Sven the sheep..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Sheep Game

OMG, I'd forgotten about Sven!!

Has anyone tried Saving Private Sheep..It looks fun, but is it worth the $3??

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Sheep Game

I just noticed that Saving Private Sheep is only $.99 instead of $2.99..so I spent some of my iTunes money and got it..I will report back on if its good or not!!

But the reason I opened this thread was to post a new game I found that looks fun, but I don't think it's out yet!!

YouTube - Leap Sheep

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Another Sheep Game

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post
    I just noticed that Saving Private Sheep is only $.99 instead of $2.99..so I spent some of my iTunes money and got it..I will report back on if its good or not!!

But the reason I opened this thread was to post a new game I found that looks fun, but I don't think it's out yet!!

YouTube - Leap Sheep
    First, it looks like Leap Sheep came out earlier this week..It's $1.99..

Leap Sheep! for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Sorry it took so long for a review, but I got distracted by Angry Birds which everyone sould buy, BTW...There is a Lite version too that even has its own achievements..its free, go get it!!

Ok, back to Saving Private Sheep..This is a great game..It is still 99 cents and they just added 60 new levels to the already 87 original levels..all for a buck, not bad!!

About the game..lets see..The goal is to get your sheep to land on the grass..depending on how fast you complete a level and how many moves it takes you, you will get a score and either a gold, silver or bronze medal for each completed level!! If you like achievements then you'll be glad to know SPS uses OpenFeint!!

How to play...

I will try to explain along with my screen shots!!

Ok, menu screen..press PLAY..that was easy!! For the 60 new levels..press NEW!!

Once you push PLAY you will be taken to a map screen..The arrows at the top will take you to other maps..you unlock more maps by completing maps..each flag is a level, touch it to play..If you haven't completed a level the flag will have a wolf on it..if the flag is orange its an "easy" level and if its red its a "hard" level..Although some "easy" ones seemed really hard and vise versa!! Once you get through a level the flag will turn green with a sheep on it and will show the medal you got for the level!!

Here is what a level looks like..Time-Moves-Medal(the one you would get if you completed the level right now is highlighted)-Level Reset-Pause/Menu...Your sheep starts out as a pentagon shape..You can touch to destroy/remove any wood (or Ice) object (that isn't covered in grass or snow) and TNT..Get your sheep safely to the grass to win..If he falls off wolves eat him If he flies off the board or gets stuck somewhere..try again..Less moves equals better medals and scores..Very few levels need a super fast time for gold but less time will get you a higher score, but the time is not something you usually have to pay much attention to!!

You can see here I got through the level in 8 seconds in 4 moves and got a gold medal!! Boxes, Ice and TNT that breaks because stuff lands on it or blows it up does Not count against your turns..only stuff you touch to destroy counts as a turn..1 touch 1 turn!!

Here is the screen that comes up right after you finish a level showing how you just did..

Here are some shots showing some more complex levels..Timing your moves is critical on some levels..Here you can also see the difference between where you need to land and 2 other grass covered platforms that if you land on it doesn't count!!

Here you can see metal objects which you can't destroy but you still need to figure out how to move or use them to complete the level!! Another note..TNT will Not kill a sheep but can blow a sheep off the screen, so be careful!!

Now to our last pic and a few things I haven't mentioned yet!! Its not always just 1 sheep you need to save and sometimes there aren't any sheep on a level to save!! Yes, some levels will have several sheep you need to save all at once!! And sometimes it may be a wolf in sheeps clothing that you need to NOT save!! Wolves must end up off the screen where their fellow wolves will accidentally eat them!! If they end up on the land they will eat everyone!! There is nothing like not noticing that its a wolf and spending a lot of time to save him just to see him get out his knife and fork at the end So always be on the lookout for those ears!! As you can see here, there are also mixed levels..To win this level, the 3 wolves need to go down the hole between the 2 platforms at the bottom and the 3 sheep need to end up resting on either of the 2 grassy platforms at the bottom!! One last thing you can see here is ice..Ice breaks like wood but 1 touch will only weaken it..You'll need to touch it again to break it..And yes, each touch is a move, but sometimes you only want to weaken it!!

Well thats about it..Definitely worth a buck...And yeah, probably worth $3 too, especially with the new free levels!!

So go buy it..if you have any questions feel free to ask!!

PS, don't forget to get Angry Birds too!!

9. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Saving Private Sheep - iPhone App & Review

Saving Private Sheep has been FREE all day, get it before its gone!!

Tiki Totems Premium is free right now too..GET IT!!

If you like one of these games you'll like the other one..I paid for both and it was worth it!!

So click the links and GET THEM!!

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Another Sheep Game

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneiss View Post

YouTube - Leap Sheep
    I noticed today that Leap Sheep is free!!

Leap Sheep! HD for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Saving Private Sheep - iPhone App & Review

Just a small Saving Private Sheep update for all iOS4.1 users..If anyone cares!!

There was an update yesterday that switched SPS from Open Feint to Apples own Game Center for stats and achievements...It seems pretty sweet...this is the first game I have on Game Center and so far so good!!

And for a short while yesterday I had the 4th highest world wide all time SPS score..

Until everyone else got the update..

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss