Thread: Help! Semi cyclic to regular pay out

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help! Semi cyclic to regular pay out

Dear all,

I just purchased a Sanyo 2009 "Super Sea Story in Mediterranean Sea" (sea story 10th anniversary version) from Japan, the Japanese guy told it to me as a semi cyclic version, which the dropping balls can cyclic to the from up tray. so the pay out unit never work, it not pay balls after I won. I wish I can change it to pay balls after I get jackpot, I found out at the machine back side, two places have been modified (see attached photo), one is a line cut off and shortcutted below the pay out motor, one is a modified dongle plug at the card reader unit. If I plug out this modified dongle, the ball shooter unit will not work, if I plug out the line cut off unit, when I start the machine, the backside up tray vibration motor will vibrate 5 seconds for initializing but payout motor will still not work even I put ball in to the middle winning hole at the front side. same time when the line cut unit plug out, the from door up light will turn red for a warrning. ,So Does any one has the back side picture for this machine no modified model ? so I can see how the unmodified this machine back side looks like. Or anyone can provide me some idea let my machine payout unit motor works properly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Help! Semi cyclic to regular pay out

Usually when we use the term 'semi cyclic' on this forum it just means that the ball paths have been modified so that played balls come back out the front, but the payout motor is still hooked up so you still get payouts..Yours looks to be what we'd call 'fully cyclic' or just Cyclic..Just thought I'd mention that in case you were searching around the forum so you'd know what we call what!!

Sorry I can't really help much but I can say that the dongle in your second picture looks normal to me..It has to be plugged in for it to shoot balls..And it sounds like its doing what it should be doing, so thats one thing you don't need to worry about!!

I'm guessing the cut wire thing is there to trick the machine into thinking that the payout motor is still hooked up to keep the warning light off..

Now I don't know anything about this machine but I would look to see if there are any cut wires coming off of the payout motor that might have originally been connected to the wires that are on that little plug..

You also might want to post a pic of the front of your machine so people can see if they have a game in a similar frame!!

Oh, and...

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help! Semi cyclic to regular pay out

I have the same machine and mine was cyclic too

one is a line cut off and shortcutted below the pay out motor,
    Check the cables on the back and you should find a loose cable which has the connector to fit in the contacts under the payout motor.

Edit: Looking closer at the picture you provided it could be that the cables have just been cut. Maybe the ends of those cables are nearby the place where the connector is fitted.

With this cable plugged in the payout motor should work the way it was designed for. Don't forget to fill balls in the top hopper.

one is a modified dongle plug at the card reader unit
    This is a normal dongle mandatory for home play. Has nothing to do with the cyclic design of your machine.
    Last edited by Montana; 08-02-2010 at 05:50 AM.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Montana

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you give any feedback on the play of this machine,
    I was looking at one on YJA but watching the sales video on youtube I wasn't sure. It seems a bit hmmmm shall I say girlie.
    super sea story
    I emailed Kiai about another machine earlier today. But any reports would be good

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    You also might want to post a pic of the front of your machine so people can see if they have a game in a similar frame!!

Oh, and...

WELCOME!!!
    Thanks for your reply and help, I also find out at Japanese web site that prove you words that dongle is just for trigger the ball shooter and do nothing else. I am including a front view for this machine for anyone who interesting this machine, I think I would recemmend this machine . The best of this machine function you can not see from my attached photo is that there are two big mirror doors hidden at LCD screen two sides, when the SUPER CHANCE time, two semi-transparent mirror doors can close to cover the whole LCD screen make the LCD screen view like "3D" effect. It's amazing.

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    I have the same machine and mine was cyclic too

Check the cables on the back and you should find a loose cable which has the connector to fit in the contacts under the payout motor.

Edit: Looking closer at the picture you provided it could be that the cables have just been cut. Maybe the ends of those cables are nearby the place where the connector is fitted.

With this cable plugged in the payout motor should work the way it was designed for. Don't forget to fill balls in the top hopper.

This is a normal dongle mandatory for home play. Has nothing to do with the cyclic design of your machine.
    Really thanks for your help, but the problem is I didn't find any wire cut or loose wire from the pay out motor, and pay out motor wire link to another contact just next to the wire cut contact (see my attached new photo), I also find out a small contact above the pay out motor which didnt link to any cable (can directly see from my new attached photo, it is at vertical side. is this contact should link to the wire cut one? If you have the same machine, could you help send a picture for your machine this part details? I will really appreciate for that. This is my first pachiko machine, I learned a lot from this website. Thanks. before I was playing pachislot machine, I have three pachinslot machines in home.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post

Can you give any feedback on the play of this machine,
    I was looking at one on YJA but watching the sales video on youtube I wasn't sure. It seems a bit hmmmm shall I say girlie.
    super sea story
    I emailed Kiai about another machine earlier today. But any reports would be good
    You are right, many Japanese girls like to play this machine if they want to play pachinko, but it does not mean a man can not get fun from this machine. this game has three stages you can play with by choose the stage from the PUSH button, and many small games need you use the PUSH button, and screen is nice and has a great secret Super Chance function hidden in the LCD screen. after I played a lot fighting style pachinslot machine, then this pachinko machine will make you playing with relax, no pressure and fun. I would recommend you for this machine.

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

could you help send a picture for your machine this part details?
    No problem - see attachments. Hope these pictures are helpful. Couldn't resist to post a pic of the new dongle
    Last edited by Montana; 08-03-2010 at 01:37 PM.

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Montana

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No problem - see attachments. Hope these pictures are helpful. Couldn't resist to post a pic of the new dongle
    I really can't imagine you and this web site can help me that far, really thanks, so far my machine ball still didnt pay out, but I know it is one more step to the success, I attached a picture you take before, I cycled a cable mark as red color in your photo, could you tell me where this cable link to? This cable the other side link to where? Could you take a photo tell me this cable the other side contact? Also I attached other photo for my machine's modified pay out hole at the front up-tray, Could you also take same position photo for your machine, so I can know what's this machine pay out hole original looks like, then I may can find a way change it back. I wish I can get some ideas from your new photos, My machine some times can not cycle the ball well, some times the ball stop at the up tray pay out hole inside, I think they didnt modified well for this machine. I used to visit Germany at last Germany World Cup, and visited many cities as football stadiums located. Its a beautiful country. Thanks for your help

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think they didnt modified well for this machine.
    Yes it looks very "selfmade". But it is not only the payout hole which has to be modified for a cyclic design. On the back of the cell there will be an additional sort of ramp which leads from the balls exit to the payout hole. You will have to remove this too to get the original design back in order. You can easily detach the lower part of the electronics (it is locked on the left side and suspended on the right - like most modern machines). With this removed (loose some of the connectors) you will see what I mean. A picture of the payout hole of my machine will not help you because I just fixed it provisional.

This cable the other side link to where? Could you take a photo tell me this cable the other side contact?
    Actually I tried to follow the cable you marked already yesterday but did not find the place where it is linked to but I suspect that it will finally go in the connector under the payout motor which is shortcutted on your machine. So obviously they removed this cable on your machine. Maybe you can build a new one.

Its a beautiful country.
    Thank you I have been to Japan two times (Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto). It's even more beautiful! Hope to travel there again in the next year.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes it looks very "selfmade". But it is not only the payout hole which has to be modified for a cyclic design. On the back of the cell there will be an additional sort of ramp which leads from the balls exit to the payout hole. You will have to remove this too to get the original design back in order. You can easily detach the lower part of the electronics (it is locked on the left side and suspended on the right - like most modern machines). With this removed (loose some of the connectors) you will see what I mean. A picture of the payout hole of my machine will not help you because I just fixed it provisional.
    Thanks did cable searching for me, so far I only find my machine lost this cable by compare with your machine, I wish it really control the payout motor, however this is a special cable with two different kind plug at two cable end sides, its hard for me to find a same one on the maket, I will try made one by myself if possible and try test it tonight, wish can successful, I will post a feedback tomorrow if I success. I find the ramp you mentioned, even my payout motor works and take off the ramp, I still need fix the front up tray pay hole, because they cut some plastic from this pay hole as you can see my previous photo, the ball from up payout tray can not all coming to the pay hole after they cut the palstic. so I also need make a short ramp to let winning ball all coming to the payout hole. Anyway, this I think should be easier than the payout motor issue, I just worry if the payout motor has the problem before they sell this machine to me. Then even I link the right cable well, the pay out unit will still not work. Wish I can success at this time.
    Last edited by hanabi; 08-05-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: repaired quote

21. The following user says "Thanks" to tovictorliu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if I plug out the line cut off unit, when I start the machine, the backside up tray vibration motor will vibrate 5 seconds for initializing but payout motor will still not work even I put ball in to the middle winning hole at the front side. same time when the line cut unit plug out, the from door up light will turn red for a warrning.
    The cable which is missing on your machine only tells the payout motor to stop working when there are no balls in the top hopper. If this is shortcutted the payout motor will not do anything because it "thinks" all the time there are no balls to payout. If you remove this connector (as written in the quote) the payout motor actually works (it was vibrating for 5 seconds). But I think you forgot to fill the machine with balls. Or the balls were stopped by the bracket. Am I right? If so you don't have to build this cable but can test if the payout works this way:

- Disconnect the shortcutted connector
    - Fill the top hopper in the back with balls.
    - Check that the balls are not stopped by the bracket
    - Open the machine on front and drop a ball in the start pocket
    - See if prize balls are paid out - leave the front open so that the balls can drop out

Good luck!
    Last edited by Montana; 08-05-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture to show you what I mean with "bracket"...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Montana

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture to show you what I mean with "bracket"...
    I am failed at yesterday,Thanks for your picture, I knew this "bracket", I have already open this bracket before I fill the ball on the top, you are right, yesterday I made a cable link this shortcuted contact, it works,it just help detect top tray if has the ball or not and do nothing else. so the seller must shortcuted other cable to stop the payout motor, but from the machine back side, I clearly saw the cable link well between payout motor and the payout board. So I made a call to the seller this morning, he admit he modified three areas on this machine to make this machine cyclic, so payout motor will not work, but he confirm the payout motor is not broken, he just shortcuted some cable to make it not work, but he refuse to tell me which cable or area he made this change. I guess he doesn't want anyone learn his technical, he worry if some one learned how to change this machine to cyclic or back to regular, then some one can do the same business as him. So I am failed to change my cyclic machine back to normal so far. from my machine back picture, I saw right down corner of the machine back side he also short cut 2 cables, but I tested it , I think it just for eliminating the door error warnning light, If possible, could you take a photo for your machine whole back side, so I can check if he made any other change on my machine, I wish if some one can give me some idea how to make my payout motor works. Thanks , by the way I have another questions for the payout unit, my machine mention will payout 3,10,14 balls what is that mean? I only see 2 ball tunnels between the payout motor, how 2 ball payout tunnels pay out balls by 3 kind ways?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone, specially thanks Montana, finally the ball pays, 2 cables totally taken out from the pay out board. I DIY this two cables and make the switch on it. so it make me change back to cyclic or non cyclic easily.

Thanks above Germany friend Montana's instruction, I find the ball cyclic ramp on the borad back, and take it out easily.

The only problem is the payout hole structure changed at the machine front panel, does any one can show me a picture for its original looks?

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to tovictorliu