Thread: E1 comes up when I push "red" button on Kung Fu Lady

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default E1 comes up when I push "red" button on Kung Fu Lady

I recently purchased my first pachislo from craigslist for $60... it seems to work well... until I push the red button (which I'm guessing is the "cash out" button). A few tokens come out and then on the left LED window "E1" comes up and a continuous playing music begins. I've checked and there are plenty of tokens in the "hopper" and though there may be over 20 credits on the right LED window... only a few tokens are spit out before this seems to freeze up and play music.

I did a search on the internet about errors on Kung Fu Lady and found a few postings but nothing that seemed to represent this particular error.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: E1 comes up when I push "red" button on Kung Fu Lady

remove all the tokens, check them for ragged edges or if any are bent, discard these

then clean all the good tokens

wipe down the inside of the hopper and spray a little contact cleaner inside, then turn the wheel on the bottom by hand.

replace the good tokens in the hopper and do a full rest.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Watch this video. It helped me clear both E1 errors on my two machines.

YouTube - ‪Fix error code E1 Pachislo slot machine‬‎

Congrats on the purchase BTW! Is this the machine advertised on Craigslist for $100? I thought that was a great deal, but to get it for $60 is outstanding!
    Last edited by Jinx; 08-08-2010 at 05:24 PM.
    My Machines:
    Pachinko: Star Wars (2004), Kyoraku "Columbia"
    Pachislo: Lucky Cat, Large Devil S

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Jinx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you very much luckydog, I will try this and post after I get some contact cleaner and go through the tokens. I hope this works!

Thank you too Jinx, I did see this video... though my machine doesn't start with the E1 error, it only happens when I go to cash out... resetting eliminates the error only once the error comes up and only until the next time I go to cash out. I will try a full reset though after I clean it with contact cleaner and check the tokens. Oh and "YES!" this was the machine that was for sale in Anacortes for $99. I'm not sure what they are worth... but I've seen a few for sale for around $150 on craigslist.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I checked the tokens... they were all in pretty good shape... no ragged edges or bent ones, so I unscrewed the top of the hopper and used a contact cleaner pen on the areas I could reach... it was in need of cleaning. Cleaned it up and put it back together and did a full reset.

I added plenty of tokens to the hopper and then built up some credits... hit the "red" button... and the same problem occurred... the "E1" popped up and repetitive music began playing.

I opened the machine and pushed the red button to the right of the keyed reset switch...held it for a moment and released... the hopper spit out a couple more tokens... then continued with the music... I opened up the machine and pushed the red button inside next to the keyed reset button one more time, held it for a moment and released... and the machine "E1" cleared and the music stopped without deleting the remaining credits.

I was able to reproduce this error and response with the internal button next to the keyed reset switch several times.

It's only a temporary fix though... does this diagnostic give anyone any idea of the issue?

Any ideas at all?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HEY! I fixed it!!!

You all gave great advice... I'm just such a novice at this that the terminology wasn't connecting.

I kept searching all over... many different people gave suggestions on how to clean a hopper...and one person here even had a thread (didn't find it until I did a google search for the misspelling "hooper" *laughing*...no kidding.) on "how to clean a hooper (hopper)". Some pdf suggested spraying the hopper with WD-40 (didn't sound like a very good idea)...another suggested "simple green"... the best suggestion I think was "luckydog" and the contact cleaner spray... but the real issue was inside the hopper.

There were two "white" plastic screws on the base of the plastic hopper... these (when unscrewed) allowed the containment part of the hopper to be removed. Once that was off, you can see two little silver wheels. These are probably connected to the optical sensor that I've read about. I cleaned these but that wasn't enough. After cleaning the hopper (from what I could see) I turned it over to look at the "meat" of the components underneath... there I could see the mechanism these two little silver wheels were connected to...and noticed some "springs". The springs told me that there was some sort of movement there that was supposed to happen... but when I attempted to "gently" move either of the two silver wheels... only one would move... and it was VERY SLOW and not very responsive.. it didn't move back and forth easily, is what I'm saying. SO... I took my contact cleaner pen (nice thing to get from Radio Shack) and rubbed it around the screw hinge that the "movable" silver wheel was connected to...underneath. A couple of light rubs with the pen and it began to move better... I cleaned off the excess with a cotton swab and applied more cleaner...then removed excess and moved the little silver wheel again... it moved back and forth very easy!

I plugged the hopper back into the main assembly and did a full reset... added around 100 tokens to the hopper and loaded up the front with around 10 (3 to load up for the first spin and 7 excess) then pushed the "cash out" button... clink clink clink clink clink clinkety clink. All 7 cashed out!

In a nutshell... cleaning the hopper topically is a good idea... because all that gunk you take off is going to eventually gum up the little silver wheel mechanism... but to get the hopper to spit out the coins as it should.. you've got to free up the gunk in the little silver wheels UNDERNEATH! Once it moves easily and is cleaned... bahdda bing bahdda boom.

Contact cleaner spray would be good...because it evaporates... but the contact cleaner pen and some cotton swabs did the trick.

The Kung Fu Lady is fully functioning now!

Thank you ALL for your help. I hope this helps you.

9. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mrdoobie.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a product called Lockease that is perfect for what you did. It leaves a graphite residue that lubes better than anything else!

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SlotsRfun