Thread: craigslist sucks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default craigslist sucks

sorry guys but my view of craigslist so far is that its full of ******** ! i lost a yellow cab cos the guy messed me around and now ive lost an et cos the guy CANT BE THERE! i give up i aparently should not own a nice pachinko im off to cry in the corner . oh im in columbia mo in case any of you decent folk want to sell lol.i do have to say that my experience in both this and the other pachinko -pachislo chat room (you know the one ) have been nothing but positive .. keep up the good support guys not every one gets **** on like me lol.
    I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to rattyneil

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: craigslist sucks

Sorry for your troubles.

CL is a big pain, but you have to wade through the chaff to get to the seed. Keep at it and you'll get a nice one for sure. I find that only about 20% of what I try to get on CL actually happens.

Just think what it would be like if we didn't have CL or eBay. I know for sure that I wouldn't have any of the cool machines I have now.
    My Machines:
    Pachinko: Star Wars (2004), Kyoraku "Columbia"
    Pachislo: Lucky Cat, Large Devil S

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Jinx. CL is full of ill informed folks, morons and thieves but deals can be found. Just be patient and you will prevail.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

craigslist is not the best ,but it is free.i haven't bought anything off cl,but i have been trying to sell stuff on there and haven't had any luck doing that either.there are a lot of idiots on there ,just check the rants and raves section .i have responded to some job offers though,some were questionable,most were from local businesses and were for real.but keep trying ,you will eventually come across some real people.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

be careful with ebay also.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

at least ebay has policies in force to protect people to a certain degree.but,i have had a couple of bad experiences there too.but most people selling on ebay are decent folks.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry to hear you're frustrated. On a side note:Columbia MO is my old stomping grounds! You should see if the Hartsburg Hitching Post (in Hartsburg) is still around... cooool little bar, had an open jam on Sundays.

Flakes and scammers are a fact of life when using Craigslist for anything. I dig the hunt and the bargaining almost as much as the objects I get. Be polite, be persistent, and take the conversation to telephone as quickly as possible.

Foil scammers by ignoring anything but face-to-face cash-for-object offers. Reduce flakiness by getting phone numbers and making confirmation calls. I made a 2.5 hour drive to pick up a couple of CL pachis yesterday, and I made three phone calls to the seller. One to confirm the arrangement, one to let him know I was leaving, and one to let him know I was running late (I got a #$%^ speeding ticket!).

Recognize that for a certain dollar amount your aggravation can be made to go away... you can buy from a reputable ebay seller. But there are good deals to be found out there in the wilds of CL, and it is rewarding to make a big 'score'. It can be a game... try to have fun with it.

10. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to TailTrauma

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To the contrary, I have had mostly positive experiences with Craigslist in my area, both as a buyer and a seller. Sure, I respond to ads and sometimes never receive a reply, and I have scheduled appointments with buyers who never show, but those are the exceptions in my case, not the rule. I would say 80% of all my Craigslist transactions went acceptably, and I have made some killer deals on my purchases.

I use Craigslist for both leisure and business, and I find that I usually get a great response on my ads. I have tried eBay as well, but find that all of the fees really cut into my profits, plus I am responsible for the burden of packing the items and shipping them out. Craigslist is free and all items are cash & carry.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience with CL, but know that it is possible to find great bargains and there are folks out there who are honest and will honor their committements. All I can say is keep trying.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it too have had nothing but great dealings with Craigs List..

like TrailTrauma posted get a phone number ASAP and then deal over the phone... Having a personal touch makes both buyer and seller feel better.. jsut rember that Craigs list sellers are having the same problems you are.. so they are probably view you the same way as your viewing them...

i would say Craigs List adds with pics seem to yeild way better results as well.. asking for pics is such a pain.. "my camera's broke" my battery's are dead" or the best one "ill send them right over"...

but for the most part i have found some amazing deals there pachinkos, cameras, video camera, 3 personal vehical's, and more...

the world is full of people trying to rip ya off... just take your time and you will be rewarded
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dealing with folks on CL can be a pain. Don't know how many times I've had something fall through. For the most part it's just been bad timing.

I try and remember that people may be getting foreclosed on, evicted, have jobs, kids activites, or who know what.

If they took the time to type up the add, then they want to sell. I believe that.

Just try to be patient and eventually it will all work out.

Good Luck!!
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Ikaria

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I understand the frustration, but stick with it and you won't be disappointed. I just picked up a sweet machine on CL --> http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/crai...tml#post376915

18. The following user says "Thanks" to mackoftrack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not sure why CL seems to attract the dregs of humanity (present company excluded, of course).

I've had a lot of frustration both as a buyer and a seller. When looking for a classic car on CL recently, I discovered that some people use CL as a means to judge what their car is worth with no intention of ever selling it. I have driven long distances to discover that people will blatantly lie to get you to come look at something. When selling something, I have waited many times for somebody who is "on their way" but never show.

All that said, I've found CL to be the place to get great deals and find stuff that I wouldn't otherwise find. Double-edged sword. Be patient and you will be rewarded in your search.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i know guys i was just pissed off and having a rant i actually got my neo planett on cl for 100 bucks so its not all bad i drove 2 hours each way to pick it up too. ill keep looking one day ill find a nice yellow cab or something.
    I would never join a club that would have me as a member!

21. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to rattyneil

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rattyneil View Post
    i know guys i was just pissed off and having a rant i actually got my neo planett on cl for 100 bucks so its not all bad i drove 2 hours each way to pick it up too. ill keep looking one day ill find a nice yellow cab or something.

some times ya just have to blow off a little steam
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i finally sold a pinball machine i had listed on cl a few hours ago.i guess it pays off,but you have to still deal with scumbags a lot.

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pinball wizard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had two chances to buy a Star Wars on CL(in another state) - Both turned out to be flakes. I was getting frustrated too!! Finally just bought a SW from an Ebay seller. Worked out OK. I sold my Marilyn Monroe on CL. I would say 98% of my dealings on CL have been great. Like everything else - there is the good, the bad & then the ugly!! Hang in there, a yellow cab is right around the corner.
    Who knew a small chrome ball would be so much fun !
    Vintage pachinko, Bond 007(Pachislo),Bond 007, Star Wars Pachinko,Top Gun Pachinko,Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000 pinball, Dick Clark's New Year's Eve slot

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slotsoffun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had my own rant about Craig's List. Mainly that you have to compete with the people that don't seem to have jobs that can respond to an add within minuets of it being placed.
    On the other hand I have used it to get things both personal and business.
    I always give my name and business phone # when responding to an add. I also keep it positive and polite as much as possible.
    If they respond I ask for a phone # then deal that way. I always have a smile on when I talk to someone that called me back. It helps reassure them you mean what you say. If I know I am going to want it I will offer a deposit to hold it till I can get there. Most decline the deposit. They know I mean business and I am not out to waste there time.

I have had positive results so far.

29. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

tampa just had a craigs list killer comitt suicide in jail awaiting trial.

he made dates with women on craigs list then beat and robbed them, he killed one of them.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Saved the tax payers some money!!!
    Who knew a small chrome ball would be so much fun !
    Vintage pachinko, Bond 007(Pachislo),Bond 007, Star Wars Pachinko,Top Gun Pachinko,Williams BLACK KNIGHT 2000 pinball, Dick Clark's New Year's Eve slot

32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slotsoffun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

rattyneil,
    You still in Columbia? So am I, and I have a nice skill-stop Pachislo Machine for sale. Post here if you are interested. Area Man.

============================================================ ==============
    Quote Originally Posted by rattyneil View Post
    sorry guys but my view of craigslist so far is that its full of ******** ! i lost a yellow cab cos the guy messed me around and now ive lost an et cos the guy CANT BE THERE! i give up i aparently should not own a nice pachinko im off to cry in the corner . oh im in columbia mo in case any of you decent folk want to sell lol.i do have to say that my experience in both this and the other pachinko -pachislo chat room (you know the one ) have been nothing but positive .. keep up the good support guys not every one gets **** on like me lol.