Thread: New Guy Vintage Sankyo Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question New Guy Vintage Sankyo Help

I just got a vintage Sankyo, I'm new to the hobby, but my dad had a Nishjin B while I when I was growing up. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase, my boys love it as well. Here are my questions. 1. Can anyone identify this particular machine? I haven't seen it in any of the museums/ for sale sights. 2. If you look at the second picture, you will see that some of the pins have been moved around, and I was wondering if anyone knew or had pictures of the proper config. Along with that, the 2 pins at the very top protecting the bird are off color from the rest, and a ball couldn't get through them until I tinkered with it. 3. And Finally, if you look at the 3rd picture, this machine has been tinkered with quite a bit, does anyone know or have an original picture of how this machine was supposed to operate in the back? It works as is, but I'm not sure it's set up right. Thanks for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Guy Vintage Sankyo Help

Welcome to PachiTalk and the Vintage Pachinko hobby! We are thrilled to have you aboard!

I have some good news and bad news for you regarding your machine.

First, the good news. The front of your machine is in great condition - no water stains under the playfield which are very common with vintage machines. It also looks like there are just a few nails missing which is an easy fix (many members here have extras that they can send you). All in all, a winner!

Now for the not-so-good news... all of the mechanics that make the machine work are missing from the back, and unless you find another machine like the one you have and use it for parts, there really isn't anything you can do about it. It looks like your machine was stripped for parts somewhere along the line.

But don't be upset. Working pachinko machines are common and easy to find on Craigslist (cheap too), and you have a global support group here at PachiTalk to help you find a complete machine to play with. Just post pictures and/or a link to any Craigslist ad and we can help you make sure that you are looking at a fully functional machine.

Again, Welcome to PachiTalk!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome, don't write her off too soon, it's a bad pic, but I swung all of the mechanicals out to the side so I could get a better look at the back of the playing field. I probably should have mentioned that when I put the pic out. I'm so impressed someone wrote back. Interestingly enough, I'm already on track to get a 2nd machine, evidently my dad still has the one I grew up with in the attic back home. I probably should have talked to him before I bought this one.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

are all of the parts on the green panel intact?i have a machine similar to that one ,if you could post some pictures of the green panel,i should be able to help if my back is the same.i can post pictures of mine if you like.anyway,welcome to pachitalk!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice machine !! cute cell . My Sanyko doesn't have that green back panel that opens, good luck sounds like pinball wizard can help ya though.

Welcome to Pachitalk !!!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to newbie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A picture of the back with the green cover closed would be good also.
    --

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to digital1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

your post says it works.. but your conserened something is missing??

can ya post a pic of the problem area...

posting a pic with the back open like that is really deceiving...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!!

The third photo is deceiving. It looks like the complete mechanism is hinged away from the back of the playfield.

Like Digital sez, you should close the mech back up and take another photo.

You might not be as bad off as you think you are aside from a few missing nails.

Lets hope so anyway.

Look forward to some new photos!!

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the show !

YouTube - Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - Karn Evil 9 with lyrics

We need a really good overall picture of the back including that big Green plastic workings . if there is a certain problem with payouts take a close-up of where the ball are collecting at in back .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

17. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

19. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello, hopefully there isn't too much wrong with your pachinko, but a good clear pic of the rear workings would help the members advise you on this

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

21. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a pic with the back closed up. All of the stuff in the green plastic seems to work (I'm not worried about electrical stuff yet), but the play of the machine is not working how I'm thinking it should. When I get a ball in the top bird, the right tulip and the top center tulip open. When I get a ball into the top left of the clown, the left tulip and the top center tulip open. Anywhere else in the clown I get both of the center tulips. If this is how it's supposed to work, I'm happy, I'm just used to what I've seen in other machines. Thanks for all of the responses!

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ACMech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You will find so much help here !! This is a great site and the people here are very knowlegeble and friendly .

Yes they do tend to multiply but such a fun hobbie, and so many different makes/models...

25. The following user says "Thanks" to newbie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

most of the time ,getting a ball in a pocket can also open another one.i think that might be normal for yours .if it pays off when you land a ball,everything should be working.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Usually people will just bend nails slightly to adjust gameplay... some like it easier to win, while others like to make it a bit more challenging. It is uncommon to remove nails completely for this purpose... so I am assuming that this one has just lost a few over time. Easy fix, as mentioned before. The nails are usually placed in a very symmetrical pattern, so if you replace the missing few in the holes already there, it will be easy to see what the pattern should have been. It looks to me like one nail at least is definitely in the wrong place... not sure if a previous owner thought that was just a better place for it, or if they couldn't get the nail back into an original hole.

Or maybe my eyes are just getting the better of me... I am talking about the right side of the tailfeathers. It looks like there is a nail going off the pattern.
    Dawn

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ACMech View Post
    Here is a pic with the back closed up. All of the stuff in the green plastic seems to work (I'm not worried about electrical stuff yet), but the play of the machine is not working how I'm thinking it should. When I get a ball in the top bird, the right tulip and the top center tulip open. When I get a ball into the top left of the clown, the left tulip and the top center tulip open. Anywhere else in the clown I get both of the center tulips. If this is how it's supposed to work, I'm happy, I'm just used to what I've seen in other machines. Thanks for all of the responses!
    sounds like yout game play is correct.. hard to say for sure as each version has a bit of differance in play.. but geting a ball in one pocket can defantly open another one for easy acceses...

rember its gravity.. so a top pocket can open lower pockets but not the other way around... of course there execptions to this rule but for the most part thats how vintage machines can work...

if your looking for a nail or two shoot me a privet message with your addy and im sure some nails may find there way to ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

31. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: New Guy Vintage Sankyo Help

Thanks for the offer of help, but I already procured a couple of nails. If you look at the pictures, I've also hooked up the lights. Actually, I went with LEDs. Right now, I have the two LEDs on the right hand side come on when I get a ball in a target, and then the top left light is on constantly. I know it's not exactly how it's supposed to work, but my boys like it better. I also hooked up a buzzer that comes on when there aren't enough balls in the top. I ended up going with two seperate circuits to do this, one for the win lights, and the other for the buzzer/on light, but it works well. A little of a birds nest on the wires, a project for another day. If you look at the third picture, I also put all of the nails back where they are supposed to go, shined the nail heads and plugged the holes that weren't supposed to be there. If you look close, you can tell where I plugged the holes, but unless you are looking it's not bad. The help that's been offered so far has been great, and reading through the other posts has been a huge help. Thanks for all the help and encouragement,

33. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to ACMech