Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: euromat miniature pinball? anyone near quebec?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default euromat miniature pinball? anyone near quebec?

PachiTalk

chewy's motto: life is plumbing

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: euromat miniature pinball? anyone near quebec?

MudFud, do you want it, my parents live near there, I can contact them, arrange a pickup and send it to you if you want it.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wow, tilion! that's quite an offer.

I just emailed the seller to see the size and weight. if it's not too much more than a pachinko to ship, I will definitely take you up on it.

you're not interested yourself?
    PachiTalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I'm interested??? well...

I'm better not looking at it..

heheheh

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the IPDB link with the extra pics

The Internet Pinball Machine Database
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: euromat miniature pinball? anyone near quebec?

Do machines like this one ever turn up in the UK?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hennaoj View Post
    Do machines like this one ever turn up in the UK?
    I can't say that I have noticed one the same as this

but it is German and quite a few German and European machines do end up on UK eBay, like the Novomats, Rotamints, Beromats, etc

I will certainly post one if I see it

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've played it in a pinball hall near by.
    I don't find it very interesting to play
    But for collectors...
    Greetings from Germany, Olli

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to ollium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK. so I am getting closer to getting the euromat.

tilionmtl was kind enough to help me pick it up, so it should be heading across the continent soon.

he played it and found it to be pretty fun. I will let him post details, as he really examined it well. I can hardly wait.
    PachiTalk

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As Mudfud said, I picked up the Euromat for her and will package it for shipping. Of course before shipping, the machine had to be "calibrated" by me, if you know what I mean lol. So yup, I couldn't resist trying it and looking at how the machine is build. Here is part of the information I sent to Mudfud:

Really cute machine. I played with it, this machine is not really easy to win but is fun to play. The playfield angle can be adjust with two butterfly nuts to make it harder or easier to play. I set it a bit to be easier, heheheh

Ok, the bad and the good..

The bad:

The paint on the machine is peeling, maybe you will prefer to repaint it.

The top and bottom edge have a plastic band a bit damaged, but it's only for esthetical purpose and surely can be replace with something else.

There's a couple of burned bulbs here and there, and some missing ones. After examination, you will probably have to change a bulb socket or two in the central vertical column where there's a woman picture and number 10, 20... 100.

The biggest possible problem I can see is with the front plexyglas, it is cracked and the pattern (decal of numbers, etc..) is painted on this plexyglas. It's not a paper or photo behind the plexyglas. So If you plan to change the plexyglas, you will have to redo this pattern/decal. I would put it on a paper instead of a the plexyglas. It's like the top glass of a pinball, the pattern is paint on it.

Maybe you will want to repaint the bulbs to add color and show which tower is green, yellow or red..

Money cannot be used to start the game, instead the start of the game has been rewired on the front flipper button. Maybe you will prefer to do something about it.

The back can be open, the two locks don't keep the machine close and there's no key for the locks.

Otherwhise, it seem that the machine is fully fonctionnal and I don't see anything not possible to you.

The good:

When the game is started, a timer is start and you have one minute 30 seconds to play, a clock ticking which sound like a cooking timer can be heard. There's three flippers activated by the buttons on the sides of the machine and one on the front. The front flipper can be activate by front button but it can be ignored because the front flipper activate itself when the ball touch it. There's towers with bulb on top. When some towers are lighted up and the ball touch them, you get reward points. 1 point for the green ones, 5 points for the yellows and 10 points for the red ones. There's two contacts target on the back (left and right) which turn memoentary on the other tower colors. These towers points are accumulated and shown on the bottom front of the machine where the broken plexyglas is located. There's also two other contact targets on the back, just under the central column which increase the central column points by 10 points. There's also a central bumper/kicker which is fun to see going nut when the ball touch it

This machine is fun to play in my opinion. It's actually more fun than I thought, and of course it must be taken in consideration than this machine is really old (1964 or 1967 I think), have a playfied of about one square foot, and the pinballs as old as this machine don't have more bell and whistle than this mini machine. Pachinkos could be seen has pretty boring to some persons if you think about it, there's no challenge, when you find the good spot with the handle to hit the start pocket, you don't have much to do. But there's others persons like us who are fascinated by them and it's what make them wonderfull

It's really fascinating to see how the machine is made. the bottom of the playfield is made of a metal plate wired to the circuit, so when the metal ball touch a tower spring, bumper, etc.. electric contact is made between the tower connection and bottom plate and the points are accumulated.

I had a lot of fun understanding how this machine work and playing it. When I will have some free time, I plan to try to make a machine like the Euromat, or include the idea in a custom cell or something.

17. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cheap video quickly done in basement with the photo camera at night. Not enough outside light, so poor quality, sorry..

YouTube - Euromat

19. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool Re: euromat miniature pinball? anyone near quebec?

Nice vid, looks like a bit of skill is involved. Very cool machine!
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

neat machine
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Nice vid, looks like a bit of skill is involved. Very cool machine!
    It's actually not that easy to hit the ball and get it roll up to the back for big points.. and it's even more hard when the player s... at pinball like I am heheheheheh

The machine left the house today, Mudfud is supposed to get it at the beginning of next week.. let see what she think about it

23. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first pix of euromat in salinas.

unfortunately, fedex was a bit rough with the box. the outer box was gouged; however, the inner wood box was fine.

the front acrylic is more cracked than when it was in montreal, but I had planned to replace this anyhow, so that's OK

due to probably being dropped or tossed about, there were a couple light bulbs broken and one relay floating around. the socket for the european plug was broken, too, but it looks fixable, and I may wire all the way back to the transformer, so we don't need the socket at all.

inside is pretty primitive, but I suppose that is how pinballs were made in the 60's.

I hope to spend some quality time with this one on monday, will post detailed pix then.

thanks again, tilion, for helping me to get this one to california. let me know if you see any local craigs list items that I could help you get back to montreal!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PachiTalk

25. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!

What the hell is that ??? How did they manage to tear off the box like that, it's a doubled cardboard box! Did they pulled the box on the ground in a stair or something???

About the light bulbs broken, what do you mean? do you mean broken has broken glass here and there? There was no broken glass in the machine. If my memory is good, I think there was one, maybe two burned bulbs on the play field, one missing bulb there also. On the back, the column with 10...100 and two arrows pointing down, the left arrow was not lit, and I think the number 50 or 70 was not lit, but no broken bulb.

I see that the box for mirrors and foam over it for the ball are still in place where I put them, but the ball is on the ground, was the ball free in the machine when you opened it? because I placed it in a tissue sor safety, and taped it in a cavity inside the foam, no way to get out of there.

How's the four mirrors, are they ok? they was stuck in layers of foam and in the box. I hope they are ok!

A relay floating around??? gee z there was no loose part, everything was holding pretty well.. The only part that may move is in the bottom section, the large metal plate with all the components on it.. I think this part need to be lift and push toward the front of the machine, and there's two metal clip (L-shape) screwed to the wood that probably hold the big metal plate in vertical position. Because it seem to not hold in vertical position really well and I was afraid it move around during transport, I made a box that I placed between the plate and the base of the playfied, to hold the metal plate down. Maybe it's my box which done something to push the relay...

For the European plug, I saw that the ceramic base part was cracked in two pieces when I got the machine, The cable near the socket was a bit damaged, so I removed about four inches of electric wire and reconnected everything for safety. Because of the two screws holding the ceramic pieces to the wood, and the plastic cover over it, the pieces was stuck firmly in place. Did the socket was still attached to the wood when you got it? if not, then they surely put a foot on the box and pulled really hard on the cord on purpose, it's impossible that the European plug fall down during transport, even if the box was drop.

Well, honestly, I'm really disappointed. And I'm angry toward me for not thought about the Plexiglas which may crack more during transport.. I would have put tape to try to give strength to the cracked part
    Last edited by TilionMtl; 03-28-2010 at 04:38 AM.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well. it should all be fixable, but yes, there were at least 2 broken bulbs. one was one of the red ones on the top. the bulb was sheared off and the chrome ring knocked off.

I also found a couple small pieces of mirror... makes me nervous, but I did not open the box yet. I am hoping they did not come from there.

I will try to spend a couple hours today after work to see what goes where.

as to the acrylic, I will be replacing anyway, so no worries.

everything looks very fixable.

perhaps the lesson for me is to go with a box that has styro all the way around, and to put stuffing inside, too, so the bulbs, board, etc, cannot move around.

it will be fine, I think. more details later this morning.
    PachiTalk

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Judging by the looks of the shipping box, it was handled pretty roughly in transit, so I would expect there to be some minor damage to the inside of the machine.

Glad to hear that everything is fixable, though. Can't wait to see videos of it in operation someday!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

actually, tilion had posted a video already. so my job is to getting working at least that well... I think I will put LEDs, once I figure out what voltage I need.

first though, sorting the broken pieces.
    PachiTalk

33. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mudfud

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If possible, could you take a photos of the mirror box while you open it, I'm curious to see if the mirror are still placed as I placed them..

Honestly I can't figure out how the light bulbs get broken, unless the ball get free in the machine and moved around hitting some light bulbs. The chrome part you probably talk about are the one at the top, where the two bigger light bulbs are placed, these sockets can't move easily because they are place over the hole in the wood, and the box and foam was holding them there if something would happen.

If you need any information of what gos where, let me know, I remember the layout pretty well..

If the ball was free, mirrors broken, well I don't know if you can, but you should fill a claim, at the price they charge for shipping! I was particularly pleased about the job I had done packaging them.

I should have take some pictures of the packaging before shipping. If you need me to fill a claim, I will be happy to help you.

In the tracking information, I see that they left the box on the porch?

35. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to TilionMtl

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast