Thread: Yamato, Hasshin!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamato, Hasshin!!

So I got home tonight and found a note from FedEx that there was a nice heavy box in my backyard. The rain had been pouring down all day but luckily he double bagged it so there were no issues.

A few things to note with this frame... heavy as hell compared to a lumina, the outer frame sides are metal not wood, and the case seems to be stuffed much tighter with boards, cables, and other goodness.

Jeff(KimbaWLion) had given me a heads up that this was a fun game for us spaceboat fans - WOW was he spot on. The game does a great job of providing non-reach interruptions to keep you paying attention and the audio is perfect at the lower settings (volume knob built in).

The feed hopper design is much better engineered and you don't run into any jams(not that it occured a lot on the Lumina, but it did happen). There is sadly no overflow tray so keeping a regular one handy is a good idea as the hopper fills pretty fast.

The frame lighting is cool, but seems a little uneventful during regular gameplay. This is where the Lumina frame did a great job of color cycling to draw attention to the game.

The transformer looks a bit more bulky than the ones Hiro used, but S-P had to staple in a strip of 1x3 to screw it to. That was in turn stapled to the feet which were, yup you guessed it, stapled to the frame from the top and bottom. One of the feet came off in shipment (odd considering the 2.5" staples). This in turn caused the 1x3 to break off with the transformer in tow. I was able to get the other foot off and found a spot to tuck the transformer in the frame itself so all the extra junk is gone and I was able to evict Eva2 and pop it in my one complete cabinet.

The frame is only very slightly dirty but nothing beyond what it picked up in a container for a few weeks and a Parlor for a year. I think with a little 409, some Novus, and some Qtips she should look like new.

Some images below, but I put more including hi-rez here on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamato, Hasshin!!

I am glad you like as much as I like mine! My 16 year old daughter gets mad at me because she has the Yamato theme in her head! I DID go out and buy the NEW cd single for the 2009 anime movie done by The Alfee to help her along...

I guess I was lucky as both my feet were intact and I have not made a cabinet to house mine. Its a fun machine and it just rocks! Glad your was spot on! and MAYBE one of these says I will get a Kodai and Yuki Picture with Yuki being happy...
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to KimbaWLion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yea, still no happy picture here either, I saw what you mean about timing the chance button to Okita's countdown for the WMG. Analyzer is up to his old peverted robot routine I see, poor Yuki -

The CGI is great and it looks like the game has plenty of secrets to find this weekend.

BTW Does anyone have a frame manual for a Fuji Ovalone?
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Stu
    The photo below shows what I'm using for ball collection.
    Maybe a setup like this might make it more comfortable playing your Yamato, since it doesn't have an overflow tray.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to mbodi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very slick! Glad to see some New England ingenuity at work!
    Stu www.animemecha.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you ever buy cells for this frame, you gonna love the way you change them.. only open the front door, turn the two locks (top and bottom right) then pull the cell, then insert the other one and turn the locks in locking position. No connectors, the cells are self connecting disconnecting

10. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I take it that's the small red knobs I can see above and below the cell? That's pretty slick!
    Stu www.animemecha.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I Just got mine in this Tuesday. This game is a crackup. I love the bits with Analyzer. Especially the hallway chase. I noticed in your pics that your right hand shock cannon barrel looks noticably dimmer than the other two. I have the same issue. I thought this was a problem with my machine, but looking at your pics, it just might be the design of the product.

I almost tore down the entire frame to try and find the "fault" and it looks like this is a design issue.

I'm trying to figure out a way to attach a gaku counter right now. It looks like I'm gonna have to modify the exit chutes from the payout computer so that all the balls go down one chute so that I can count them. Currently the payout motor pays out two separate lanes and the counter can't count both lanes.

Sadly I also miss a bottom over flow tray, but the top tray holds so many balls it's amazing. I also noticed that the jackpot supply tray seems low for a machine like this. The Lumina hold many more balls. But since the payout computer keeps track after it's empty, it's still all good.

I hope to get the counter installed over the weekend. I'll post pics as soon as I got it working.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...