Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UPS or Pachinko Pallace?

Utopia1dc

Default UPS or Pachinko Pallace?

Ok, tell me who I should be mad at? Today my ArraKing arrived. UPS pulls up and what do I see, a package that looks like it got drop kicked several times. A big whole in the front (looks like a foot or fist went through it). So I unpack it. Several scratches on the front (where box was torn). I inspect it, some loose screws (no biggie), the reels are loose (I can't seem to make them better, i tightened every screw I could get at). So then I play it. Most all of the reel lights are out! :cry:

So I sent an email to PP to find out why they do such a poor job of packaging. Thin box, only protection was foam on top and bottom. There was nothing on the front, back or sides. Nothing inside either. I am very disappointed. I am sure most of this is fixable. I have never changed lights on the reels, so I hope that's not to difficult.

So, who should I be mad at UPS or PP? Or myself, for expecting a product delivered and packaged properly? :-(

Thanks
    Thanks Received

why be mad at one when you can be mad at both :?:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To replace the lights you will need to remove the reel assm'y. How on that machine, I don't know, don't have one.

As to fault, both parties, not packed well and not handled well.

By now all Vendors should know that UPS & FEdex are not handling these large boxes well at all. You do need to raise the packing cost and save the machine and your nerves and the buyer.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Utopia1dc

I just got of the phone with Eric. He called me within a half hour of my email. He blames UPS. He has offered to take care of the situation. He will call me back tomorrow when he has more info for me. He even offered to send me a new machine, if that's what it takes. At least with all the problems it looks like he will stand behind his product. I just wish there was a better way to ensure that they are packed better and UPS (and FedEx) took better care of the packages.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've gotten four machines from Pachinko Pallace and the boxes were damaged and the foam pieces broken up on three of them. I think they need to use a heavier duty box and more packaging materials. I'm sure UPS and FedEx are hard on them, but they are heavy and bulky to handle. I know my FedEx guy doesn't like them. Although I have shown him the machines set up in the gameroom and he plans to get one himself now.

I have gotten one machine from Stealth and it was packed better. The machine was inside a carton that was packed inside another carton with foam.

I got my first machine from Valley Gaming (before I joined Pachitalk and read all the negative reviews). The packaging used by Valley Gaming was the best. They used lots of packaging materials and the box itself was much thicker than the boxes used by Pachinko Pallace and Stealth. So my experience with Valley was not bad. Although the reels are pretty noisy on that machine, the Twist.
    SpinLuck*DragonDice*BlackJack*LasVegas*TopGun*Twist*LuckyCat *Penquin Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My understanding is that to file a claim, you have to have had the machine double boxed and also used proper packaging material to protect it. You have to pack to expect it to be dropped from 6 feet. I use a double box system with a double wall 275 box on the outside and I've still had a couple of issues. Not double boxing is asking for trouble in my opinion. If the outside box breaks or tears there is nothing else between the machine and damage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think there has been an undercurent of dislike of the large & heavy machine by both UPS/FEDex employees and they are taking it out on our machines. I have seen it only getting worst.

Utopia1dc

I have to agree with Zcore (and I think Arby mentioned it in another post as well) that it seems to me that if they take a few extra minutes and a few more dollars in material (double boxing, foam, etc), that in the long run it would be cheaper on the vendors. PP is a highly recommended vendor and they give us the extra tokens, and (in my case here) they will stand behind their product...I just would rather avoid all the problems and pay a few extra bucks! Just my 2 cents! :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

all it takes is one fedex or ups employee who is having a bad day.

then when he has to handle a heavy box like yours---look out!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess, I've been lucky. I've received 3 machines from Eric, all basically flawless and no damage to the box at all. I think however that Arby and Syscom do a better job packing them.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stealth Packages their machines in double boxes and double patted foam, it was a great shipment! (Forme)
    "Listen, our practice will be different today. I want you to forget that I'm your master and use all that I taught you."

Utopia1dc

Eric called me back this morning. He is sending me out a new reels assembly (instead of the individual lights). Hopefully this should fix the problem. Even though I have experienced difficulty with this transaction...I am impressed with him calling me back (communication) in a prompt manner. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We're lucky to have a few vendors that really care about the product they send out and the people who are paying for them. Eric, Milt and Dan, while they are all in it to make a living, do care that we are happy as the buyers.

Also Arby, and Toonces and Zcore and a few of the smaller sellers on ebay care just as much too! 8-)

Utopia1dc

My new reel assembly just came via UPS...Wow that was fast, Eric must have shipped it out right after he talked to me yesterday? I will attempt to swap them out later tonight. It doesn't look too difficult. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

utopia its extremely easy it shouldnt take you any longer than 5 mins or so :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't put it in upside down or you will have to stand on your head to play.

Sorry, I bad, It will as RK said just a few minutes, put and take.

Utopia1dc

You're right, it only took a couple of minutes. It actually took me longer to figure out how to unhook the cables. It works fine and all the lights appear to work fine. I'll drop a couple 1000 tokens tomorrow and make sure everything is good. It looks a lot better now with all the lights working. :-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deb
    I know my FedEx guy doesn't like them. Although I have shown him the machines set up in the gameroom and he plans to get one himself now.
    I bet he chooses to have his shipped by UPS. :lol:

If you think these guys are bad, don't even think about using Airborne (are they still in business?). I went to pick up a package one day and had to wait while they unpacked the shipping container. My wife and I couldn't believe our eyes (and ears). These idiots were actually throwing packages 30-40 feet from the shipping container toward their trucks. I saw several large boxes that said "computer monitor," which were lifted out of the container and dropped to the ground from three feet or more and then there was a sound of breaking glass. Needless to say, I've never used them again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Airborne, of course means your packages are going from the ground airborne to the truck! With a few skips along the way. :wink:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DHL= Dumped Hard & reLoaded on truck :-(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast