Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Star Wars pachinko might go under radar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars pachinko (might go under radar)

Sorry to those bidding on the US Ebay Star Wars Machine, as I won that one. $317 for a Star Wars machine I think is a good price as I couldn't find any below $400-600. This now makes my second machine (to go along with my Sanyko Super Sea Story). I am thinking about getting this cabinet to go with it:

Gallery - Category: Star Wars Pachinko Cabinet

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to orsonandshiris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    i know where there are some balls in the uk
    Well picked up the Star Wars machine yesterday.Balls falling through is from the bottom shoot as normal.However it only came with 6 pachinko balls and 40 oversized ball bearings.There is no front door key.The screen don't come on every time but getting a ball down the middle pocket starts it up.Very LOUD.As this is my first Pachinko I am going to be asking what might look like daft questions.Such as
    1. who wants to sell me some balls?
    2.I can open the front from the back however.Can I get a key for the front door?
    2.The top hopper i would think is for paying out extra balls.How would this be kept full?
    3.Is there a way to just press a button to dispense a few ball?
    4.Can the volume be turned down.Or is it like pachislo with variable resisters?
    5.Can the balls falling out the bottom be used to fill the top hopper?
    6.Is it ok to ask more questions later?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mud, never hesitate to ask questions! I will tell you that a lot of your questions are lurking here already as that is a popular frame. The volume will need some controls added to keep it enjoyable. All 3 of mine in that frame sound great still even at a low setting.

You will need to keep the hopper full up top if you wish to have it payout on wins. Some folks here build a cabinet around the pachi so it has a bigger reserve tank.

Daverob has a card reader you should look into - it will help with some of your issues. And check with a vendor or parts member here as they may have a key for that frame.

Congrats on the great find!
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not daft questions at all.

As for the screen. if you check some of the older threads on here. it seems to be a common issue with them not coming on first time. Mine included. the thing seems to be.
    Turn it on. Leave it for 5-10 minutes then turn it off and back on again.

There is a basic volume control on the back of the machine, But even on the lowest setting, Its still to loud. Best thing as you say is a varible resister per speaker is best.

For refilling the front hopper from the rear top hopper. You need a daverob dongle. Smashing bit of kit. Especially if your machine is on a wall mounted cabinet.

The proper way to move spent balls back to the top hopper is with a ball lifter. Expensive and hard to come by. I just use a tupaware container and when its full just put them manually in the top. (Till I can get my own ball lifter made)

Can always ask questions.
    Pachitalk is number one

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As mentioned above, the Star Wars start up is a normal event, or so it seems with most members Star Wars pachinkos, so that's just a case of switching on and letting it warm up for a couple of minutes, then back off and on,(btw if you are interested in other Members experiences of this, then try a search of the forums and you will find quite a few threads)

The Daverob Dongle has become a must for members these days as it emulates the Parlour Side of things and allows you to press a button and dispense balls into your shooter tray

The rear Top Hopper needs to be topped up with balls as these as these will rapidly deplete in a Fever Round situation, and I, like most people here, collect the balls that fall into the ball receptacle / tupperware tub / carton and top the hopper up periodically with these. I also keep another little container at the front for putting the Winning balls in should i be lucky enough to get the Fever Rounds, I use both of these to keep the rear top hopper filled (yeah I have a ball lifter but it's stored away!! and besides I kinda like the frantic ball hopper topping up!! )

Have a good look at your Pachinko just to check that Volume Controls have not already been added to it. Most of the Star Wars Pachinkos in the UK came from a Particular Importer that used to have the option of adding volume controls (and cabinets) to your purchases (I did that when i bought mine) If not then they can be quite easily added, and again there should be lots of posts around regarding this, or another member may have the links handy??

Congratulations on a great pachinko purchase and keep asking those questions!!

and Welcome to the Dark Side!!
    Last edited by hanabi; 08-14-2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Star Wars pachinko (might go under radar)

Looks like you got answer to most of your questions..lets see if I can add anything..

The screen don't come on every time but getting a ball down the middle pocket starts it up.
    As has already been said, very common with this one!!

1. who wants to sell me some balls?
    Well Doc seems to know where some are!! I wonder if Dragonfly might also be able to help??

Dragonfly Amusement

2.I can open the front from the back however.Can I get a key for the front door?
    Vendors sometimes have keys...They might be available on Yahoo Japan too or you could post that you're looking for one in the 'Members Trade area'..

You can also remove the pins and use lots of stuff to open the lock..it only takes 5 minutes and if you ever get a real key it'll still work!!

PachiTalk Research Center - FAQ - Pachinko - Pachinko Lock Conversion for 'Omron' Lock - PachiTalk

2.The top hopper i would think is for paying out extra balls.How would this be kept full?
    Pour the balls from the back bottom, back up top!! Thats what I guess most people do!! Find one of the orange ball lifters$$$ Or build a cabinet with a big hopper on top that can hold thousands of extra balls..This will still need to be refilled with spent balls eventually, but not for a while..

3.Is there a way to just press a button to dispense a few ball?
    Daverob Super Wonder Dongle!!

4.Can the volume be turned down.Or is it like pachislo with variable resisters?
    There is a 3 way switch..but it won't really make it quiet!!

Here is a pic of how Arby used to put small volume controls right next to the speakers on Lumina frame games!!

5.Can the balls falling out the bottom be used to fill the top hopper?
    Ball lifter!! You can see a pic here..

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/yaho...fters-3-a.html

6.Is it ok to ask more questions later?
    Heck Yeah!! Thats what this place is for!!

Last edited by MrGneiss; 08-14-2010 at 05:26 AM.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

11. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just fitted 68omh 10watt resistors to speaker. Perfect volume and the speakers sound better.Still need more balls, looked at ebay and it comes up with USA at 7.2pence per ball shipped for 1000.My brother in law works at Honda and he is going to Japan in september.i have asked him to bring back as many as he can carry.Hope he don't get caught walking out pachinko parlours with his pockets full .Any UK sellers that any one knows of selling cheaper than that.I think I will build a ball lifter and R2D2 frame to fit the pachinko on the wall.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Mudplugger

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I picked up 500 balls off ebay from a UK seller about 2 months for £25. They do appear here ever so often. But I currently waiting for some balls to come over on the slow boat (cheaper postage )
    Currently making the collection hopper for my homemade ball lifter.

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2