Thread: Daiichi vintage trying to bring back to glory

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Daiichi vintage trying to bring back to glory

Hi all, now that my Sankyo is done and performing great, I thought I'd see what I could do about this other game...it's a 1975 Daiichi Hi-Deluxe new Vangurd...quite the name eh? Anyway, if anybody has a picture of the back of one of these and could post or send it to me in hi res, that would help. I know I'm missing a part or two like linkage rods/wires. Anyone?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Sanktheyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Daiichi vintage trying to bring back to glory

Here is where the link is missing...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

mine is kinda burried deep right now and im heading to bed...

but see if this helps ya...

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...pin-wheel.html

looks like your mising one long wire..

the wire heads up to the 1 or 2 o-clock position with in the machine..

the the jackpot cycle is cycling the won balls will fall from the jackpot onto a "bar" the weight of the falling balls will tip said "bar" and lift that wire and then allow the single winning ball to fall off the jackpot arm ending the jackpot cycle..

hope that helps if not let me know and ill try and find ya some time for a better pic...

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar, that picture was fine and I can at least see where the wire goes, but whenever you get time to dig yours out that would be great. No pressure at all...only 36,000 Pachitalkers! Really, no hurry and if ya can't that's o.k. too...

I FOUND SOME BACK PICS, so you don't have to dig. (unless you want to?) I will be posting more questions I'm sure...Thx again.
    Last edited by Sanktheyo; 08-06-2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Found pics

Thanks
    Thanks Received

O.K., so I have pictures of this rod going up through the plastics...but what does it connect to? I'm thinking it just wraps around the ball elevator ramp? There are no holes or studs for a wire? Hmmm...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

working a double today and tomarow as well

ill try and dig mine out asap
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar. I am working on this as we speak so I may get a little ahead so bear with me...so now what I've done is bypass that function that was missing...don't really know why they have that there anyway. As the jackpot is scored, the ball goes down into the "seesaw" and then falls on the linkage that is connected to the jackpot release...the wire that was in question only lifts a guilletin type gate to release the ball into the spent ball tray. It seems to me there is no need for that in the first place...so now, I get jackpots, and the mechanism mostly resets itself, but now my Tulips are sticking! See picture (I used a wire tie and tied the gate open)

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Sanktheyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Sanktheyo View Post
    Thanks Mopar. I am working on this as we speak so I may get a little ahead so bear with me...so now what I've done is bypass that function that was missing...don't really know why they have that there anyway. As the jackpot is scored, the ball goes down into the "seesaw" and then falls on the linkage that is connected to the jackpot release...the wire that was in question only lifts a guilletin type gate to release the ball into the spent ball tray. It seems to me there is no need for that in the first place...so now, I get jackpots, and the mechanism mostly resets itself, but now my Tulips are sticking! See picture (I used a wire tie and tied the gate open)
    i have put some thought in to bypassing it myself... but luckly have never had to...

my first guess as to its need and reason for being there is to slow the payout cycle.. holding jackpot arm in the down position would and should keep the jackpot payout light on for longer...

by allowing the ball to pass straight threw the light would be a mear blink and could upset the percision ballance of the whole payout...

but thats just a guess

ill still try and get ya a pic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Guys,

I have a functional but not yet restored Daiichi in front of the pile in the guest house that I could get too.

You guys are right. That rod is actuated by the jackpot linkage behind the cover right about dead center. Its merely bent in a 90 degree angle at the tip so the jackpot linkage can push against it.

I dropped a few balls in and watched the action of it and it only seems to delay the spent jackpot ball for about half a second. Its almost as if it times the dropping of the ball about the same moment the bell rings. I think if it would go unblocked by the little gate it would just drop faster than the jackpot would ring.

Its an interesting feature but not that necessary.

If you would like to make one it probably wouldnt be too hard. Let me know if you need the length of it as well as some more detailed photos.

Enjoy!

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99