Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for my first machine...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Looking for my first machine...

Okay, so I plug the snap connector in, trigger a jackpot, and it does nothing. I wire the light directly to the ball empty light. Nothing. I wire it to a jackpot light. That worked. But, there is a wire that looks like it was soldered somewhere that's just hanging, the far right wire on the picture of the back.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, bigger problem. Now it doesn't launch balls. The thing that kicks the balls in front of the launcher isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

like was said earlier ,you need to have enough balls in the upper hopper to play .when the hopper goes empty ,there is a metal flag which closes and won't allow any balls to go from the shooter tray into the mechanism .

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where is this flag located? I can open the bottom part of the machine, I can't see where it is?

Just fill up the top hopper with balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the balls travel down the path twards the shooter.. just befor the balls enter the machine is the location of the flag.. ya should be able to see it thew the front window.

weight from the balls in the top hopper lifts the flag and allows balls to advance the rest of the way to the shooter

Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You mean the metal piece near the counterweighted arm that kicks the ball into the shooter area? I don't see a piece that could move...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    You mean the metal piece near the counterweighted arm that kicks the ball into the shooter area? I don't see a piece that could move...
    check the video out hear

at about 45 seconds into the video.. that is the flag we are talking about and how it works

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, here's what I see when I open up the front, what is what? Can this be solved by just getting more balls?
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tupin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more thing: All of the lights work, but they don't activate when their respective leaf switches are tripped. There's one wire, like I said is just hanging and I have no idea where it goes.

I also had to correct the leaf switch orientation to make sure that the ball empty light would light when there were no balls, rather than when there are full balls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One more thing: All of the lights work, but they don't activate when their respective leaf switches are tripped. There's one wire, like I said is just hanging and I have no idea where it goes..
    can ya post a pic.. if the lights work but ya have extra wires.. can ya post a pic? prople add wires to make other things happen.. others have connected both lights to the jackpot so there is more going on during a jackpot... these things make it hard for a newby to get it working

I also had to correct the leaf switch orientation to make sure that the ball empty light would light when there were no balls, rather than when there are full balls.
    some times that happens i have seen it myself a few times.. wires get bent... leaf switchs get bent too..

sounds like your geting the hang of it

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Figured it out, just need to resolder a point. Now I need help with the ball launcher. I push up the thing that drops a flag and it still doesn't launch.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check the ball release process.

While these machines appear to be one big mechanical wonder, they actually work in a series of small processes. The trick here is to think in small steps and it helps reduce the confusion and it becomes less intimidating.

Now.. to your problem. There are several processes that can prevent the balls from being positioned to launch. First is the most common which is the empty hopper process that simply blocks more balls from entering the shooter area BUT does allow for the remaining (usually 4 or 5) balls to be shot. I think you have already seen how this process works and now realize this isn't where your problem is.

Ball loading process: To insure only one ball is loaded at a time into the shooter there is a series of processes that occurs. First, one of the balls rolls down along a rocking track in the door and into a 'on deck' position. Then another ball is allowed down the rocking track and waits to move into the 'on deck' position but blocks subsequent balls from rolling in. Now the 'on deck' ball is moved into the shooting position through a series of levers that is activated when the flipper handle is pulled down. This works like this... As the flipper is pulled downward, a wire is rotated agains a lever that 'reaches' inside the door area and raises the 'on deck' ball which then rolls into the shooting position. So.. if this wire is not positioned correctly this process will not happen. This is the ball release process and where I suspect your problem lies.

One other process could affect this as well. Inside the winning ball dump into the lower tray there is a lever that is activated when the lower tray is completely full. This 'overflow lever' this pushes agains the previously described 'on deck' lever and prevents more balls from being allowed into the 'on deck' area. Thus is a player is winning a lot and fills up the top and bottom trays, the machine stops play to prevent a jam. If the wires and levers associated with this process is not positioned correct (or stuck in a bad position) then no balls will be loaded.

As you can see, while it looks really simple and there are not a lot of components to the shooting process, there are several processes that must work properly for the shooter to work as it should. Look at the follow thread. While it's not the same machine as yours, the ball loading process is probably very simliar. While the thread talks about several things on this machine, there are good photos at the very first with arrows drawn to show the ball loading process wire that I speak of. The last post by me shows the machine once it was fixed.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...s-vintage.html

Good luck and I hope this helps!
    Rusty
    Rusty Key

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All works, woo!

Sometimes the jackpot release lever, after paying out, stays up instead of moving, and I've found out that's because a single ball often goes down to the pivot point and keeps the lever pressing against the light...

But other than that, it's all good.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tupin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All works, woo!

Sometimes the jackpot release lever, after paying out, stays up instead of moving, and I've found out that's because a single ball often goes down to the pivot point and keeps the lever pressing against the light...

But other than that, it's all good.
    Congrats to ya

feels great to get a machine all up and running... ya found your next one yet???

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I want a modern one next...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I want a modern one next...

Any suggestions?
    only one

Blue Hotaru, Pachislo Japanese skill stop slot machines, pachinko machines, and accessories.

you wont be disapointed

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2