!

This is an excellent series of non-lcd machines. This one is pretty fun and has exciting reaches, also it puts on a nice light show with the LED majong tiles changing colors and dancing around so it’s cool to look at even if not being played. The tiles light up in sequence when you get a reach to tease you, it’s a neat one! I’ve also seen/played Gachinko and Giant 7 in the this Maturi series but I like this one better than those! The arepachis in the series are better still...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    AND a high quality cabinet with additional hopper, and wasted balls go to a drawer in the front!) Someone made a spectacular cabinet!

That is so COOL! The funny thing is,my Penguin (with the same frame) came in the same cabinet! Has a large finger hole...hell, you can almost put your hand through it! My cat tried to crawl through it to see what was inside! I understand that the size was so you could puy ANY machine into it and reach the latch, if you don't have a key.
    I had to relocate the transformer, as balls were rolling all around it. I need to add a funnel, as lotsoballs land and stay on the wood frame. But at least not around the transformer. The bare "funnel boards" that guide the balls to the front drawer, make a loud obnoxious sound from all the balls bouncing on them! I'm gonna try some felt and rubber cement since I have that already. I found the drawer that brings lost balls to the front VERY convenient, but way too small. When opened to recover the balls...the inside corners prevent easy scooping of the balls. I thought of cutting triangle profiled strips to help guide the balls into your hand while scooping.
    What caught my attention, was the "roundnose" channels routed into the top "funnel" boards. Mine is exactly like that. They don't add much capacity, but does help you toss balls back into the hopper. You will have to add something to extend the machines hopper if you want to overfill it. The balls from the cabinet drop nicely into the hopper...but the hopper will still overflow if you keep tilling. the good thing (if attached to a wall), is that they fall into the front drawer!
    Overall...a nice cabinet...not great: but, I am glad I have it. Not sure what it is made of...looks like sawdust abd glue pressed into "wood". Not "chips" glued together like OSB. I think they were mass produced (to some degree), and tested...to see if a machine would fit and play. But NOT played enough to tell that the lost ball drawer was too small, and difficult to scoop from. The sound, and the lack of capacity of the top "funnel" was likely known...but allowed to make a profit for the price that it was offered...whatever that was.
    I have recently taken the Penguin out, and replaced with Yellow Cab. It is still a perfect fit!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 03-02-2020 at 03:46 PM.

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    That is so COOL! The funny thing is,my Penguin (with the same frame) came in the same cabinet! Has a large finger hole...hell, you can almost put your hand through it! My cat tried to crawl through it to see what was inside! I understand that the size was so you could puy ANY machine into it and reach the latch, if you don't have a key.
    I had to relocate the transformer, as balls were rolling all around it. I need to add a funnel, as lotsoballs land and stay on the wood frame. But at least not around the transformer. The bare "funnel boards" that guide the balls to the front drawer, make a loud obnoxious sound from all the balls bouncing on them! I'm gonna try some felt and rubber cement since I have that already. I found the drawer that brings lost balls to the front VERY convenient, but way too small. When opened to recover the balls...the inside corners prevent easy scooping of the balls. I thought of cutting triangle profiled strips to help guide the balls into your hand while scooping.
    What caught my attention, was the "roundnose" channels routed into the top "funnel" boards. Mine is exactly like that. They don't add much capacity, but does help you toss balls back into the hopper. You will have to add something to extend the machines hopper if you want to overfill it. The balls from the cabinet drop nicely into the hopper...but the hopper will still overflow if you keep tilling. the good thing (if attached to a wall), is that they fall into the front drawer!
    Overall...a nice cabinet...not great: but, I am glad I have it. Not sure what it is made of...looks like sawdust abd glue pressed into "wood". Not "chips" glued together like OSB. I think they were mass produced (to some degree), and tested...to see if a machine would fit and play. But NOT played enough to tell that the lost ball drawer was too small, and difficult to scoop from. The sound, and the lack of capacity of the top "funnel" was likely known...but allowed to make a profit for the price that it was offered...whatever that was.
    I have recently taken the Penguin out, and replaced with Yellow Cab. It is still a perfect fit!
    Yeah, on second glance mine is exactly like that one. I saw the drawer was stapled together instead of screwed. Must have been a commercial kit; I believe most of these Maturi machines came from a defunct pachinko vendor/site “slot-pachinko.com” sold by a member on here Curt back in the heyday of the early 00’s.

Funny you mention your cat went inside it; so did mine! He’s obsessed with playing with the balls that fall through the back to those ramps! He plays his version of pachinko every time I play!
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 03-02-2020 at 05:04 PM.

33. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

35. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As you can see, the cat approves of it!

37. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast