Thread: First day here. Vintage sanyo comet 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First day here. Vintage sanyo comet 2

Hello all, this is my first day here and I am very new to the Pachinko world. My father purchased a Sanyo Comet 2 long before I was born and it went into storage when he passed. I recently dug it out mostly for the thrill of looking at it. I know nothing about these machines just that they were some sort of japanesse gambling device (if I am mistaken forgive me). All of the mechanical components on the back appear to be in working order, I dont have any balls to test it though. I was also curious if anybody manufactures replacement parts for these machines. Part of the plastic on the front on broken ( i belive its the ball catch but could be wrong). If anybody is an expert on these Id appreciate any info available.

Rich

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to unibal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First day here. Vintage sanyo comet 2

welcome to pachitalk Rich! you couldnt find a more friendlier group!
    I am unable to help but there are some who can direct you into buying the right balls
    , and anything else you may need
    Last edited by beachcat; 05-25-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

post a few pics of it and any close ups of the area's your having touble with.. i have a few parts from a machine i parted... other do as well...

im not one to part machines unless there total junk.. so parts are sometimes hard to find... broken front plastic is one of thouse things that can be hard to locate.. not impossable just hard..

Welcome to Pachitalk

hear is a fair price on balls and a portion of your sale goes to support this site

500 Pachinko Balls - Engraved (Auction ID: 2810, End Time : Jul. 14, 2010 1955) - PachiTalk.com

ya will have to registar for the auction site.. the mods ask that u use your same login for the auction site as well..

good luck and were all looking forward to thouse pics
    Last edited by Moparformances; 05-25-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As soon as you can get some detailed photos loaded we can start the process of figuring out what you have and how to make it new.

And...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Sanyo Comet II, they are great machines!!

As mentioned, pics are very useful to help the members offer the correct advice, especially a pic of the front, the rear and broken part, our Members are very sharp eyed and will be able to see if any parts are missing or needing adjustment

If you are unsure how to post pics here, this link will help how to post a pic

Good Luck and welcome to PachiTalk!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

9. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome
    --

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definitely post some pictures for us to see.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All here goes my first attempt at uploading pictures. We shall see if this works. And I apologize in advance for the phone pictures, I just moved and havent been able to find my camera yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (18.9 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (24.6 KB, 67 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (21.4 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (21.2 KB, 69 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (29.9 KB, 69 views)

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to unibal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since the pictures seemed to have uploaded just fine I will post a few observations from my untrained pachino eye.

There are wires on the back though I can figure out why as I dont see any power source nor where one might be missing.

The lever on the bottom right seems to work though nothing happens when I use it. There are balls in the back of the machine in a track or hopper that I cant figure out to make progress through the machine.

As I said I know next to nothing about these machines but I do have some basic mechanical knowledge. I dont see any place on the back of the machine that suggests anything is missing and everything that is there appears to be connected and working. Which makes it extra confusing as to why its not working.

One last note. There is a metal rod on the bottom right hand side of the machine that doesnt move or appear to be designed to move. Is this a hand hold perhaps?

Well thats all for me for the night and thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by unibal View Post
    All here goes my first attempt at uploading pictures. We shall see if this works. And I apologize in advance for the phone pictures, I just moved and havent been able to find my camera yet.
    Ohhhhh man, tough luck!!

The front feed tray is missing. Not something you can do without!! Finding one for a Comet 2 wont be easy.

I'm not sure if a feed tray from another Sanyo (non Comet 2) would fit. I can see if I have a non Comet 2 for photo reference. Maybe other members here can help with parts.

It might be a good idea to start looking at Craigslist for a parts machine or use yours for parts.

Keep this thread alive and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since the pictures seemed to have uploaded just fine I will post a few observations from my untrained pachino eye.

There are wires on the back though I can figure out why as I dont see any power source nor where one might be missing.
    the power source is something you will need to provide.. allot of members us a 9 volt battery.. I prefer a wall wart

aaa wall wart.jpg

as for where to hook it up i would need a bit better set of pictures as i have not owned a commet II myself.. but others hear have them and could help out with there own pics??

The lever on the bottom right seems to work though nothing happens when I use it. There are balls in the back of the machine in a track or hopper that I cant figure out to make progress through the machine.
    Pachinko's have several defaul mech points.. the first one is at the top hopper (back side) it that hopper does not have enought weight / balls in it to to hold that lever down the machine will not allow a player to shoot balls.. allot of people will by pass this and a few other safty features... the problem is that when the machine is out of balls in the top hopper (back side) there are no more balls to pay out in a jackpot and taht is when ball jams start to occure with in the back side of the machine.. as your machine has now..

As I said I know next to nothing about these machines but I do have some basic mechanical knowledge. I dont see any place on the back of the machine that suggests anything is missing and everything that is there appears to be connected and working. Which makes it extra confusing as to why its not working.
    a bit hard to see but you back looks to be mostly there ( i think i see the center jackpot cover may be missing.. some machines will spill balls (during a jackpot pay) if it is missing.. some work just fine with out... (again i have not owned one so this is inknowen to me)

One last note. There is a metal rod on the bottom right hand side of the machine that doesnt move or appear to be designed to move. Is this a hand hold perhaps?
    yes it is a hand hold or rest.. it makes it easy to shoot consistantly once your up and playing..

Well thats all for me for the night and thanks for the warm welcome
    as stated above your front hopper is broken and or missing.. that is a big bummer... if your willing to spend some money i know the parts are out there.. but with out that tray playing your machine is not going to work as intended..

I have posted a few Videos that are listed as in the top of the vintage section.. if ya watch them threw it will give ya some insite on how a Pachink plays and works...

hear is a link to Model "B" http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html this one is the closest one to your type of machine..

good luck and stick with it.. not only will ya get this one up and running.. he will have brothers and sisters soon
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances