Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Olympia Pachislo - Won't switch out of odds mode

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Olympia Pachislo - Won't switch out of odds mode

it sounds like you have a bad connetion on the board side on the door you might try shorting the pins momentarily for the red to the yellow or the yellow to the black and see if you get a spin ..dont short the red to the black those are the main power wires . somewhere on the machine you should find a small pc card about 3x5 inches in it is a fuse check to see if its good .if not get a replacement the same size and try it again this fuse controls your stop buttons .you got it out of the setting mode once by playing with the connector so i doubt you fried any thing just sounds like bad connections your getting there slowly but surely and learning during the process good job ...
    Last edited by alstonj1; 05-31-2010 at 02:42 AM.
    Jeff

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a Pic of the Stop Board alstonj1 speaks of and the Fuse that is on it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

4. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

if not it will look more like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    if not it will look more like this
    The second image you posted is the one, the fuse is just fine though

I've tried connecting the yellow/red and the yellow/black on CN3 but still not a thing.

Something interesting i have found is that on CN2 (cancel) when i attached the switch to it, it goes into ready to use mode where i can add credits manually. BUT, after 3 seconds, it jumps right back out of it, engages the magnetic switch and wont allow me to add credits. If i attach the CN2 switch and pull it off immediately it will stay in the mode.

The cancel is the only function i can get to work, as far as the front buttons go, but only via manually crossing the wires at the pins. I cant try to see if the button works because like a said above if the switch is left on there, it will either kick it back out of the play mode, or if there are credits, will dispense them as a cancel.

I will try crossing the different combinations on CN3 while attaching the CN2(cancel) wires.

Any other ideas?! We're getting there!!

Thank you again for all your help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there are two modes for that switch first is the cash mode it will only accept 3 tokens then the selinoid opens and all others are dropped to the tray and its ready to spin (3 tokens is max bet). the other mode is the credit mode where it will take the same 3 tokens then allow you to build a bank of 50 more credits to operate from . at this point i suggest you unplug the machine then go through opening each connector and cleaning the contacts and plugging it back together all the way back to the mother board on the back of the machine .this still sounds like a dirty contact problem i really doubt its a bad board
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: Olympia Pachislo - Won't switch out of odds mode

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    there are two modes for that switch first is the cash mode it will only accept 3 tokens then the selinoid opens and all others are dropped to the tray and its ready to spin (3 tokens is max bet). the other mode is the credit mode where it will take the same 3 tokens then allow you to build a bank of 50 more credits to operate from . at this point i suggest you unplug the machine then go through opening each connector and cleaning the contacts and plugging it back together all the way back to the mother board on the back of the machine .this still sounds like a dirty contact problem i really doubt its a bad board
    Pachislo's are Very TOUGH.

Since Taking over AutoSlot in figuring out new Pachi's that have not had one developed for them I have FRIED Three of them.

In ALL Three Melt Downs of my Precious children, None of the Pachi's suffered any Damage.
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've worked on over 100 machines and the only burnt machines ive run into where those that where 24 volt with the standard 2 prong plug on them that people mistook for 110 ac . also a couple people that mistook their machines for an old video game and shorted their systems out trying to get a free credit mod. but they where few and far between .A few that people replaced defective transformers and put them in backward but in most cases it was a machine that was stored for a long time in a basement or attic in conditions that where much less than optimal to say the least . most are bad oxidized connections that need to be cleaned up to work . Very few have ever been burn ups especially in vintage machines their usually the most durable thats why they are vintage in the first place very simple machines run on the k.i.s.s. principal less crap to stop up the drain .In any case I still really doubt its a fried board.

Mitchell where are you located ?
    Last edited by alstonj1; 06-01-2010 at 01:35 PM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am afraid that someone messed with crossing wires to get credits. My brother 10 years ago said he made it spark somewhere around the coin mech. I do know it wasnt fully functioning back then. Though tonight I will clean all the connections thouroughly! Would a spark like that be something to fry the coin sensor?

I'm located in sunny San Diego, Ca

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So after a good cleaning, i turned it on, manually added 3 credits.
    Then i crossed the wires for a spin and it spun all three reels! But, no buttons were able to stop any of the reels!

Currently not able to do it again though..
    Last edited by Mitchell; 06-01-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes you can spray it directly on the plug then plug it in a few times to clean the contacts . do it on all the plugs on the door side as well.
    Jeff

14. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have only seen one fry (pachinko but still same thing electrically [sorta]) but it had been modified and damaged in shipping and then it was still just the one damaged board (but man did that board fry, sparks and plastic everywhere, then flames). These things are tuff and I am thinking it is just a bad connecting someplace.
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've cleaned all the contacts with the Deox spray.

I was able to add credits manually and get it to spin, but it will just continue in spin mode, no buttons or manipulation of the buttons made it able to stop them.

The fuse on the 3x5" board seemed just fine (straight line all the way acrossed) though i will change that next just in case it's burnt where i cant see it!

it seems like CN 3,4,5,6 and 9 are unresponsive to anything which are all the buttons i need up front, including the play knob for a proper reset.

Any other suggestions? I havent cleaned the connections on the 3x5" board yet. I did clean all the connections on the door and the top of the reel housing.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Mitchell

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on those cn3-9 pull off the plugs at the door side and test the pins with a volt meter between the black and the red pins and see what the voltage is there on each switch and let me know what you find . the problem is all the stop buttons are controlled by the stop card but the spin knob is not .
    Jeff

19. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does the Main "Motherboard" have LED's on it? If so an LED should light up or go out when each of the buttons / spin knob are pushed. If these are installed you can troubleshoot by pushing each of the items on the door and see if you get a change in the status of the LED lights.

Detailed Pic's of the wiring / CN Plugs on the inner door would be a big help in figuring this out. If you could trace each plug back to what operates it (reel stop buttons, spin knob, bet, token Acceptor, ect we can give you a more detailed troubleshooting path to take.

Take a GOOD look at that Stop Board and see if there are any Burnt components on it. In particular the Capacitors. They will start out with a "C" 1,2,3, ect.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Olympia Pachislo - Won't switch out of odds mode

I'm off work in a few hours and will be replacing the fuse on the spin board first thing!

I will take detailed pictures of all the connections close up as well tonight.

Thanks to everyone for your help on this!
    Mitchell

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've replaced the fuse but no change.

What i have found is after taking off all the CN connections, I can load credits and get the spin to activate. This happily turned on 2 out of 3 of the STOP lights. Ive tried every combination of button with stop connection to see if i could get one to stop a reel but nothing. It eventually has an auto stop.

Also exciting was to find that the reels were aligned and after spinning one time it landed on a payline for 10 tokens and it spit them out! On another attempt, the payline gave a free play which lit up the "replay" light and allowed a free spin.

So basically still no stops are working, and the token counter will not read a coin passing through the sensor.

I've looked carefully at the components on the 3x5 stop card and found only one oddity. On the largest blue "capacitor?" it looks like slightly heated from another component on the board. it only looks cosmetic and doesn't look at all like it's penetrated the piece.

Another thing i noticed was a VERY hot "capacitor" on the back of the door right next to one of the lights on the top right (it's no wonder why the top 3rd coin light is out) It may be normal but was hot enough to smell!

I tested the CN connectors on the back of the door with a voltmeter and everything has a signal.

A component on the 3x5 board bad? A sticky button?

We're getting closer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like you have either a stuck button or a shorted one . pull each off one at a time till every thing works except the one you have off then youll know which it is . I think your machine predates the leds on the mother board .(check your mother board it may have a bank of red leds they will light when the circuit is made up or broken .) but i think yours is to old for that so youll have to do it the old fashion way. once you find the bad one push the button in then use a paper towel soaked in windex to wipe out the inside of the switch while its pressed in. do this a few times and press it in and out then hook it back up and try it.wont be long now your getting there.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've cleaned all the front buttons and they dont show any sign of sticking.

I think there may be wires crossed in the switches somehow because to activate the spin, i have to have CN4 disconnected (top button i think to bet credits?) additionally to light up the stop lights I need to disconnect CN2 and CN4. I just got the middle stop light working with some wiggling

Well i will be checking for suggestions this weekend but will be up in Big Bear, Ca riding a zip line this weekend! Wife said i couldn't bring the machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The stop switches now work individually right when i attach the plug. So definetly crossed lines or something with the switches.

Shouldnt be hard to get these working now. The only lingering problem i see is the token sensor not registering anything.

Can the sensor be replaced? The wiring is all good seeing as how I can manually add credits.

Appreciate the input!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sure it can . you can remove the sensor (by sensor i mean the electronic sensor alone not the coin mech alot of units use the same sensor but not the same coin mech) and post detailed pictures of it from all sides and see if any one has an extra like it .also see if it has a part # on it and look on the web .if you cant find the direct part you can replace it with micro switches since you now know the switching . or you can modify an existing coin op thats close to your design . there are numerous options just think alittle out side the box .you've almost got it you've come along way and you've got a right to be proud of that ...
    Last edited by alstonj1; 06-05-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    Jeff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast