Thread: self-empowerment the EASY way

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default self-empowerment the EASY way

Okay, I've been sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, staring at the Marine Carnival because it was SO loud that I couldn't play it for more than a couple minutes before my ears hurt. I could've waited for my buddy to come over and put the volume mod in for me, but I was impatient, sooo...I looked at what he did on Yeti and Lucky Cats, and added the volume controls myself! Now....to you guys, that sounds SO minor, but lemme tell ya...I don't work on electronics, probably with good reason. I don't want to get shocked, or fry a board, or whatever, so I let the pros do it. But I got antsy, and figured it didn't SOUND like rocket science.....so I clipped and stripped wires, tinned and soldered, heat shrink tubed the soldered sections and hot glued the volume knobs inside the door, and it works!!
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Next you will have a home improment show on PBS :lol:

Good Job, My Lady of Tattoos - we be proud of you
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great job, hopefully your bravery will inspire others before hearing damage sets in :-) There's really not much to worry about when working on volume mods on these machines. Just unplug them before you start. For a little extra piece of mind, I will commonly trace the speaker wires back to the board and disconnect them from the board while I'm doing the mod. If the wires aren't routed too intricately, I'll pull the speaker and wires out and put them on the bench to do the soldering. Less risk of bodily harm that way :-)

Now that you've conquered your fears, you can talk flippantly about these mods like many others here do :-)
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Uh-oh....I was supposed to UNPLUG the machine before working on it?????? :smt046 Where's the difficulty in that??
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm impressed!!

I used the cotton ball method on my first machine. Since then I haven't done anything on the other machines I have purchased and just suffer through the bonus rounds. When I got the first machine I couldn't believe how loud it sounded. Now the volume sounds too low on the first machine and I plan to remove some of the cotton balls. Maybe I have already suffered some hearing loss!!!

I need to learn how to install volume controls. If not, maybe just need to get motivated to put cotton balls in the other machines.

Kelly is an inspiration!! I'm also the Pachislo enthusiast in my family. Nice to know that I'm not the only woman Pachi addict.
    SpinLuck*DragonDice*BlackJack*LasVegas*TopGun*Twist*LuckyCat *Penquin Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey, WELCOME, deb!!! Good to have another lady on here! You've got a great assortment of machines, too. Wowser! :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Deb,

we are planing to put up curtins and empty the over full ash trays. The balls on the floor are there for the cat to play with.

Oh the stack of Pizzia boxes are being used to keep the door closed, after the lock broke.

The beer in the ice box is for snake bite, there are snakes around, we call them "Davey the snake Pachislo overpricer"

Excuse MeÂ… Â… Â…

HEY GUYS WE GOT WOMEN HEREÂ… Â… QUITE ARM PIT FARTHING

http://www.users.qwest.net/~arbycoff...happydance.gif
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by deb
    ....Nice to know that I'm not the only woman Pachi addict.
    Don't worry...your not the only lady Pachi addict around. My girlfriend has a blast with them in between the times she is serving me my cocktails and picking up the tokens...uh well maybe not all of that :twisted:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definitely not the only female addict other than me.....Hollywood_623 is a very good friend of mine, and I've managed to encourage the addiction to travel in her direction....She was over here earlier helping me to find out if the hopper on my Kiwame would play a hopper error message (it does). Nothing like playing games with a REASON.... (making sure the sounds work, learning to count to 3 in Japanese, making sure lights all light up, reels spin, screws are tight, reels are CLEAN (can't have dirty smudges on those, can we?)volume mods work, etc, etc, etc.....)!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You know what ? I think the ladies also have better eyesight and reflexes on playing these than we do. I am astonished how easy it is for my girlfriend to get those 7 7 7 lined up on my Pachislos. I have a tuff time at times "eye shooting" but of course that could be alcohol related....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My boyfriend's aunt had NO luck with my Kiwame...but today, Hollywood_623 played it, and cleaned out the hopper in under 30 minutes (1,000 tokens). All my pachislos play well for me, too. Sometimes they're a little stubborn, but with a little TLC, they're more than happy to give me all they've got.
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Maybe most pachislos are males, and they prefer to give it up for the gals :twisted:
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    Maybe most pachislos are males, and they prefer to give it up for the gals :twisted:
    I think your on the right track there as I have never felt very close to my Pachislos. But my Pachinkos seem to giving me a warm fuzzy feeling and I can out play my girlfriend on these Pachinkos while she really outplays me on those Pachislos!