Thread: someone have this tulip? one ball open, two balls close it. need info..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default someone have this tulip? one ball open, two balls close it. need info..

In some thread Mopar mentioned a tulip which need one ball to open, and two balls in it to close it, instead of the one/one regular tulip.

Someone have a pachinko with this type of tulip? I would like if possible a couple of photo to know how they work, or maybe a describtion about how they are made compare to the regular one/one tulip.

Thank-you very much

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: someone have this tulip? one ball open, two balls close it. need info..

I think this might be the post you are thinking about..Post #2

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...tml#post360549

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: someone have this tulip? one ball open, two balls close it. need info..

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I think this might be the post you are thinking about..Post #2

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...tml#post360549
    Yup it's the one unfortunately Mopar no longer have this machine, so no pic possible..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I'm late to the party. Not much to it. One to open two to close.
    A small half barrel piece of plastic does the trick.
    Here's a short video

YouTube - REAR HIT 2 SHOT PACHINKO TULIP
    DON'T FEED THE

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to ebb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the party. Not much to it. One to open two to close.
    A small half barrel piece of plastic does the trick.
    Here's a short video

YouTube - REAR HIT 2 SHOT PACHINKO TULIP
    the "half barrel piece" is a 3 place drum like piece.. as each ball passes threw it roles one third of a revolution.. and its position dictates weather the tulip stayes open or closed..

thanks Ebb seeing it again proded my memory
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank-you very much ebb for the video and Mopar for the describtion, I must say that with the video, I didn't had any clue of what was going on hehehe, but with the three half barrel info, it make more sense, even if I still don't figure out the shape of the barrels hehehe..

I will have to buy one to be able to clone it, or someone ship one to me so I can clone the parts and reship it to him/her

so far, my vintage tulip cloning method is getting better heheheheh I've been able to reproduce them.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Never thought that people would clone sheep first, THEN pachi tulips!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If someone could describe the 3 place barrel, what is different in the open position than in the close position, it would be appreciate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    If someone could describe the 3 place barrel, what is different in the open position than in the close position, it would be appreciate

if ya watch the end of Brother Ebb's vid and look close at the sides of the 3 place barrel.. (think of it like a pop can crushed in on 3 sides at the same time... so the pachinko ball has a place to rest and pass threw.. but as the ball passes threw it forces the barrel to rotate on third of a turn)

2 of the 3 places of the barrel have sides so the wings of the tulip hit thouse sides and are not allwoed to close.. in the third position the sides are cut away allowing the tulips to close...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now that you mention it Mopar, I can see the side of the barrel.

Unless there's an other part involved, if I understand it properly, the side of the barrel keep the tulip closed, if the barrel was removed, the tulip would always stay open, the weight of it keeping it open. when the barrel rotate and the side of the barrel align under the tulip, it prevent the tulip from opening by itself. Do you think it is how it's work?

also, this tulip don't have a upper and lower back exit for the ball like the other tulip with the brass lever which open and close the tulip, right?

I'm not sure but it seem there's a metal plate on the back of the tulip, a bit like a lever. the ball fall on it every time. if you look at 0:25 you can see this flat plate going under the barrel. Is it use for any purpose? maybe position the barrel to the right position at the end of the cycle?

I must say it's look more tricky to make one from scratch than I thought.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by TilionMtl View Post
    Now that you mention it Mopar, I can see the side of the barrel.

Unless there's an other part involved, if I understand it properly, the side of the barrel keep the tulip closed, if the barrel was removed, the tulip would always stay open, the weight of it keeping it open. when the barrel rotate and the side of the barrel align under the tulip, it prevent the tulip from opening by itself. Do you think it is how it's work?

also, this tulip don't have a upper and lower back exit for the ball like the other tulip with the brass lever which open and close the tulip, right?

I'm not sure but it seem there's a metal plate on the back of the tulip, a bit like a lever. the ball fall on it every time. if you look at 0:25 you can see this flat plate going under the barrel. Is it use for any purpose? maybe position the barrel to the right position at the end of the cycle?

I must say it's look more tricky to make one from scratch than I thought.
    its really hard to say... the action in the vid is so fast... and the rotation of the barrel in relationship to the tulip wings is hard to know and see for sure..

but i think you got it down..

good luck with your project