Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CustomPachinko.Com A++++

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CustomPachinko.Com A++++

Well time for another review of my latest pachinko buying experience at Custompachinko.com

This time around I wanted 3-4 machines on custom order. There are pictures on a different thread for any who missed them.
    ALSO on other thread you can see pictures of my totally destroyed basement due to a hotwater bursting and me NOT catching it in time...

Just like the first time, I emailed Frank a list of pachis that I wanted. He checked out the pricing and 2 of the machines I asked about were STILL too much money,
    for any interested they are Godannar and Yamato CR3... This left the 3 I wanted for sure and one that would depend on how much money I had left!
    So I ordered the 3 and they came in. As usual Frank let me pay in installments. To my surprise he also imported the 4th machine in SHOULD I want it. He posted
    it for sale just in case I could not swing it.

Well I ended up paying for the 3 and decided I could swing the 4th one...
    THEN the basement happened... Frank has a new storage facility and needed the machines I paid for picked up so the move could be completed.
    I ended up deciding that I wanted the 4th one BUT I was a little shy on money and needed an extra week or 2 to pay for it. Frank let me give him a $100
    cash deposit and a check that I signed to be cashed a certain date and he was more than happy to do that! I was short because of starting to pay my contractor
    myself while waiting on my insurance company...

I get to his place and 3 of the machines were all set up and ready to run when I got up there. He did not know that I was going to take the 4th at that point!
    I talk him about the 2 part way to pay and he even tossed in +/- 1000 balls with it! I also brought up the issue what happened with Takethecastle57 ( TTC57 from now on).

Frank said he makes sure the machines are clean looking and running. He also said in order to give the cheapest prices he does not have the time/expense to at the sale price to thoroughly clean each and every track of every machine.
    Plus it also makes sense, the older the machine, the dirtier the tracks are etc. it's to be expected. It is also expected that the machines should not be filthy too! My machines were around 2008-2009 year vintage and some of the tracks were a bit dirty but all of the machines worked fine. He told me that if anybody was worried and wanted extra cleaning he was considering an extra cleaning service for those worried. That seems a good compromise to me, not 100% eat off clean but at least clean enough with areas that MAY need a little work to make perfect. If you can give a machine a perfect cleaning for a service charge that seems like a fair balance. My machines were about 95% there, and to be honest the one from 2009 Yatterman was just about at 100% and I was more than happy! I personally can clean my own ball tracks if needed and I worry more about the machine working. I can tell you from my S-P purchases, Frank's machines as a whole, were a LOT cleaner! But that has been my experience and that is all I can go by. I have no idea if he will offer this service though, we just talked about it. I also told Frank and he agreed if he was going to charge for an extra cleaning, people were going to expect it was going to be as good as it gets.

As usual emails and contact was always prompt and fast. But this time when I got home, the one machine home that was not tested, THAT was the one that did not work right. It starts up, the animetronics work fine BUT I have a TOTALLY black video screen!
    I emailed Frank and he promptly appologized and wished he had turned it on for me but it was boxed up and I took it that way. He gave me a choice of 2 options, one of him trying to fix it or another machine off his shipment coming in! He never doubted the machine was busted from the start and was truly upset over it because of inconvinience to me, and NOT himself!

So in a nutshell it came down to this:

1.Fast email replies
    2.Great custom ordering and pricing
    3.Installment payments
    4.Understanding of personal issues and working with me YET again
    5.Tossing of 1K balls for free at the last minute
    6.Deposit plus a signed check and letting me take a pachi
    7.Swift and fair handling of a problem!

Almost anything can happen in a transaction but for a 2nd time Frank made it a great buying experience by handling a bad pachi and getting me what I wanted at the price I wanted to pay.
    I will go back to the well a 3rd time when I can afford too. This makes 2/2 for me.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I finally made it out to Frank's new warehouse location to make the change for the machine I talked about above!It was a Mah Jong Ex Heiwa 2008 for those curious. Its this one and the Newgin link STILL works! http://www.newgin.co.jp/pub/machine/...vie/index.htmlIt's actually a really nice machine with a lot of animetronics etc. but when you get it home and all you see is a DEAD LCD you know its not going to be able to be fixed... ( no lose wires etc.)I took it out and showed Frank that it was a totally dead video screen and he already had out an Eva 6 like we discussed... He also had out a Matrix Pachi...I have seen all the pictures posted here, the reviews and a whole lot of youtube vids! BUT it was always at price that could never afford...As I was watching the coming attraction screen for the Eva 6 I kept glancing over to the New and Shiny Matrix too...I asked Frank if he would turn it on and the usual warnings went until we found the reset button and loaded some balls into it...I was like OH MY... This looks 1000's of times better than the youtubes I had seen etc. I mean I was impressed before, do NOT get me wrong...The 3D effects are totally amazing and need to be seen in person! I was mesmerized looking at it, I mean I liked the Eva 6 and all and BUT...Then came the question of cost and IF I could do it...Frank took out his computer with his spreadsheet of inventory etc. and then said it was a big hassle for you to get out here, the price of the Matrix has come down a littlebit since the last time let me see what I can do, he then did some fast mental math and give me a number that I did not think it would come out at... The Bottom line was a number that was very, very fair to me and that I could afford!!! I said sold, I wrote out a check, he helped me box it up and then carried it to me car and helped me load it up.The Highlights of this transaction were the following:1. Even though I had to travel a little further it was an easy exchange process2. The Machines I was looking at were all super clean and Frank said I could really have any of them with an adjustment If necessary.3. He fully tested the machine out for me to make sure I would NOT have any hassles! ( I did post pics as soon as I unboxed it )4. He worked out, IMHO, a more than fair adjustment in price that made it impossible for me to say no too and so I did it!5. I do realize that there are no perfect sellers or transactions at all times. I know that TTC57 had a less than stellar experience and I wish those did not happen but they do. All I can say is once again Frank MORE than went out of his way to make sure I was happy after the bad experience I went through. 6. He also made sure to let me know he would do his best to price match in the future and told me he would not always be able to but to at least make sure I give him a shot. To me that is a good retailer knowing that while he may not always be able to get you what you want he will at least do his best for you!7. He turned an unpleasant unhappy event ( dead pachi ) into something I am MORE than happy with!In the end it all worked out and when I am ready there will be more to come!

4. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Howdy Folks

While searching for youtube videos of the Gremlin Pachinko I came across the Gobblecon 2010 videos and Custom Pachinko machines are featured in it !!

Last edited by takethecastle57; 03-08-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

6. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recently bought a Matrix Pachinko from Custom Pachinko and it is a beauty! I was packed VERY well and arrived in pristeen shape. All of Frank's machines arrive
    plug and play ready, a door key, pachinko balls, ball tray and feet if wanted installed. Custom Pachinko is the way to go for great machines.

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess I will be the one to put a kink in this thread . I custom ordered 2 machines from Custom pachinko for the first time on this last order. I ordered a Mask pachinko, and a Gladiator evolution machine. First the Gladiator I ordered was in a Black frame (even recieved pics of the machine that came in from Japan) When I got the machine it was in a white frame with hot pink trim. Not what I was expecting since I really wanted a black frame. The packaging was pretty beat up when I got it. I would have liked to see what it looked like when it was shipped because if fed-ex is treating these things like the way I recieved both machines they need to really get it together. Second recieved the Mask machine the outer box on this one was comming apart when they left it on my doorstep packaging peanuts and pachinko balls falling out. Pulled out the machine powered it up and thank god it works perfectly. Apparently the ziplock bag that the pachinko balls were in came open during shipment and were scattered everywhere. I even had to pick them out from in between the circuit board blocks in the back of the machine. Those probably could have been secured a little better from the start. I contacted Frank about the color difference in the Gladiator and said it must have been packed wrong by an employee. Frank appologized for the confusion but I am left with a white frame. He did get me the machines I wanted for the most part but I feel quality control is in order. I have purchased several other machines from slot-pachinko and they use 200lb test cardboard shipping boxes and heavy duty foam strips around the machine to protect it. Out of all the machines I have ordered from them so far have been the exact machine with no issues...clean and intact.

Funny, my experience from what I have read on the forums have been almost exactly opposite of what most people have experienced from both sellers.

I appreciate what Frank does and especially that you can get newer machines and do custom orders. I just think there needs to be a little tweaking done to make it perfect.
    Last edited by awassig; 08-22-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Always good to hear both sides! I would definitely give Frank a try...IF I was willing to pay what a premium pachinko costs. I have 1 modern, and quite frankly...I don't get it. Maybe my model is just a . I am sure a high end premium model like The Matrix would change my mind. If I lived even a couple of hours away from a vendor with a showroom...or was willing to show off a few models, I would go see and play something that would "enlighten" me. But for now, I will continue to enjoy, and seek more vintage, and antique machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sad to say, Fed Ex doesn't take the most care in handling the packages. For that matter, I have yet to encounter a shipping company that does. These boxes are big, heavy and awkward, and no shipping company likes that and they make it known in the way they handle it. If you think what you received was beaten up, you don't want to see how it would've been had it come through UPS.

I also ordered from Frank in this last order and instead of picking it up, I had it shipped instead. When I received the machine, the outer box was kind of rough and also had packing peanuts leaking out. The inner box was perfect and didn't have any damage to it. When I opened the inner box, I also had pachinko balls rolling around and the bag had split. Honestly, I didn't think anything of it and actually expected it because of the size/weight of the box.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Ripweade

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I had only ever ordered from Custom pachinko then I wouldn`t have thought anything of it, but I have used Blue hotaru, and Slot pachinko also. I picked up my machine from Blue Hotaru since it was local, but had the 3 I ordered from slot pachinko shipped. The box they shipped them in was rated at 200lbs and didn`t have but a couple of slightly dented corners on it when I recieved it. Also the pachinko balls were in sealed packaging that did not come loose during shipment. There are better shipping materials out there but the problem is that they are expensive and cut into profit. I am very happy with the machines I recieved from Frank. I was just dissapointed by not getting the right color frame and the condition of the packaging once it arrived.

With that said I would order from Frank again I like his ever changing selection of machines and the ability for custom orders.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope you enjoy your machines, even with the minor disappointments

せぶん戦闘機 せぶん

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am lucky enough to have been able to pick up my machines from Frank Directly and ALL of them work EXCEPT The one... Frank made good on it though
    it cost me another trip so I was happy in the end. Slot-Pachinko DID pack them amazingly well and all 4-5 I got from were NEVER damaged...

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2