Thread: New Vintage/Power Questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Vintage/Power Questions

Here we are again, but this time I got a working and some what clean vintage! (Well, after a couple hours of cleaning!)

I do have a couple of questions:

The game has a AA battery pack to power something...It requires 6 batteries and when I put the batteries in, it got extremely HOT. Is this a "miss wiring" problem (wrong + or - )? It appears to be wired only to the out of balls light, could that be possible? Their are other wires that don't appear to be connected, any ideas why? Is their a proper way to wire this type of game to a power source?
    Any idea what Akane translate to?

Thanks,
    MM!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to millermaster1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Vintage/Power Questions

it looks like you power source is hooked directly to the micro switch... when the switch is triped it is closing the circuit and creating a dead short causeing the bats to discharge at a rapid rate..

when i was a kid i used to burn my brother with a 9 volt and a paper clip dead shorting it and making it really hot... ya ya i know not very nice..

i would apply power to the block that says 8 volt there are 3 of the 4 plugs there... one for the ops one for the neg and one that would feed back to the parlor for low balls ..

see if that helps

your problem may be in the fact that some one hooked it direct to the low ball switch and now it may not work right???

soome vintage have two micro swich for low ball i would guess tha one is for the light and the other is not the parlor but that is a guess

Luck to ya
    Last edited by Moparformances; 07-10-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dont have this type of machine but looking at the sixth photo it looks as if the wires from the ball-out microswitch are bundled together with wires from the battery pack with electrical tape. Its kind of hard to tell in the photo. If those wires are all bundled together then that would be a direct short and yes, the wires would get hot pretty fast.

The microswitch should be wired "in series" with a bulb in the circuit. I also see some wiring running along the bottom of the feed hopper in back. Do those wires go to a bulb? Although I dont have this particular machine I would imagine the power only feeds ball-out lights and a jackpot light. Is there another microswitch down low near the jackpot mechanism?

One idea that might help us is to draw a diagram of how the wiring is currently laid out and post it here. We could figure out whats wrong with the current wiring.

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have attached a couple more photos that may help???

Right and White Wires go to the bulbs in the upper right corner (looking at the back)

Blue and White wires go to the 2 micro switches: Out of balls and Bottom left corner (photo 2)

There are a couple of other "tucked" wires in the board, probably something for the parlors?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not seeing the microswitch on the lower left as the wiring seems to run down the left side and disappear into the center machine. Can you see a switch in there?

Anyway, assuming the switch is adjusted properly and working you probably dont need to worry about that.

One thing is for sure. The ball-out microswitch is wired directly to that battery pack and needs to be removed. In fact you should just throw that battery pack away. If you look at the fuse panel you can see you have 2 plugs for a power source. One is 8v and the other 24v. Thats probably where the original power wires plugged in.

I'm almost certain that the wiring from the ball-out microswitch should be wired inside of that fuse panel.

Sorry to say that you probably still need to trace the wiring further (where they disappear into the machine) to give us better idea of how this is laid out. Unless of course another member has this machine and can give you a quicker response.

Once again, a drawing may be more helpful.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    I'm not seeing the microswitch on the lower left as the wiring seems to run down the left side and disappear into the center machine. Can you see a switch in there?
    Thanks for your help Microbus! The micro switch is hard to see...When looking at photo 2, left of the payout bell is where the second switch is.

I did take off the fuse and switch plate and this is how the wires layout:

AC24v: 1 red wire to fuse
    2 green wires going to, what I believe is 2 different parlor plugs.

8v: 1 red, 1 white and 1 black wire
    Black and White wires run to the 2 micro switches
    Red and Black run to the 2 bulbs that I can see
    I hope this helps a little more???

Anyone out there with a similar type of machine??

The good news..It's a fun game!
    Thanks,
    MM1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by millermaster1 View Post
    Thanks for your help Microbus! The micro switch is hard to see...When looking at photo 2, left of the payout bell is where the second switch is.

I did take off the fuse and switch plate and this is how the wires layout:

AC24v: 1 red wire to fuse
    2 green wires going to, what I believe is 2 different parlor plugs.

8v: 1 red, 1 white and 1 black wire
    Black and White wires run to the 2 micro switches
    Red and Black run to the 2 bulbs that I can see
    I hope this helps a little more???

Anyone out there with a similar type of machine??

The good news..It's a fun game!
    Thanks,
    MM1
    if it were mine i would provide 9 volts to the red and black leads...if not that one then try any other combinations.. no real feer in hurting it if ya hook it up wrong

but if someone has been playing with the wires then ya might have to really start from scratch and try and undo what ever was changed..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances